00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates

26,582 Views | 125 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Didn't read the post but NENE IS BACK! I can guiltlessly love you again, Newgrounds.

Edit: read thread. Was disappointed. I'll love you for now, though.

(>'-')>

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 12:26:01

As long as I get to see teh tubgirl I hope net neutrality stays!1

Teh Tubgirl is the best.

I LOVE teh Tubgirl, Do you?

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 14:05:07

Completely behind this cause. Been signing petitions and reaching out to our representatives a few times over the last couple weeks. I'm freaking tired of having to have this battle every couple years just so ISPs can't be shitty. Ever since 2005 when I joined I've loved how free and open the internet was, especially on NG, being so user centered.

Here's to hoping for another upset for the fat cats.

Does anybody even read these?

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 14:27:18

About the Net Neutrality thing no worries want to know why because alot of websites and other companies will pull out of the USA and move to Canada or the EU and give Ajit Pie the middle finger and if they are money powermongers they wont get it they're way belive me.....this may seem like a dumb question but how is that affecting me who im from the EU?

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 14:55:37

At 12/13/17 02:27 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote: About the Net Neutrality thing no worries want to know why because alot of websites and other companies will pull out of the USA and move to Canada or the EU and give Ajit Pie the middle finger and if they are money powermongers they wont get it they're way belive me.....this may seem like a dumb question but how is that affecting me who im from the EU?

It's affecting you because this will create a domino effect. If ISP-guided paywalls, censorship, throttled internet speeds, tiered plans, website packages, and absurdly high prices become allowed by USA law, your nation will be next.

I like aliens and robots too much.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 15:13:48

At 12/13/17 12:58 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Lots of nice and nifty updates here hope it all pans out for the best

~X~

Everything will be fine. Just like that old song, Don't worry be happy.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

At 12/13/17 02:55 PM, EVanimations wrote:
At 12/13/17 02:27 PM, Necroionutwiz wrote: About the Net Neutrality thing no worries want to know why because alot of websites and other companies will pull out of the USA and move to Canada or the EU and give Ajit Pie the middle finger and if they are money powermongers they wont get it they're way belive me.....this may seem like a dumb question but how is that affecting me who im from the EU?
It's affecting you because this will create a domino effect. If ISP-guided paywalls, censorship, throttled internet speeds, tiered plans, website packages, and absurdly high prices become allowed by USA law, your nation will be next.

Indeed, it's a global phenomenon. Internet's a global thing. Anything that affects one country today can affect another tomorrow as far as the act itself goes, and the US is a big influence to the rest of the world. But more directly: websites hosted in the US, and traffic routed through the US could be affected. So depends on which places you visit.

Since such a large part of Internet infrastructure is in the US it could probably affect pricing elsewhere too. Moving all of that elsewhere wouldn't be cheap, or always possible.

At 12/13/17 11:01 AM, EVanimations wrote: 2: Repealing net neutrality somehow becomes less profitable for ISPs than keeping it.

What we really need is a law that prevents that eternal reppealing...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 15:22:24

At 12/13/17 03:13 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Everything will be fine. Just like that old song, Don't worry be happy.

...as long as y'all call in to congress and really change some people's minds about some things. ;) Seems like pretty serious stuff...

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 15:28:55

Regarding the design changes, it seems there's a bug with the review field where the text box is/grows wider than the container. It starts out at what seems to be the right size, but as I type either it widens or the caret moves to the right so everything scrolls to the left, as seen below. Using FF 57.0.2, 64-Bit, Win 7.

Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 15:48:21

The web will theoretically run fine elsewhere, it will mostly be a matter of reaching US customers. Some worry that how the US handles the internet will influence how other countries handle it, though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 15:52:35

At 12/13/17 03:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/13/17 03:13 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Everything will be fine. Just like that old song, Don't worry be happy.
...as long as y'all call in to congress and really change some people's minds about some things. ;) Seems like pretty serious stuff...

Yes, I will do all that I can. It wouldn't be the first time that I had to help keep NewGrounds running.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 16:02:27

Yes lets hope so it would be a shame to see such a place as newgrounds vanish.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 16:20:40

At 12/13/17 03:20 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: What we really need is a law that prevents that eternal reppealing...

Lol, they'll just repeal that too! There will be no end to repealing obstacles until money is taken out of politics altogether, and by then everyone's pigs will be capable of jet-powered flight.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 16:48:48

At 12/13/17 04:02 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
Yes lets hope so it would be a shame to see such a place as newgrounds vanish.

~X~

It would be crushing if NewGrounds vanished before I completed my last goal. It would really be a dark day.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 17:03:18

At 12/13/17 04:20 PM, EVanimations wrote:
At 12/13/17 03:20 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: What we really need is a law that prevents that eternal repealing...
Lol, they'll just repeal that too! There will be no end to repealing obstacles until money is taken out of politics altogether, and by then everyone's pigs will be capable of jet-powered flight.

Hmm so what we really need is a law that prevents eternally repealing this eternal Net Neutrality repealing...

World's in a sad state these days. Really does seem like things have to reach a breaking point before they get better, but I do hope.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 17:06:40

At 12/13/17 04:20 PM, EVanimations wrote:
At 12/13/17 03:20 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: What we really need is a law that prevents that eternal reppealing...

Politics is all about money. I don't those two being separated anytime soon. Flying pigs could be really cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 17:57:21

At 12/12/17 01:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Oh man I feel horrible saying it but the face voting is set to go away when the vote merge happens, since people will be able to give half stars in their vote. :(

Noooooo! I was just enjoying those again!

Is there any way to keep them. The little bit of personality might seem superfluous, but it was actually part of the reason I signed up for NG. :s

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

At 12/13/17 05:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Flying pigs could be really cool.

Imagine pigs pooping everywhere the way pigeons do.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 18:39:47

"Yeah, seems like it. (also holy crap thanks for replying I'm a huge fan of Nightmare Cops)"

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-13 22:39:08

At 12/13/17 06:16 PM, EVanimations wrote:
At 12/13/17 05:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Flying pigs could be really cool.
Imagine pigs pooping everywhere the way pigeons do.

It would be funny as long as it did not happen near me. Something you would see in a farming movie.

BBS Signature

World's in a sad state these days. Really does seem like things have to reach a breaking point before they get better, but I do hope.

Plz play this while reading from here on out. Less than 24 hours...

It's only gonna get sadder. And Americans today are pretty much walking punching bags when it comes to the 1%. Case in point: look at the root causes of the opioid epidemic today. Look at a recent law blocking DEA enforcement. And look at how NOBODY IN THIS COUNTRY IS FIGHTING BACK!

The breaking point has long past, and Americans still do nothing.

Meanwhile, NATO member Turkey is a dictatorship. Hungary and Poland are creeping authoritarian. China is as oppressive as the days of Mao Zedong. Thailand, Malaysia, Phillipines, Cambodia more authoritarian. Otther parts of South America moving towards Venezuela's path, at least in terms of government rule.

Somehow I feel like the possibility of mankind wiping itself out isn't such a bad thing...I see having now world at all as better than a world of perpetual, irreversible tyranny and oppression...at least the world I envision the future will be...

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 00:00:23

I don't have a congress member, so I just signed the petition. As for the updates and all - they are really good-looking. Can't wait for more of them)

"Please don't tap on the glass. Penguins can see and hear you alright. They just don't care."

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 01:11:49

At 12/12/17 01:46 PM, TomFulp wrote: Oh man I feel horrible saying it but the face voting is set to go away when the vote merge happens, since people will be able to give half stars in their vote. :(

I'm gonna miss the 0-6 system, it was simple. Though I gotta say I really liked it when it was just pico icons

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 02:01:30

At 12/14/17 01:11 AM, BrandyBuizel wrote: I'm gonna miss the 0-6 system, it was simple. Though I gotta say I really liked it when it was just pico icons

It will be hard to get used to the new set up. The Pico icons are classic.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 03:56:18

I am hopeful that when #NetNeutrality passes, Internet service providers will make sure that all sites are at least bearable to visit because -- you know -- happy customers ... ?

People will leave them faster than the patrons and creators left Patreon. People will still have dollar votes even though there are no good politicians to vote for.

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 05:48:44

At 12/13/17 11:12 PM, Th-e wrote: It's only gonna get sadder. And Americans today are pretty much walking punching bags when it comes to the 1%. Case in point: look at the root causes of the opioid epidemic today. Look at a recent law blocking DEA enforcement. And look at how NOBODY IN THIS COUNTRY IS FIGHTING BACK!

On this topic of being a punching bag for the 1%... The proposed tax plan. Nothing about it has sat well with me and yesterday I asked my accountant for his take on it, in case I was missing something. He said I would have to make over a million dollars per year to see any benefit from it and (as most of us know) it's largely going to big companies and nothing will stop them from using the increased profits for stock buybacks (doesn't help most of us) or international expansion (doesn't help most of us).

I try not to get into big political fights on-line but it's really hard to justify ANYTHING that has been happening this past year.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 12/13/17 11:12 PM, Th-e wrote: Plz play this while reading from here on out. Less than 24 hours...

Suitable ominous music. :)

Somehow I feel like the possibility of mankind wiping itself out isn't such a bad thing...I see having now world at all as better than a world of perpetual, irreversible tyranny and oppression...at least the world I envision the future will be...

The way you phrase it our future does sound pretty dark... but I believe that at our lowest point we really will come together, it's just a shame it has to reach that low for something to happen. We've seen it in the past with the world war, and further back with natural disasters and other conquests... it's sad history keeps repeating itself, but with each step along the way maybe we're one step closer to change. Evolution's slow. Not that this particular act seems like the stepping stone to that breaking-point dystopia, but with what we're doing to the environment, and our unsustainable financial system... seems like just a matter of time.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 09:26:43

Oh man I feel horrible saying it but the face voting is set to go away when the vote merge happens, since people will be able to give half stars in their vote. :(

The 1 thru 5 Darnell graphic would make a fun shirt

I'm listening to the FCC live cast. There is a lady talking and she is ABSOLUTELY INCINERATING THAT COCKSUCKER in support of Net Neutrality.

Edit: It was Mignon Clyburn.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Net Neutrality, Audio & Art Updates 2017-12-14 12:51:32

At 12/14/17 12:05 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I'm listening to the FCC live cast. There is a lady talking and she is ABSOLUTELY INCINERATING THAT COCKSUCKER in support of Net Neutrality.

Edit: It was Mignon Clyburn.

12:51
They just called a recess due to security in the middle of Ajit's speech

BBS Signature