00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cuddlymuffintop just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worried About Another War.

1,194 Views | 20 Replies

Worried About Another War. 2017-09-03 09:54:37

Hey Newgrounds,

I live in South Korea and we're starting to get quite worried now, since DPRK has tested its 6th nuclear test, with a Hydrogen bomb. This bomb will be attached to ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile). Watch the article (CNN)

I'm still young, and adults said that war does not happen so easily, so there's nothing to worry about... But still, I feel the tension grow stronger than before.

What do you think? Will the second Korean war will happen?

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-04 16:35:49

You should create your own nuclear weapons. That may the only thing that can deter north korea.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-04 17:32:51

At 9/4/17 03:32 PM, Gutnacht wrote: north korea wouldnt last a week at war

kim jong un is what happens when the asian kid is bad at math

Seoul and it's 9.8 million people won't last either considering all the North Korean Artillery aimed at it.

It's easy to beat a war drum when you don't consider mass unavoidable civilian casualties, nukes or not.

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-04 23:37:00

I don't live in South Korea, so I can't speak on behalf of your people. Or begin to understand the panic that may be going on in people's minds. But as an American, who North Korea also has on their missile Christmas list, I'm not too worried.

Sources will say that they have nukes, others will claim that the media itself is completely blowing the whole situation out of proportion just for gain. (both of which are equally possible) North Korea would be more or less be committing mass suicide if they ever fully committed to attacking any of the super powers.

I like to think of it as them flexing their dick missiles and not much more. Best case scenario would be one of their own dick missiles backfiring inside their silos.

BBS Signature

At 9/3/17 09:54 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Hey Newgrounds,

I live in South Korea and we're starting to get quite worried now, since DPRK has tested its 6th nuclear test, with a Hydrogen bomb. This bomb will be attached to ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile). Watch the article (CNN)

I'm still young, and adults said that war does not happen so easily, so there's nothing to worry about... But still, I feel the tension grow stronger than before.

What do you think? Will the second Korean war will happen?

Honestly i highly doubt Korea would do something like that.That would cause them more problems than solutions.
Plus i think CNN is just Fear Mongering.

At least that is my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 11:19:48

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

Today (in South Korean time), September 9th, is a national celebration day in DPRK. Many rumors have been told that the war would occur at this day.

Latest article : http://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/korea-braces-korea-missile-test-49695665

What do you guys think about this?

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 12:46:43

Technically speaking, the Korean War never officially ended. It was left off as a stalemate at the 38th parallel. If anything, the war will end soon if Kim decides to keep actin da fool.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 13:02:17

Well, let's just say there'll come when NK crumbles from within. Don't have any idea of how it would happen but it'll happen regardless. I'm sure of it.

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 13:10:23

At 9/3/17 09:54 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: What do you think? Will the second Korean war will happen?

Just settle the score with a K-Pop dance competition and everything will be fine

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 14:00:19

If we are looking at things as rational individuals, the North can't do anything but maintain it's own sovereignty. If they were to attack the south, the US would tear them a new asshole. And China likely wouldn't support NK in any meaningful way simply because they aren't worth the cost of a major war in Asia. Not to mention the economic consequences that the entire world would suffer if China and the United States were dragged into a war because of the North. We even saw China mobilizing troops on the NK border when tensions flared up a few months ago. My theory is that a swift invasion and annexation would be a much better solution for China then siding with NK. The only thing we need to worry about is Kim Jong Un himself. He is young, inexperienced, and has grown up wealthy and being worshiped by everyone around him. With Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il you got a sense that they didn't buy into their own bullshit as much given that they weren't always the "Divine leaders" of North Korea. So I don't know, Un may end up doing some damage. But typically when NK lash out and threaten to nuke everyone, it is so that the South and US will send them food to appease them. If we would just stop that shit, the people in the North would eventually become hungry enough that no amount of brainwashing and terror will stop them from tearing Jong Un apart.

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-08 14:28:18

dont worry nothing will happen kim jung un just needs some talking to

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-09 00:50:42

At 9/8/17 02:28 PM, KieranMaster wrote: dont worry nothing will happen kim jung un just needs some talking to

Trump should allow Kim to court Tiffany.

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-09 01:15:07

At 9/9/17 12:50 AM, WaffleCrisp wrote:
At 9/8/17 02:28 PM, KieranMaster wrote: dont worry nothing will happen kim jung un just needs some talking to
Trump should allow Kim to court Tiffany.

that makes sense

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-09 01:21:45

Phwoar, okay. I think the "War on September 9th" rumor is a total fake. Nothing is happening now. I will just pray that this catastrophic situation will end soon.

Thanks so much for the opinions.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-09 06:43:24

At 9/4/17 11:37 PM, Doctor933brains wrote: I don't live in South Korea, so I can't speak on behalf of your people. Or begin to understand the panic that may be going on in people's minds. But as an American, who North Korea also has on their missile Christmas list, I'm not too worried.

Realistically speaking, the only ones who should be worried are S Koreans, or more accurately those living in and near Seoul. It's well known that the US artillery defence system would be good enough to detect and neutralize any hypothetical attack by N Korea before any damage occurs; however, it's very difficult for the same to be said about S Korea - the missiles would strike before anyone knows what's going on, or (more likely) it would manage to hit despite the anti-air due to the short distance. That being said, this is a load of crap considering that it would mean suicide for Kim.

At 9/9/17 01:21 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Phwoar, okay. I think the "War on September 9th" rumor is a total fake. Nothing is happening now. I will just pray that this catastrophic situation will end soon.

#nothingeverhappens

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-10 07:25:41

At 9/10/17 12:28 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 9/9/17 06:43 AM, Gimmick wrote: That being said, this is a load of crap considering that it would mean suicide for Kim.
not to mention that n korea has stated several times they have no interest in attacking s korea

Because ol' Kim J is clearly the epitome of reliability

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-10 10:48:57

This is something I've been dreading potentially happening for years now and it's a selfish reason why. A year ago, I got out of the Navy, but there's some years tacked on to your contract upon it ending where it transitions from active to reserve status. This means that if shit hits the fan (like it's been seeming to lately) the US government can essentially pull people in that reserve status back into the military almost immediately. So everything I've done in the past year to begin my life outside the military can be put on fuckin' hold to go back to the shitty job I had. Buuut, I did sign a contract stating I would do that and frankly I couldn't ever morally find some excuse and try to get out of it.

A lot of people have shot down this little fear of mine coming true, mostly coming from the point of view that the US military is already armed to the teeth and wouldn't need to call its old vets back in out of desperation. In most random bullshit conflicts that the US sticks its nose in, I would agree, but my job in the Navy was working on computer weapon systems strictly onboard Ohio class submarines. Their gigantic submarines with 24 nuclear missile silos onboard, literally, their entire purpose is to hide in the ocean for months a time. Not even other US Navy vessels are aware of the sub's location most of time, this adds layers of secrecy to the whole operation when the US government is unable to speak of where their submarines for weeks at a time. My point is that my specific job I had is very relevant to this whole situation with North Korea and it's going to be a big red flag if the government pushes that button to call for help from its old vets, it means they don't have time to track and recruit a new band of people. The training I had to go to for my job was very extensive and also, the Navy's submarine personnel is a very small group (proportionally) compared to what the rest of it is. There's only a couple thousand people at any given time in the US Navy working on or near submarines, it's a small network.

I really don't want to get drafted into any bs, especially if it means I'm going to be on this weird front line fighting for Trump's America.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-14 15:42:45

NK is probably desperate now thanks to sanctions and their threats to Japan and US, but I doubt that a war will ever happen. It seems that they have no real intention to use nukes other than to intimidate countries and doing the equivalent of a kid going "I'm not touching you". The only question is when they will stop making nukes and go the route of China or Hong Kong, even Kim Jung Il mainly used nukes as an excuse to get aid, so Un being younger and going all out to get nukes wont end well if hes insane enough to use them on a country.

Also looking up documentaries the people are just that, people. I dont think most want a war.

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-14 18:26:33

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to Worried About Another War. 2017-09-21 09:52:47

It seems quite a while, but does anyone smell something strange?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/19/politics/trump-un-speech-world-leaders-react/index.html

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

As far as I understand the US has complete control of the south korean military, and has offered to relinquish control but was turned down. Basically us being in control gives them more political leverage and makes it safer for them.

I understand your fear, but even China is getting tired of North Koreas bullshit, this won't go on much longer.

At 9/21/17 09:52 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: It seems quite a while, but does anyone smell something strange?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/19/politics/trump-un-speech-world-leaders-react/index.html

lolol CNN cracks me up, they've made false news reports about the area I live in which was hilarious. And now this article has a typo in the first paragraph. Lol it's really like they don't give a shit anymore.