00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

most difficult thing(s) to draw?

456 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I would imagine just about every artist has at least one thing that is just incredibly difficult to draw, whether it's hands, feet, faces, men, women, backgrounds, animals, or anything else. So, with that being said... what's the most difficult thing (or things) for you to draw?

For me, I'd have to say women (everything, face, bodily structure, hair, etc...), backgrounds, guns (which is weird because I'm usually not to bad at making blocky three dimensional objects and structures with depth like buildings and cars), and eyes (more specifically realistic eyes).

What about you?

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-21 15:46:15

For me its probably Backgrounds/Landscapes, It's something i need to practice a lot more

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-21 16:02:44

At 5/21/17 03:46 PM, LukeF wrote: For me its probably Backgrounds/Landscapes, It's something i need to practice a lot more

I've got a shit ton of practice, made some neat backgrounds, but after a couple of months of not doing it, I'm trash again. That skill rusts fast.
Backgrounds are the worst.

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-21 16:23:07

At 5/21/17 04:02 PM, kehny wrote:
At 5/21/17 03:46 PM, LukeF wrote: For me its probably Backgrounds/Landscapes, It's something i need to practice a lot more
I've got a shit ton of practice, made some neat backgrounds, but after a couple of months of not doing it, I'm trash again. That skill rusts fast.
Backgrounds are the worst.

Yeah it takes awhile for things to come back to you when you havent done them in ages XD
Ill have to force myself to do more backgrounds

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-21 18:38:20

At 5/21/17 03:46 PM, LukeF wrote: For me its probably Backgrounds/Landscapes, It's something i need to practice a lot more.

Oh, I forgot about landscapes. They're also super difficult for me. On the bright side though, I find landscapes really fun to make!

At 5/21/17 04:02 PM, kehny wrote: I've got a shit ton of practice, made some neat backgrounds, but after a couple of months of not doing it, I'm trash again. That skill rusts fast.

Man, I really need to practice backgrounds more. It's just hard to bring myself to do it because they're kinda boring to draw.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

BBS Signature

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-22 00:14:59

I HATE drawing the face at an upwards angle, where the chin curves up. No matter what I do, it always looks wrong. lol
I also have a really hard time with dynamic poses, and some trouble with arms and legs.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-22 03:01:15

At 5/22/17 12:14 AM, Oddlem wrote: I HATE drawing the face at an upwards angle, where the chin curves up. No matter what I do, it always looks wrong. lol

That sounds pretty frustrating. I don't think I've ever drawn a face at that angle before. I should try to.

I also have a really hard time with dynamic poses, and some trouble with arms and legs.

Oh yeah! I have a bit of trouble with legs too. More specifically the calf and knees.

I can never tell if I drew the calf too thick or not thick enough.

BBS Signature

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-23 07:18:38

Backgrounds are especially hard for me, any kind of background...

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-23 09:35:18

Hands. ALWAYS.

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-23 11:11:14

At 5/23/17 09:35 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hands. ALWAYS.

Lol. I can agree. But, I have trouble drawing people in general XD

Response to most difficult thing(s) to draw? 2017-05-23 16:26:37

At 5/23/17 11:11 AM, Skiddle wrote:
At 5/23/17 09:35 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hands. ALWAYS.
Lol. I can agree. But, I have trouble drawing people in general XD

Oh man! Hands are a bit difficult for me too, but they're super fun to draw.

BBS Signature