00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone else scared of midgets?

655 Views | 12 Replies

Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-18 21:32:00

I suffer extremely bad Achondroplasiaphobia. Fear of Midgets.

Luckily for me, midgets are quite the rarity while going about my normal 9-5 life and I can put the little devils completely out of my mind while I'm at home.

However, today was a bad day. While walking my dog in the local park, I encountered not one but two midgets. My initial reaction was to run, but because I had thrown my dogs ball in the direction of the midgets, and the adult midget had decided to pick up the ball and proceed to stroke my dog. Leaving me no choice but to face my fear and move within 20 yards of the pesky little guys.

First comes the sweating and the laboured breathing. Next, the screaming. I inherited the screaming from my childhood experiences. My siblings would place posters of mini me and other prominent midgets around my bedroom. I would wake up and the first thing I would see would be the posters. I don't know why, but screaming helped. So that's what I did today, I full-on went into screaming mode and fainted. When I awoke, to my horror I was being comforted by this two midgets. One was laying with his head on my chest and the other was stroking my hair. It was horrifying.

Anyone else suffer with peculiar phobias?

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-18 22:13:25

Were they hot tho...

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-18 22:33:32

What if one day you woke up and realized you were just two midgets in a trench coat this whole time.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 00:34:24

At 5/18/17 10:33 PM, Chat-man wrote: What if one day you woke up and realized you were just two midgets in a trench coat this whole time.

Maybe we're all midgets in trench coats. You'll never know the truth.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 00:53:22

At 5/19/17 12:38 AM, Jurornumber3 wrote:
At 5/19/17 12:34 AM, Oddlem wrote:
At 5/18/17 10:33 PM, Chat-man wrote: What if one day you woke up and realized you were just two midgets in a trench coat this whole time.
You'll never know the truth.
I refuse to believe that.

I used to want to be a midget, cuz I thought if I could stay small, I could avoid the responsibilities of being an adult...also, here's two midgets in a trench coat.

Well I refuse to believe you
Now you have no dishes.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 02:37:44

midgets are like overgrown babies of course im not scared of them.

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 03:02:27

At 5/19/17 12:34 AM, Oddlem wrote:
You'll never know the truth.

I stared at that for like a full minute before realising there isn't anything cool like a hidden UFO or monster in it. I demand sexual compensation.

You live on such a tiny island, at least Gilligan explored his! You're just drawing a tiny circle around your mud hut and saying everything outside it is totally gay.

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 06:04:36

One should fear them. Especially the one who uses his wits and intellect.

At 5/19/17 05:36 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Alright. So you're scared of midgets.
What do you think of Primodial Dwarfs though?
They have the same limb-ratio as a "normal" human. Only small scale.

Dwarfs have odd shaped heads, bowed legs and peculiar hands and arms. They don't resemble humans as much as midgets. Midgets remind me of walking and talking babies and that freaks me the fuck out. You can spot a dwarf and know what it is and they're usually friendly. They don't have "little man syndrome."

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 11:38:07

Nah
I find them quite adorable

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-19 12:43:49

There was a midget bussing tables at a steak place in a mall I went to as a kid (w/ my parents) in the 1980's. At first I acted like an animal, watching carefully, of indications of whether it was predator or prey (lol, my sig). As the business went downhill he started to stagger a bit, also stunk of some vile cheap liquor encased in polyester. We talked to him twice before he quit, asking him about the business' future, how he was doing, which for him was quite rough.

Years later met another one, working the counter of a video rental place. Same reaction again, a bit of fear and loathing. I'm below average height anyway, but not distorted looking. Anyway, we got to be friends (I worked through my fear), but after a while she got scared her common law husband would abuse her for even having a male friend... too many guys are like that, and they wonder why their caged bird doesn't sing.

So yeah, still scared of midgets, poor city folk, furries, worn-out crack-acting mommies who drive white minivans and lust after sticky cinnamon buns and whatever tripe they love on TV. With the exception of the latter example, it's not really fear but unfamiliarity with the person, not the label.

Oh shit, almost forgot, best flick about this wery subject: The Station Agent (2003) Peter Dinklage's big break yo, and it's shot in Jersey, and Michelle Williams is the librarian.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone else scared of midgets? 2017-05-23 00:59:09

At 5/20/17 10:56 PM, FireFoxxy wrote:
At 5/18/17 09:32 PM, revolutionx wrote: Anyone else suffer with peculiar phobias?
I have a chronic fear that the girl i marry will turn out to actually be a guy.

You owe me a keyboard and a tumbler glass full of fresh squeezed OJ and two shots of Grey Goose vodka.

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.