00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Tattoo

2,148 Views | 33 Replies

NG Tattoo 2017-05-17 17:57:47

Since I recently turned 18, I can finally get myself some ink and I figured of all things I want on my body for a lifetime, it's Newgrounds. No doubt this place has been the biggest creative influence in my life and a huge reason I'm headed off to college at Pratt Institute this August to study for a career in 2D animation. I couldn't be more grateful for how this community of creators has shaped me as a person and I never want to forget how important Newgrounds has been for me. So, I'm thinking a tattoo is in store.

But as much as I'd love a newgrounds tattoo, the questions "what of" and "where" still arise. I'm thinking something to do with the Tank Man and putting it somewhere on my right arm. Not quite sure yet, so I'm taking suggestions.

Help a brother out with any ideas you got.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-17 18:02:24

At 5/17/17 06:00 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Teeth and lips tattoo on your ass cheeks so you can impress your friends in college by 'making it talk.'
You could quote movie lines.

As long as I make it say "Cock Joke" then it'll be relevant

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-17 18:55:03

At 5/17/17 06:07 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: Here's something with a little more thought:

Decide to join a Fraternity when you go to school but before applying, get a Tattoo of the Logo of their rival frat.

You are aware I'm looking for a Newgrounds related tattoo specifically, right?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-17 23:25:26 (edited 2017-05-17 23:25:36)

At 5/17/17 05:57 PM, Chat-man wrote: Since I recently turned 18

Ayy I hit that milestone last month, congrats.

Although I'm not personally a fan of tattoos, I'd suggest either a small one of either tank man or the tiny "NG" logo.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 00:05:12

At 5/17/17 11:32 PM, watertemplefml wrote: forget the tattoo, become a ng supporter for the whole year

Actually doing that soon my man, since being 18 means I can finally set up a PayPal and actually have some control over my own bank account. First step is setting everything up though lmao.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 00:08:35

At 5/17/17 11:25 PM, Oddlem wrote: Ayy I hit that milestone last month, congrats.

Although I'm not personally a fan of tattoos, I'd suggest either a small one of either tank man or the tiny "NG" logo.

Ayy gracias, I figured I'd do something​ small. Not really looking to get tatted up haha, way too indecisive for that. Probably gonna do a small tank man of sorts, maybe just the head?? Idk shit's hard to decide on.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 00:40:18

At 5/18/17 12:08 AM, Chat-man wrote: Ayy gracias, I figured I'd do something​ small. Not really looking to get tatted up haha, way too indecisive for that. Probably gonna do a small tank man of sorts, maybe just the head?? Idk shit's hard to decide on.

Maybe like a miniature default profile picture... I dunno.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 04:49:44

The Tank Man would indeed make an awesome tattoo motive, now that I think about it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 05:28:54 (edited 2017-05-18 05:29:07)

Here's an idea, don't. I actually like tattoos, but don't get a Newgrounds tattoo. Unless your aim is to be a wizard, then getting a Newgrounds tattoo will contribute greatly, especially if you place it on the right spot.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 08:54:53

Small angryfaic on the lower arm would be quality.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 15:56:25

It doesn't sound like your gonna do it

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 15:57:31

The angryfaic on the tip of your nose would be rad.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 16:18:07

At 5/17/17 05:57 PM, Chat-man wrote:
But as much as I'd love a newgrounds tattoo, the questions "what of" and "where" still arise. I'm thinking something to do with the Tank Man and putting it somewhere on my right arm. Not quite sure yet, so I'm taking suggestions.

The Tank Man would be cool or you could get a tattoo of your favorite NG character of all time.

But if it's Tank Man, I guess that would cancel out my suggestion then.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 19:02:07

At 5/18/17 04:11 AM, Leidolfr wrote: if you get a NG tattoo i will never stop calling you a faggot

How about I tattoo your mom's number on my nutsack so I can remember who to call when I want it wet, MELVIN

For real tho, there's some mad negativity about this post. I get that a lot of you may just use the site as a place to chat when you're bored, but I'm serious when I say this is the place that got me into art and animation. NG ain't just a meme you guys and if you can't see it as anything but another website, maybe you missed the boat for inspiration. I'm literally headed towards a creative career and NG was the first step for me; the first step towards a life I'm passionate to live. So, call me a faggot if you want but at least I can draw a straight line.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 21:41:07

At 5/18/17 09:17 PM, Leidolfr wrote: pretend its meaningful all you want, a ng tattoo means nothing, its not an "I killed an elk' tattoo, its not a " i joined a prison gang" tattoo, its not a spiritually meaningful tattoo, its a dumb fucking tattoo.

Dumber than that "Free Rides" tattoo your mom got on her lower back?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-18 22:29:34 (edited 2017-05-18 22:29:48)

At 5/18/17 09:56 PM, Leidolfr wrote: hey make it about me, you'll still be a faggot, faggot.

Haha guess it's safe to assume you're the guy with a "Mom" in a heart tattoo on his arm

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 01:59:15

At 5/18/17 07:02 PM, Chat-man wrote: How about I tattoo your mom's number on my nutsack so I can remember who to call when I want it wet, MELVIN

/\ Good response. Covers moms, disgusting sex, and insults really well.

The tat?

Tank man, upper shoulder, so you can live with it a while and it can be hidden under clothing.

Just in case you ever decide to apply for a job with a company which has rules against visible ink.

If you like it, get more. But go slow, 'cause getting a tat is about a hundred times cheaper than getting a tat lasered off.

If you know what I mean.

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 02:04:32

At 5/18/17 09:56 PM, Leidolfr wrote:
if i didnt strike a nerve why are you still responding, you know its faggy, deep down you do. maybe they should raise the age to 21 for tattoos eh?

Why so much angst about sexuality and age, little buddy?

Can't you just appreciate the guy wanting a tat and give real advice?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Why so edgy?

Why do I have so many questions?

Threads to remember: Dickneck, Penicorns, SirTom93's School Incident, and EyeLovePoozy's thread about his job.

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 02:19:56

At 5/17/17 05:57 PM, Chat-man wrote:

Rethink your life choices to figure out how you landed at a point where a tattoo symbolic of a prepubescent internet community seems like a great idea.

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 03:14:27

Salad Fingers.

NG Tattoo

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 03:54:50

At 5/19/17 03:05 AM, Leidolfr wrote:
At 5/19/17 02:04 AM, rottenray wrote:
At 5/18/17 09:56 PM, Leidolfr wrote:
if i didnt strike a nerve why are you still responding, you know its faggy, deep down you do. maybe they should raise the age to 21 for tattoos eh?
Why so much angst about sexuality and age, little buddy?

Can't you just appreciate the guy wanting a tat and give real advice?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Why so edgy?

Why do I have so many questions?
i am giving real advice if this kid goes to jail with an angry faic tattoo he might as well tattoo rape bait on his forehead, you think when hes 40 he is really gonna be like wow, glad i got that ngs tattoo at 18...

That's why I said Tank Man. A Tank Man on your shoulder would still be cool when you're forty or fifty. Once your skin starts to sag, you could just call it APC man.

'Course, lotsa guys here probably have some My Little Pony tats lurking around where you could only see 'em in the shower, and oh, my, that's dickbait right there.

"Deliverance" meets "Mr. Rogers."

Oh, my.

NG Tattoo

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-19 08:55:01

At 5/19/17 12:01 AM, Leidolfr wrote: if i didnt strike a nerve why are you still responding, you know its faggy, deep down you do. maybe they should raise the age to 21 for tattoos eh?

Old Mrs. Leidolfr hit that good nerve tho

NG Tattoo

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 00:58:56

These are obvious but hey fuck it. B on your ass, Tom Fulp's name on your forehead. And a muffin on the tip of your penis.

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 02:56:27

Whatever you do, do not do a newgrounds tattoo. You will regret it.
As cool as this website is, you don't fucking tattoo websites on your body.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 03:15:14

A commitment of this degree warrants only the best!

NG Tattoo

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 12:00:53

At 5/20/17 03:15 AM, EoD696 wrote: A commitment of this degree warrants only the best!

I'll tattoo it right on my fucking face

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 13:45:08

i don't think you'll go through with it. you're just excited about being 18 and you love newgrounds. if you wanna show your love of newgrounds, i'd say just buy a shirt for now.

but, if you really want a tattoo you can be proud of, try and think of a tattoo you actually like, and then try making it about newgrounds. if you get tattoos of just random symbols, like an angry face or a little tank, they're just going to feel like stickers on your body, as apposed to an actual work of art. especially since i feel like it's hard to translate a lot of newgrounds' artists cartoony style into tattoos.

you could get something like a pin up of tank girl or a cool illustration of dad. a newgrounds tattoo has honestly been on my mind for a while. i'm planning a sleeve, and i want to have characters from the culture that is newgrounds littered throughout it.

and if that somehow makes me a faggot, than so fucking be it.

crazy? i'm not crazy. i'm a table.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 15:26:20

At 5/20/17 12:00 PM, Chat-man wrote:
At 5/20/17 03:15 AM, EoD696 wrote: A commitment of this degree warrants only the best!
I'll tattoo it right on my fucking face

I don't think you're even gonna do it you fucking liar

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-20 15:59:25

At 5/20/17 01:45 PM, evanarmagast wrote: Stuff

Yeah homie I hear what you're saying. Realistically I probably won't even follow through at least 'til my college life is in full swing because who fuckin knows how that'll change my life and priorities haha. Guess I was just thinking something small cuz I didn't wanna get super tatted up, but yeah a sticker vibe can 100% come off as lame. Go hard or go home I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Tattoo 2017-05-21 07:41:08

You'd be gettin all the lades with this sexual tyrannosaur on yo cheek (;

NG Tattoo