00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam

9,940 Views | 24 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Monday is the start of our Construct 3 Jam in partnership with Scirra and the theme has been announced:

"Good Things Come in Threes."

The Construct 3 Beta has been available for several weeks now with limited features but starting Monday, ALL features will be available to EVERYONE for the two weeks of the jam. Take some time this weekend to think about your game idea and dabble with the beta, while preparing to go full steam starting Monday.

Construct 3 works in your browser and doesn't require any previous programming knowledge. There are tutorials that will show you how it works, I highly recommend anyone interested in game development has a look! You can even export for Xbox One if you get ambitious.

Pico Day Winners

April 30th was Pico Day here on NG! Pico Day is a celebration of all things NG and people participate with animation, art, games and music.

Top Three Animation ($300, $200, $100)

Don't miss 2XXX, a story of a post-Tankmen world!

Top Three Art ($200, $150, $100)

Art is a big category every year, so many strong contenders. I scouted @V-Fira after finding her great piece on the unscouted list.

Top Three Games ($200, $150, $100)

Newgrounds Tussle also shows real potential!

Top Three Music ($200, $150, $100)

Shout out to @Rucklo for help with judging the music entries.

Thank you everyone who participated in Pico Day this year, it's been cool to see this event continue for TWELVE years now!

One of our Supporter stretch goals this month is to cover the remaining $850 in prize money, after having raised more than half of it last month.

Please consider becoming a monthly supporter, it's only $2.99 per month and helps us transition from a dying ad model! Single month and one year purchases are appreciated as well but we build a lot of strenth from monthly recurring subscriptions. I think there are enough NG fans out there for us to have 10,000 monthly subs - are you one of them?

Coming up: @Butzbo will be releasing an awesome Dinomelt demo on NG and we have big site updates rumbling towards launch. User pages are moving to our mobile friendly layout but they are getting a more custom treatment than the other new pages, in an effort to make them feel more uniquely YOURS. We will be very interested in your feedback as these roll out!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 09:41:28

Congrats to the winners!
I'm also very excited about the jam! Very unique and innovative game maker tool, I really want to see what people are able to create with that! :)

While you're reading this, I'm stealing your cookies...

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 10:31:18

Congratulations

Pico's dad was awesome

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 11:17:14

Congrats to all the winners! It's sad that Pico Day party didn't happen this year but were grateful to see the Pico Day 2017 streaming on our computer. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 11:30:41

Wooo third place yo, congrats to all the winners! It was good Pico Day this year, lookin forward to Construct Jam!

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 11:31:05

Congrats to all the Pico Day winners! This year was great for submissions.

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 15:10:45

Congrats to winners :D
Here's hoping we see even more great content on Pico Day 2018 :)

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 16:02:41

Cool stuff guys, gonna try and see everything on this list this weekend .

Ohai @Rucklo

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 17:56:23

W0000p, gongrats to the winnaahz!
Twelve years, eh? Fucking Pico-day's gonna be an angsty stuck up teenager next year then! ^_____^ dats all kewl, :3

At 5/12/17 04:02 PM, Sequenced wrote: Cool stuff guys, gonna try and see everything on this list this weekend .

Ohai @Rucklo

0hai backatcha @sequenced

Wakka wakka

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 21:20:48

Congratulations to the winners ^_________________________^

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-12 22:34:28

Happy B-day Tom and great Pico Day 2017 folks thanks!

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-13 01:25:04

Jebus, twelve years is a long time. Welp, congratulations to all of the winners and everyone else who participated.

Wait a minute.

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-13 09:51:55

At 5/12/17 07:33 PM, Fungasm wrote: Hey Tom, you're a cool dude.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-13 16:16:14

I'm so embarrassed I'm looking forward trying to make a game for the first time but the theme is confusing, I'm thinking matching three games if that's the theme

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-13 17:13:03

Great job, everyone!
Still don't really see what Pico Day is about, though...

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-13 19:52:00

At 5/13/17 05:13 PM, GearWax wrote: Great job, everyone!
Still don't really see what Pico Day is about, though...

Basically a celebration of the site and the content on it, a sort of "I <3 NG day". You can make art/games/movies/music that represent the spirit of the site and the community; a lot of people use iconic characters from the site's history but you can do something different so long as it's still relevant to Newgrounds. Comes around every April 30th or so

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-14 00:28:55

Congrats to the winners, it was really fun working on that pico day piece. it was also cool seeing tom playing a my little pony fan game.

At 5/12/17 09:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: User pages are moving to our mobile friendly layout but they are getting a more custom treatment than the other new pages, in an effort to make them feel more uniquely YOURS. We will be very interested in your feedback as these roll out!

Looking forward to delivering some when they do! :D Cool news overall, cool to see the supporter base grown, and Pico Day still bringing out the craziest in animators, and... good stuff overall.

Also Congrats to the winners! Going to check out the ones I've missed...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Congrats to the winners!!

It's so long ago that I made something.. I hope I can come up with something for the jam!

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-15 08:38:37

At 5/14/17 04:01 PM, Wiesi wrote: It's so long ago that I made something.. I hope I can come up with something for the jam!

Hope so! If naught else you could always make a toast. ;)

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-15 08:40:10

At 5/13/17 04:16 PM, spazz0id wrote: I'm so embarrassed I'm looking forward trying to make a game for the first time but the theme is confusing, I'm thinking matching three games if that's the theme

There are lots of things you can do with a theme of three... Three playable characters with different abilities, three abilities for one character, three tasks to accomplish, etc. The more creative the better but you can be pretty loose with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-15 08:41:02

At 5/14/17 12:28 AM, foamymuffin wrote: Congrats to the winners, it was really fun working on that pico day piece. it was also cool seeing tom playing a my little pony fan game.

Woah you made that game? It's under an alt I guess?

BBS Signature

At 5/15/17 08:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: There are lots of things you can do with a theme of three... Three playable characters with different abilities, three abilities for one character, three tasks to accomplish, etc. The more creative the better but you can be pretty loose with it.

Thank you for the clarification Mr. @TomFulp

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-15 15:29:04

At 5/15/17 08:41 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/14/17 12:28 AM, foamymuffin wrote: Congrats to the winners, it was really fun working on that pico day piece. it was also cool seeing tom playing a my little pony fan game.

no i did not make that game lol. i guess you mistook the name my little pony as in i made it. if i did i'd be man enough to put it on my account

Response to Pico Day Winners & Construct 3 Jam 2017-05-15 15:36:14

At 5/15/17 03:29 PM, foamymuffin wrote:
At 5/15/17 08:41 AM, TomFulp wrote:
no i did not make that game lol. i guess you mistook the name my little pony as in i made it. if i did i'd be man enough to put it on my account

Oh doi yeah I misread that.

BBS Signature