00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds staff & rules

909 Views | 12 Replies

So, after publishing games on the site for the last 2 years Im thinking of leaving this place.

I know that cares to nobody but it's not the first time Newground staff behaves, not rude, but like giving a "ultimate warning" like Im some kind of kid or so.

Im talking about broken medals api (all of them my fault) and some rules about adult rating games not allowing medals.

The way several people contacted me about this, i mean Newgrounds staff, they aren't rude but you know, they made me feel like I want to leave this place that I loved so much. People is really nice with the crappy stuff I did over the past years, so Im doing this for me & for them.

So I just wanna know if Im just too sensitive or they are supposed to mark the rules like this in a cold way, Im doing stuff for your site for free, all Im asking is some kindness (not that I can say that about Tom that wrote once and was nice).

Sorry for all the people working here that It is nice.

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-03-22 18:00:41

I'm going to talk out of turn for a minute. Personally I think the rule about no medals for adult content is a little rich considering this community.

Are you saying mods are being unhelpful or just cold in their responses?

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-03-25 22:37:47

And the irony is there's still plenty of adult games and submissions (some are interactive movies) that have medals.

If anything, Newgrounds is really inconsistent. Rules are fine, but they should be consistent. If adult submissions aren't allowed to have medals, then they should remove all medals from all existing adult submissions, period. Not play favorites.

Also, as far as broken medals, I've seen games with very obvious broken medals never get addressed, and even to the point of moderators arguing with me about it and defending the broken medals rather than addressing the issue. And on the other hand I've seen medals that worked perfectly fine being removed, probably on the same moderator's whim.

It comes to the point where at least some of the medal moderators are biased and play favorites and leave in medals that somehow worked for them (even if they're broken for others) and remove medals that are perfectly good but simply perhaps were too hard for them to obtain. This will artificially inflate their own medal scores and site ranking, because it leaves in medals others cannot obtain regardless of skill, thus giving one unfair advantage, and at the same time removes perfectly legitimate, but hard, medals they somehow couldn't obtain due to lack of their own skill, thus penalizing legitimately good players.

And as for the adult submission issue, they just really need to be consistent. Either allow it or don't allow it. If not allowed, then don't play favorites, but remove medals from *ALL* adult submissions. There's adult submissions with medals which have been around for *YEARS*.

Also you probably would have had more luck if you posted this thread here http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/3

Might not be a bad idea to post there, and then provide a link to this thread from your post there.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-03-25 22:55:14

Probably not you. I can see some of the staff needing to take a PR/CR 101 class.

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-03-25 23:27:10

The staff are nice people so it's likely that a mod contacted you.

From my observations, some mods do let the power go to their heads which leads to them acting slightly pompous, and condescending. The mods are only a tiny part of the site though, please don't let it get to you. It's not worth it.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-03-26 19:47:19

At 3/22/17 05:05 PM, jupitron wrote: So, after publishing games on the site for the last 2 years Im thinking of leaving this place.

I know that cares to nobody but it's not the first time Newground staff behaves, not rude, but like giving a "ultimate warning" like Im some kind of kid or so.

Im talking about broken medals api (all of them my fault) and some rules about adult rating games not allowing medals.

The API moderators are volunteers from the community, vs official staff, although they still do represent the site since they are helping on behalf of it. If someone is being rude to you, you can forward me the PM and I can talk it over with them. I'm sure no one is meaning to chase anyone away, it can just wear on the people trying to help when there are so many things that need tending to around here.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-11-08 21:57:42

At 3/22/17 05:05 PM, jupitron wrote: So, after publishing games on the site for the last 2 years Im thinking of leaving this place.

The way several people contacted me about this, i mean Newgrounds staff, they aren't rude but you know, they made me feel like I want to leave this place that I loved so much. People is really nice with the crappy stuff I did over the past years, so Im doing this for me & for them.

So I just wanna know if Im just too sensitive or they are supposed to mark the rules like this in a cold way, Im doing stuff for your site for free, all Im asking is some kindness (not that I can say that about Tom that wrote once and was nice).

Sorry for all the people working here that It is nice.

Dude, don't let them get to you. If anything, their criticism is just a way to make your flash animations/ games better. Plough on, keep it going and don't let a few bad/ negative reactions get to you. Still enjoy your games but haven't played for a while haha. Don't give up. Learn from it, get better, you will excel eventually.

Good Luck sir, all the best, hope you are still going strong!

Marksman M

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-11-09 01:01:07

At 11/8/17 09:57 PM, MarksmanM wrote:
Dude, don't let them get to you. If anything, their criticism is just a way to make your flash animations/ games better. Plough on, keep it going and don't let a few bad/ negative reactions get to you. Still enjoy your games but haven't played for a while haha. Don't give up. Learn from it, get better, you will excel eventually.

Not to be rude, but I'm not sure if OP still really cares about this situation since it happened about 8 months ago. 0:

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-12-07 11:55:04

At 11/9/17 01:01 AM, Oddlem wrote:
At 11/8/17 09:57 PM, MarksmanM wrote:

Not to be rude, but I'm not sure if OP still really cares about this situation since it happened about 8 months ago. 0:

MarksmanM is an awesome person whose feedback has been a joy to read, I believe he knows that.

I do care and Im still making games but not coming here as I used to be. I wont upload my crappy stuff here anymore.

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-12-07 18:03:40

At 12/7/17 11:55 AM, jupitron wrote:
MarksmanM is an awesome person whose feedback has been a joy to read, I believe he knows that.

I do care and Im still making games but not coming here as I used to be. I wont upload my crappy stuff here anymore.

Ahh, well that's good then! Usually when people threaten to leave, they leave for good so I was certain you were already gone. ;w;

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-12-07 20:28:21

Welcome to newgrounds

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-12-13 17:55:11

So maybe I can make a brainless game full of medals as a comeback gift? Only doing it cause of your sincere welcome? lol
Members of this place is the only thing that keeps him alive.

Response to Newgrounds staff & rules 2017-12-14 10:37:47

At 12/13/17 05:55 PM, jupitron wrote: So maybe I can make a brainless game full of medals as a comeback gift? Only doing it cause of your sincere welcome? lol
Members of this place is the only thing that keeps him alive.

And do it full blown "there is no game" style, too, where the whole game is the medals. Have medals for things like turning off the game without saving and leaving the game idle for 15 minutes.

I guess that's more "achievement unlocked" style, but you get my point.

Less of a game, more of a protest of the shitty conditions that are stifling innovation.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature