00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Recent Game Purchases Thread

15,098 Views | 187 Replies

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2017-12-15 15:26:17

3d Echo The Dolphin
Legend of zelda :Ocarina of time 3d
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
The Binding of Isaac:rebirth
3d Classics :Kirby's Adventure
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong GB

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2017-12-28 18:52:29

Bought Final Fantasy XV heard there was a good deal going for the game

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2017-12-28 20:01:24

I bought Canabalt on Steam for a dollar something and Montaro which was only 90 cents

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-01-05 18:19:24

lol I can't stop buying things from the PSN holiday sale. I got Ruiner last week and then I got Broforce and Stories: the Path of Destinies (it was a dollar and 49 cents) a couple of days ago. And now I just got Furi and Hotline Miami 1 and 2. Looks like maybe I saved money on the Fallout 4 season pass, too, cuz I just happened to buy it during the sale (or maybe that was the regular price and it's just happening to go up soon for some reason).

Oh yeah, and I ordered Nex Machina from Limited Run Games. I really wanted their copy of Furi but screw it, I finally caved and got it digitally. But hey, I saved money by waiting until now and it came with a theme. Still it was a bummer because I set my alarm for the blowout sale and was waiting before it started but I didn't realize I was refreshing the wrong page. Mad of their shit sold out in like less than ten minutes.

I ain't even touching all these games. I'm hooked on Fallout 4.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-01-11 15:57:56

Nex Machina arrived. That was a lot quicker than Ys Origin. I like the box art. It came with a reward ticket thing to redeem for prizes. Idk why Ys didn't come with one.

lol I'm never gonna play all these games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-02-04 18:08:39

Not really a game purchase per say but I had restarted my gamefly membership on january 26th with a 2 game at a time plan.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-02-04 23:00:46

Finally caved and got an aim controller + Farpoint for the PSVR. I got a bunch of games in the january playstation sale too including Horizon, but haven't had a chance to try any of them yet.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-02-05 00:28:19

I just bought Final Fantasy XII ZODIAC AGE on Steam. I found a way to endlessly farm LP using broken gameplay mechanics within the first 5 hours. so when you get out of the prison and you have Basch in your party as a guest and your in the Estersand you have 4 people in your party and if your already well leveled and equipped you set your Gambit system to Attack Foe that leader chooses as the first and attack any nearby foe in sight, set the gameplay speed to fast then go into the game settings switch the speeds to X2 to X4 and then you just run around the map to enemies and the party kills them I had a system going of zoning out to refresh zones and I would make over 100+ LP every 5 minutes.

so broken I already have a quarter of the license board activated and I'm technically not even in the first 5 to 10 hours of the game.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-03-16 22:17:55

I just bought Pokemon Crystal for the 3DS. I also downloaded Yume Nikki, Pink Hour and Pink Heaven on Steam a while ago

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-03-17 13:02:11

I got my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call in the mail yesterday (a.k.a. Nocturne for you Americans).

I'm not expecting it to be quite as good as Persona 4, but I've heard positive comments about the game and the premise sounds interesting.

I do wish they had kept the American cover art, because the PAL front cover doesn't make the game look nearly as appealing.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Strange Journey

Great game, FF type with a futuristic demon research story.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-03-27 06:42:05

Dead Space 1 + 2 on Steam

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-04-04 06:11:08

Bought Pokémon Ultra sun from gamefly last week for about 31 dollars.

uhhhhh in the past few months i played:

subarashiki hibi/wonderful everyday (the only good visual novel. get it on steam and grab the content patch for 90% of the game. it's eroge, so that's off putting, but take it from someone who fucking hates generic anime, who was put off by its aesthetic and it having h-scenes. a buddy of mine and i grabbed it just for the sake of trying something totally out of our element, and it's unironically one of the best fucking things i've ever experienced.)

kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 (kh1 is the best game in the series and any other opinion is wrong)

american mcgee's alice

alice madness returns

shadow of the colossus (ps4)

ico

the last guardian (currently playing)

all of them have been good

At 3/17/18 01:02 PM, Auz wrote: I got my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call in the mail yesterday (a.k.a. Nocturne for you Americans).

good taste.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-10 15:55:55

Cave story on the 3ds

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-10 22:52:09

Mario paint

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-16 09:41:22

Recent 3DS purchases: Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Kirby's Blowout Blast, and 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure. I actually got those with an eShop card many weeks ago.

Now I'm on the urge to buying VVVVVV, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby's Star Stacker, Bye Bye BOXBOY!, Wario's Woods, and possibly DSiWare crap using another eShop card next week. And they're all on my trusty Nintendo 3DS.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-19 00:28:03

Pokemon pearl

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-19 04:52:23

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
kirby triple deluxe
Ocarina of time
New super Mario bros 2
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance
Mario kart 7

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-22 00:04:52

Gta vice city

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-05-28 15:21:10

Bought DirT Rally for just 12 dollars on steam

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-06-04 00:02:44

Wind waker

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-06-07 14:38:21

At 6/7/18 02:15 PM, Zymbot wrote: Fallout.
Planescape: Torment.

Good shit.

Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000.

There was a 7th gen (PS3 / 360) reboot of this that wasn't too bad & I keep meaning to go back to finish it. Iirc the aliens could run up walls, but most environments were so tight and they ran so fast that the screen looked like you were in a tumble dryer half the time. That one was short and half baked, but the Marine and Predator campaigns were better.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-07-31 14:29:11

GTA V on Steam.

It was less than $20 CDN so I bought it.

I already beat it on Xbox 360 years ago.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-01 12:31:02

I've been buying a lot of adventure games on GOG lately, both old and new. I just recently snagged Shardlight, which I've never played, but Wadjet Eye puts out a ton of excellent stuff, so I'm lookin forward to trying it out.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-14 16:58:38

Got the Multiverse Edition of Axiom Verge. Been wanting to play this game for a long time but just didn't seem like the kind of thing I'd want to play on PC, so when I saw this Switch edition going fairly cheap (for a physical 'collectors edition') I had to get it. It comes with the game (obviously), art book, sound track, a blu-ray (with interviews, making of, developer play-through etc.) and a small poster that has a map of the game world on the back.

I've only made it to the second boss of the game so far, but it's feeling like a solid Metroid-inspired game. Super Metroid is up there as one of my all time favourites, so had to at least give this a shot and so far it definitely seems like it's going to be worth it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-16 16:06:26

At 8/14/18 04:58 PM, Dean wrote: Got the Multiverse Edition of Axiom Verge. It comes with the game (obviously), art book, sound track, a blu-ray (with interviews, making of, developer play-through etc.) and a small poster that has a map of the game world on the back.

developer play-through

This is an interesting concept. I love artist commentaries and not enough games have them.

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-17 09:30:39

At 8/16/18 04:06 PM, Jackho wrote: This is an interesting concept. I love artist commentaries and not enough games have them.

Definitely plan on watching these at some point, although I'm probably going to wait until I beat the game before watching someone else play through it.

Had another Switch game arrive today, so slowly starting to build up a decent selection of games on it. Dead Cells is fantastic. Already sunk a few hours into it and it's feeling like a game that has a lot of replay value and is great for quick gaming sessions. If you haven't heard of it, it's sort of like Symphony of the Night mixed with Dark Souls mixed with randomness. They use the word "roguevania" on the back of the box and I'd say that's a good summary.

Basic idea is that as you play you switch between whatever random weapons you come across and every so often you get a chance to power up various aspects of your character. When you die, you go right back to the start of the game but some of the power ups are permanent, so you're starting the game again but with advantages that you never had on your last attempt.

I think I managed to beat the first boss on my 4th life, but the enemies on the next stage swiftly handed me my ass. Really enjoying this game.

Switch version even comes with a tiny art book.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-30 04:09:51

I got Deus Ex Human Revolution like, a month ago. I still need to play it.

I also got Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the Gameboy Advance again on the same day.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Recent Game Purchases Thread 2018-08-31 14:07:52

At 3/13/17 01:24 PM, Jackho wrote:

Recently played Overwhelm a nice indie anguish game on Steam. For a simple description it's a metroid like where ennemies earn power ups every time you beat a boss but you nothing,it's a game about pure skills obly whith a big amount of details to make you freak out and anguished.

Then Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z , a nice spin off to the main Ninja Gaiden series where you control a cyborg ninja against zombies in russia in a game filled with a lot of hit n miss humour. Yet very fun to play,an awesome art direction with cell shading graphics making it look like a comics,overall a good and short Hack n slash with an memorable art style.

Drink coffee.