00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm vegan

1,134 Views | 17 Replies

I'm vegan 2017-01-05 12:38:10

I could have made a news post about this, instead of like making a thread about it.

But no. I wanted to let everybody know, that I am a vegan.

You should be a vegan too.

Be a vegan.

(pic is my lunch)

I'm vegan

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-05 15:57:15

Congrats...?

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-05 16:37:46 (edited 2017-01-05 16:38:21)

Did you get your superpowers yet?

I'm vegan

BBS Signature

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-05 19:25:51

(Drowns in vegan cheese)

Just because I had a bad past here doesn’t mean that I am forever bad. A man can change.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-05 20:23:49

More steak for me then, thanks fam.

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-06 01:08:17

I mean I love veggies but I cant stick to em exclusively.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-06 01:10:11

At 1/6/17 01:08 AM, StatKing wrote: I mean I love veggies but I cant stick to em exclusively.

hahaha, I'm a vegetarian and I barely eat vegetables.

If you actually stick to this diet, eating stuff like what the OP posted will turn you into a scrawny fuck. You gotta eat a shit ton of protein. Me especially because I'm an athlete.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-06 17:38:19 (edited 2017-01-06 17:39:19)

I tried becoming vegetarian once, and I couldn't even do that. I admire your efforts, but I don't feel like vegan food is filling enough and that it's requires too much effort to keep up. :x
I'd recommend eating tons of hummus, almonds, and beans to make up for the lack of protein.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-06 22:52:16

Do want less than 250

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 01:02:15

At 1/7/17 12:59 AM, Sensationalism wrote: @mothballs you're veg? You're awesome!

Haha thanks, I thought I told you before. Of course I always have to keep my mouth shut about it or else I'll get hammered by insecure meat eaters.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 01:28:35

At 1/7/17 01:11 AM, Sensationalism wrote: You might have and I may have forgotten.
And omg yes! It blows my mind how meat-eaters are the ones who shove their beliefs yet they claim that vegans do that. I only even told people I was vegan if I would be dining with them and it kind of came out because it was obvious. It was the meat-eaters who gave ME shit.

It's all insecurity. When you bring it up, you make them feel bad about their own diet, so they try to turn it around on YOU and tell YOU that you're the one not doing the right thing. Then they gang up to feel a little better.

If they really believed they were doing the right thing, they wouldn't get so angry and annoyed by vegans.

I always like to screw with them by talking about eating cats or dogs (which I don't do), then you expose their hypocrisy - it's always a different story when it's a cat or a dog. I guess being domesticated means you can live, if you can't be domesticated you don't have the right to life. It's all selfishness and trying to justify what can't be justified.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 02:32:32

At 1/7/17 02:10 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Pigs are smarter than dogs, aren't they? I like to pick on the anti-abortion people "ALL life is sacred? Don't you eat meat?" lolzz.

I do the same thing. Pisses people off every time.

I feel like I eat healthier as a meat-eater because I eat pretty clean and I go for high protein, lower calories stuff. Lots of chicken, tilapia, cottage cheese, cashews, almonds, quinoa, etc. As a vegan I'd eat more pasta and carbs (whole grain but gluten bothers my IBS) It's funny though that while vegan my iron levels were high and while a meat-eater it was almost too low to donate blood.

I'm definitely healthier since I made the switch in my diet. I was always healthy and cut so I never needed to, but before when I ate meat I never actually focused on what I ate every day, I just ate whatever I wanted. When I switched to being a vegetarian I'm focused every single day on consuming enough nutrients, even reading labels and counting exactly how many grams of protein I eat every day.

I've pretty much always felt that eating meat is unnecessary and the only justification for doing it is because you like the taste. Even as a meat-eater I can't eat pork. Pigs are too smart. And I don't eat tiny things like shrimp, I prefer something bigger. Less lives sacrificed to feed more people is better imo.
I never cared very much for the taste of meat anyway so I'm just fine going without.

Cheese I miss but they do have good vegan cheeses and nutritional yeast is delicious.

It's a habit for most people. Most people can't imagine the idea of going without meat and I feel like plenty of people just don't have the discipline to go without it. I was always a pretty disciplined eater, not picky at all so it was easy for me. You just have to make sure you do it right (a.k.a. eat more than you normally would since soy doesn't fill you up as much, find the right substitutes etc).

My ideas of the morality of it have changed over the years but I'll stick with it because I'm superstitious. My life made a turn for the better when I switched, and I want to keep things as is.

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 12:01:35

At 1/7/17 01:02 AM, Jurornumber3 wrote: You think you're better than me?

yeah dude
being vegan automatically makes you a much better person than a non-vegan
it's like getting baptized

vegan diets are more healthy than regular diets, you get more nutrition

Just remember: always care about the environment and the animals in the world, but fuck human beings they suck, you can eat those

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 12:02:35

At 1/7/17 04:35 AM, Shauna wrote: From one vegan to another, don't bother expressing yourself here with that. The fallacious shit that will come out of everyones keyboard will have you entering a shit storm. Go visit a vegan community, but don't bring your values and ethics here, as you will find yourself soon regretting it.

Are you oppressing me, filthy meat eater?

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 12:33:07

At 1/6/17 05:38 PM, Oddlem wrote: I tried becoming vegetarian once, and I couldn't even do that. I admire your efforts, but I don't feel like vegan food is filling enough and that it's requires too much effort to keep up. :x
I'd recommend eating tons of hummus, almonds, and beans to make up for the lack of protein.

rice and potatoes are your friend

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-07 14:36:18 (edited 2017-01-07 14:37:57)

Just look at these funny chickens.

I'm vegan

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-16 02:22:59

Do you wear vegan shoes and clothes as well?

Response to I'm vegan 2017-01-16 03:31:25

Vegans are psychotic nutcases and vegan cheese is foul smelling trash

I'm vegan

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature