00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowTheHaxGod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who can do cartoon music here ?

1,086 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Because I have a brand new episode of Mr.Sneaks that is in need of some mickey mousing/music :)

It is one minute long, so not much work. This episode is dedicated to gaming world.

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 06:49:37

Almost forgot to add that I have a very sad Sonic parody (which should get loads of views), it has brilliant voice acting and sound design, but since the composer who promised to do the music has vanished, I need a new music guy/girl!

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 08:29:04

@SoundChris? You up for this one?

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 08:41:19

At 12/26/16 08:29 AM, Troisnyx wrote: @SoundChris? You up for this one?

As long as he doesnt charge :P this is voluntary position after all

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 08:44:21

At 12/26/16 08:41 AM, Ant0on wrote:

You ought to have made that clear in the beginning. And at least have the decency to revenue share.

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 08:53:53

At 12/26/16 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
You ought to have made that clear in the beginning. And at least have the decency to revenue share.

I guess youre right, its just that Ive been doing these collaboration projects for so long without any budget so I came to see it as normal lol And sure, if theres any profit out of it it will be of course shared.
Is there a way i can edit the OP?

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-26 08:57:00

At 12/26/16 08:53 AM, Ant0on wrote:
At 12/26/16 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
I guess youre right, its just that Ive been doing these collaboration projects for so long without any budget so I came to see it as normal lol And sure, if theres any profit out of it it will be of course shared.
Is there a way i can edit the OP?

If it is past 15 minutes, no. The best thing you can do now is lay down what you are looking for, how you are hoping to remunerate the musician's work, and when you are planning to release it.

Thanks for mentioning me. But meanwhile i only accept paid work - besides - of course - i am helping out friends / people that i do know well :)

BBS Signature

Response to Who can do cartoon music here ? 2016-12-28 21:31:31

It depends on what kind of scoring you're looking for, but I occasionally do stuff for people's projects/games. I will say that if you're going for orchestral, I don't have the best setup for that. I can of course try and get out some good sounds, though. I'll need a detailed overview of what you're looking for, as well as audio to go off of (and make sure everything syncs to your work).

If I'm not being paid up front, rev share is a must, and I'd like to be able to release the track separate, that way NG's crediting system can use the ID, and fans can download it. That's just my preference. If it's paid work, I still like to be able to release it, sort of like a secondary advertisement for whatever the work is -- "Like this music? It was featured in _____. Go check it out at <some random url>", although depending on who I'm working for, the rights may change to "this may not be used by anyone", etc. Creative Commons license is getting more common these days.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature