00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think?

433 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you think? 2016-12-17 18:41:21

*Ahem* Tell me what you think of this drawing thank you very much!

What do you think?

Wait a minute.

Response to What do you think? 2016-12-17 20:30:09

At 12/17/16 08:07 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: it looks flat
not to mention oddly simple
I think what it is: is that the lines are bad and un-precise most of all

Free hand drawing got the best of me

Wait a minute.

Response to What do you think? 2016-12-18 00:59:12 (edited 2016-12-18 01:00:30)

Just a followup to what bone said about lines, try to draw more with your wrist in a wide motion moving away from yourself, if that makes any sense. It'll make your lines look much more smooth/defined, and less "choppy."

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think? 2016-12-18 02:46:04

At 12/18/16 12:59 AM, Oddlem wrote: Just a followup to what bone said about lines, try to draw more with your wrist in a wide motion moving away from yourself, if that makes any sense. It'll make your lines look much more smooth/defined, and less "choppy."

T'anks for the advice

Wait a minute.

Response to What do you think? 2016-12-23 07:32:22

At 12/18/16 12:59 AM, Oddlem wrote: Just a followup to what bone said about lines, try to draw more with your wrist in a wide motion moving away from yourself, if that makes any sense. It'll make your lines look much more smooth/defined, and less "choppy."

Actually try to avoid drawing with your wrist. It's better to draw from the elbow and the shoulder depending on how long your line is. When you draw with your elbow or shoulder you're using less technical muscles and making much broader, larger and ultimately smoother motions which lead to smoother less choppy linework. Think of it like sort of a hierarchy of scale: super small details use the wrist to draw, medium to medium-large lines use your elbow and large lines use your shoulder keeping your elbow and wrist locked and just sort move gliding across the paper or canvas.
It's also better than your wrist because of potential for carpal tunnel and stuff like that.

Response to What do you think? 2016-12-24 00:57:45

Looks rudimentary, but that could just be because it's only line work. Your straight lines are good, but your shading is imprecise and other lines need more attention paid to them. Interesting style though.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature