00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

809118566 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anybody seen the new Top Gear?

561 Views | 11 Replies

Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-18 13:54:15

For those not in the loop, last season the BBC fired Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson, and his co-stars, Richard Hammond and James May quit the show with them. The old stars are going to make a new show on Amazon at some point, while the BBC franticly grasps at straws and throws new presenters into the mix.

I've been eager to see both of the new shows, and I got around to catching the new Top Gear's season opening last night. I liked it. It wasn't as funny as the old presenters were, but the new guys were clearly trying to take things slow and test the waters and be polite about everything, so after a few trips across Africa or whatever, they'll start to get just as snippy as the old presenters. But even with that, Matt Leblanc was a hoot and Sabine Schmitz made a top gun pilot throw up with her driving, so it was plenty entertaining.

What do you guys think? Where my NG Top Gear fans at?

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-18 15:21:32

At 6/18/16 02:36 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: why would anyone want to watch an hour long car commercial

Because that's not what it is.

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-18 15:45:30

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-18 17:59:44

At 6/18/16 02:36 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: why would anyone want to watch an hour long car commercial

Smashed this thread to hell bro

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-18 20:42:49

Right, because turning a van into a convertible in their garage and driving it through an animal safari is what commercials are like.

Well, enjoy your sad-as-fuck existence trolling threads. I'm going to go live a fulfilling life of cool cars, hot babes and kicking ass. With Matt Leblanc. Suck it losers.

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-19 03:09:31

I have indeed watches the new Top Gear, and I don't quite know what to make of it. I think it takes time to actually turn out great.

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-20 09:42:48

i've seen it, it's ok. i really wish the other 3 were able to play out a few more years, their version of the show is clearly superior.

i'm trying to give it a chance, but so far i'm not super interested.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-20 12:35:44

At 6/18/16 08:42 PM, AcetheSuperVillain wrote: Right, because turning a van into a convertible in their garage and driving it through an animal safari is what commercials are like.

Or trying to turn cars into boats. That was amusing.

British TV is pretty sweet.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-20 13:05:10

Never watched Top Gear, save an episode or two of the American version.

It bored me, and I like cars.

Don't hit me with the "British version is better" horseshit.

I don't care.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-20 13:08:02

Aw you got me excited for a new video game.

Anybody seen the new Top Gear?

BBS Signature

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-21 12:08:44

At 6/20/16 01:05 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Never watched Top Gear, save an episode or two of the American version.
It bored me, and I like cars.

depending on how early on in the series, the show may have sucked worse than it does currently. it still kinda sucks, and is definitely still recycled BBCTG, but the host chemistry has gotten a big better. for the first season it was like the hosts had never met each other, clumsy and forced.

Don't hit me with the "British version is better" horseshit.

it is

I don't care.

and you don't have to

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Anybody seen the new Top Gear? 2016-06-21 14:23:16

At 6/18/16 05:59 PM, RocketHorse wrote:
Smashed this thread to hell bro

I sure did RocketHorse

Thanks for the sig Homi even if you're a Homicidee

BBS Signature