00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Running List of Concerts

4,548 Views | 95 Replies

I'm curious to know what concerts my follow newgrounders have attended, and how the experience of said concerts went.

The first concert I ever attended as a teenager was The Maine, Boys Like Girls, Metro Station, and headliner Good Charlotte (6/10). I was a teenager, and the concert took place at an outdoor venue, that I've since attended many great concerts at. In high school I also attended a concert for the Rosewood Thieves (8/10).

As a college student, I saw:
The Black Keys with Artic Monkeys (10/10) El Camino Tour

Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller, Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolBoy Q and Chevy Woods (7.5/10) Under the Influence of Music Tour

Avenged Sevenfold with Ghost BC and Deftones (10/10) Hail to The King Tour

AWOLNATION (10/10)

Darius Rucker, A Thousand Horses, David Nail (6/10)

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Drake White (9/10)

Of Monsters and Men, Highasakite (10/10)

Speaking Suns, Netherfriends (10/10)

Brand New, Snoop Dogg, The Front Bottoms, Twenty One Pilots, Manchester Orchestra (10/10) Music Festival

Say Anything, The Front Bottoms, the So So Glos and You Blew It! (10/10)

After graduating college:
Fall Out Boy, AWOLNATION, PVRIS (8\10)

The Front Bottoms, Brick & Mortar, Diet Cig (10\10)

Upcoming Shows:
AWOLNATION, Death From Above
Blink-182, A Day To Remember and The All-American Rejects
Drake and Future - Summer Sixteen Tour

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-11 20:22:30

At 5/11/16 08:13 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Why would I go to a concert when I could just listen to music at home?

Why would you not go to a concert when you could go to a concert?

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 09:22:56

At 5/11/16 08:22 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: idk about rating or listing them numerically but here we go

Boredoms, Michael Gira
Mono, Jesu
Mono, Nasdaq
Dickies
Levellers
Slayer, Rob Zombie
etc
a bunch more when i was a teenager

You lost me until that last one. What kind of music are the first few and how were the concerts?

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 18:00:02

Oh my, that's a long list. I've never wanted to go to a concert before, so I've never attended one. However, Caravan Palace is going to be in town next month so I might be going to their show. You have to be 17 or older to go and I'm only 15, but my mom and I trying to find out if I can go with a parent. :/ If not we'll just catch their next show in another state.

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 18:14:27

At 5/11/16 08:13 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Why would I go to a concert when I could just listen to music at home?

So you can hear the screaming fans, venue acoustics and stage fright in the singer's voice.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 18:20:53

There were two live concerts, one after the other, of Feeder and Ellie Goulding in The Forum Hertfordshire, which, incidentally, was the local university's student union clubhouse. I stayed through all of Feeder's performance, but I took a rain-check halfway through Goulding's.

They were both on the same day, and they were for the University of Hertfordshire's summer ball in 2011(?), for which I had VIP attendance and a free ticket by virtue of me being part of the student union's media department.

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 18:32:52 (edited 2016-05-12 18:35:34)

At 5/11/16 08:06 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Avenged Sevenfold with Ghost BC and Deftones (10/10) Hail to The King Tour

Oh cool, which day did you see them? My father and I saw them in Vegas. Only stayed for Ghost and Deftones but they played fantastic sets.

I've also seen: (and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few)

Soundgarden back in July 2011, my first concert and also one of my best. The Mars Volta opened for them but they sounded like shit despite being a great band. They're suited for a small club sound; a big arena like the forum didn't do them justice.

Anthrax, also in 2011 I think. I saw them in the House of Blues at Downtown Disney (Anaheim), met the band, all cool guys especially Charlie Benante, Frank Bello, and Joey Belladonna. Still got the stuff they signed on my walls. I've seen em a few other times but I forget when exactly. One of the times was with Testament and Death Angel, good bands.

Iron Maiden, they played in Irvine two days in a row in 2012. Amazing how energetic those guys are despite their age.\

The rest, I dunno the order I saw them in:

Marilyn Manson, twice. He's gotten a lot better since he was a total mess and slurring his words on stage. The two times I saw 'em were pretty great. First time I saw them, Smashing Pumpkins headlined as well. Thankfully they played almost only old songs which was pretty great. Can't go wrong with Machina and before. Can go very wrong after that.

Slayer, two or three times (I think two). Needs no explanation. One of the times was with Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus (the former I like, the latter I don't). Another time was with Gojira (fucking awesome).

I saw Soundgarden one other time at the Wiltern and another time in Irvine. The Irvine show was headlined by them and Nine Inch Nails. Both did fantastic.

I also saw NIN once on a tour they headlined alone (with explosions in the sky as a guest). Insane stage performance-- really rad lighting effects. Amazing set, played mostly the Fragile.

Saw DRI in this small venue in Orange County called the Observatory, they had almost a mini festival going on there. Tons of local bands, I started to wonder if I was even at a DRI show since it took them hours to even show up.

Saw Ghost at the same place, and again at the warfield, one of the best live bands around.

Saw the Afghan Whigs. Great live but shitty setlists.

Saw At the Drive-In at the Observatory, Le Butcherettes opened for them. That concert was pretty much a dream come true, never thought I'd see an ATDI reunion.

Saw Mastodon, Gojira opened for them along with some band called Kvelertak or something which I'm not a fan of. Gojira's rad, though.

Saw Deftones in Irvine with Incubus, though I left when Incubus came on. Deftones had an amazing set.

There was this Oingo Boingo cover band I saw called Dead Man's Party at some fair in Santa Ana. Paid $2 and they sounded literally identical to the studio albums. Best $2 ever spent.

My friend and I saw this shitty band called Against Me!, worst concert I've been to.

Converge and At the Gates along with two other bands I don't care about. Pallbearer and Vallenfyre, I think. But I only went for Converge. Converge did fucking awesome. At the Gates was solid too but fucking CONVERGE.

System of a Down. Also a dream come true, one of my favorite bands since, well, I could listen to music. Got lucky enough to catch them the last time they came around LA. Amazing show.

Faith No More, who are fucking fantastic live and have a hilarious stage appearance. Dressing up in all white with Duff from Guns N Roses in a gimp suit. Can't really top that.

Lastly and probably the best concert I ever went to: My family and I were in London last year for Winter. We were in the right time and the right place, and wound up with tickets for the Cure. They played 30 something songs, including the entirety of the Top. Seats could've been better but I was happy just to be there.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'm pretty sure I'm missing some but that's a good enough list I suppose. Seeing Deftones again soon as well as the Cure again. Would love to see Converge again, Radiohead, and the Dillinger Escape Plan. Rammstein would be nice, too. Thankfully I've been fortunate enough to have a father into (mostly) the same music as me, so we go to concerts fairly often.

Simply put, you don't get it.
It's a different environment, it's more personal. Sure, a concert for some DJ doesn't mean shit, but as a musician it certainly means something when an actual band is performing. Not just hitting space on their laptop.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 20:23:17

Everything.

Sammy Hagar (I didn't even want to go to this..)
Alice Cooper/Marilyn Manson
American Sharks/The Sword/Clutch
Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper/Motley Crue
Ghost/King Dude
American Sharks/Big Business/Red Fang
Skeletonwitch/Sabaton/Amon Amarth
Red Fang/In Flames/Opeth
Bongripper/Disrotted/Pharaoh
Sleep/Bongripper

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 23:32:47

At 5/12/16 09:33 PM, Bryan wrote: Still going to Fall Out Boy concerts after graduating from college should not be a stamp of pride.

I didn't go for FOB, I went for AWOLNATION (which, as you can see, compliments my list more than once). Also, just because you don't like their music doesn't mean that other people should be ashamed for liking it.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-05-12 23:36:50

At 5/12/16 06:32 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 5/11/16 08:06 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Avenged Sevenfold with Ghost BC and Deftones (10/10) Hail to The King Tour
Oh cool, which day did you see them? My father and I saw them in Vegas. Only stayed for Ghost and Deftones but they played fantastic sets.

It was a cool summer night at one of the indoor venues. I loved the set up for the tour though. The flames, the throne, and the huge beasts that sat on the stage were awesome. This concert was also the first time I ever heard Ghost and I was so entranced by their performance.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-11 22:52:34

Saw Blink-182 last night and it was beautiful. They performed a majority of their old music, at least three songs from their new album, and even the Blowjob song.

Travis Barker is an incredible drummer.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-11 23:57:19

I never went to any concert at all.
I could have went to see Lamb of God once but I spent the money on weed.

Besides, I don't think I belong in that scene.

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 00:04:23 (edited 2016-08-12 00:05:19)

Personally, I'm not very fond of concerts. It's too loud and there's too many people which are two things that make me really uncomfortable.
I have gone to one once though when I was twelve, because my friend, her sister, her mom, and one other friend were going. If I recall, I'm pretty certain it was Weird Al.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 00:08:39

At 8/11/16 11:57 PM, MuramasasEdge wrote: I never went to any concert at all.
I could have went to see Lamb of God once but I spent the money on weed.

Besides, I don't think I belong in that scene.

In which "scene" are you speaking of?

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 00:15:57

At 5/11/16 08:06 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Of Monsters and Men

Jealous tbh.

Upcoming Shows:
AWOLNATION, Death From Above
Blink-182, A Day To Remember and The All-American Rejects

Word almost all these guys just came to Buffalo for the Kerfuffle festival but I didn't go.

I've only been to like two concerts.

Paramore and FOB together

Rise Against and their side acts.

Wew

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 00:16:10

i haven't been to any in a while, last i went to was probably a warped tour a looong time ago. around that time, i was also following and friends with a few garage bands, would just go see them perform somewhere, usually.

concerts aren't really my thing, too many people, too often an urge to punch someone in the eye.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 00:38:11

At 8/12/16 12:08 AM, Kayleeee wrote:

In which "scene" are you speaking of?

The concert scene.
I don't think it's for me.
Besides, to go to a concert I'd have to drive at least five to seven hours just to see my favorite bands.

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 01:02:36

At 8/12/16 12:38 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote:
At 8/12/16 12:08 AM, Kayleeee wrote: In which "scene" are you speaking of?
The concert scene.
I don't think it's for me.
Besides, to go to a concert I'd have to drive at least five to seven hours just to see my favorite bands.

That's why I hardly ever go to any. All the bands I'd want to see only play in Chicago or are otherwise wildly out of my way to the point where I'd have to ask for the next day off from work due to the fact that I'd be getting home so stupidly late. The last concert I went to was to see (at the time) The Atomic Bitchwax, Karma to Burn, and The Obsessed (The Atomic Bitchwax had to drop out due to a member breaking their arm and they got replaced by a band called Sierra. But anyways!) and that was seriously an over 2 hour drive away from me. I had to leave part way into the last band's set even though they were probably THE reason I wanted to go because if I left at the end I wouldn't have gotten home til like 2 am. Now that isn't as severe as like 5-7 hours but that's still pretty damn far away for me.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 01:05:08

ween
venetian snares
Autechre

i dont have hearing loss, thats a scam caused by magnesium defienncy and carbon monoxide exposure

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 08:38:03

At 8/12/16 12:15 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
At 5/11/16 08:06 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Of Monsters and Men
Jealous tbh.

They were beautiful live, and it was an outdoor concert in the evening. There were bats flying all around the venue. It was amazing.

At 8/12/16 08:08 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Lucky you going to see AWOLNATION live.

The lead singer gets so hyped. It's great.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 09:44:43

I'm seeing the Dillinger Escape Plan. Sad that they're releasing their final album, stoked as fuck to see them in a few days.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-12 11:25:57

The Machine Shop in Flint, MI is about 40 minutes from me. Seen loads of Hard Rock/Metal acts there. Personal favorite is the shows that Nekrogoblikon put on. They're always loads of fun and pretty comfy to hang with after the show.

I accidentally made plans for a camping trip around the time Korn and Rob Zombie are due to come to MI. Guess i'll have to wait till Korn poops out another album to catch them live.

Aside from that, Blind Guardian is coming to a little bar in town which blows me away. I'm so fucking stoked to see them live. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-13 01:10:15

Boris - The Magic Stick, Detroit MI
Tame Impala - Royal Oak Music Theater, Royal Oak MI
Marilyn Manson - The Fillmore, Detroit MI
Death Grips - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit MI
Swans - St. Andrews Hall, Detroit MI

I also have Alice Cooper at Caesar's Windsor coming up in Windsor, Ontario.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-13 01:12:56 (edited 2016-08-13 01:13:47)

At 8/12/16 07:38 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: None
I want to see tame impala concert realllllly bad though

I would highly recommend it, they're very good live.

*Don't know why the image is uploading upside down, but it shouldn't be

Running List of Concerts

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-16 13:26:52

Saw Drake, Future, Roy Wood$, DVSN, and fucking LEBRON JAMES on Saturday at the Drake concert.

It was seriously one of the most amazing concerts I had ever been to. Drake performed for OVER three hours. I was exhausted. He was still ready to go. He took a crane out over the audience. He sounded amazing. He looked amazing. IT WAS AMAZING.

As of right now, the next concerts I've got tickets to will be October 20th for Brand New, The Front Bottoms, and Modern Baseball. I'm assuming I may go to at least a couple of shows between now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-16 15:12:15

uh, saw tiesto in april, gonna see sabbath in november, gonna see kanye in september i think, saw amon amarth a couple years ago, uh, other stuff too probably

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-16 16:04:28 (edited 2016-08-16 16:06:07)

Clutch (x4)
Marilyn Manson (x2)
Primus (x5)
Buckethead
Fugazi(x3)
Helmet
Fantomas(x2)
Tomahawk(x2)
Faith No More
The Goats
Mr Bungle(x2)
Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth
Metallica
Barren Cross
Alice In Chains
Patton vs Rahzel
Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Melvins
Secret Chiefs 3
Monster Magnet
Beastie Boys
Guru's Jazmatazz
Gravediggaz
Old Dirty Bastard
Method Man
Raekwon
The Roots
Revolting Cocks
Lovage
Beck
White Zombie
Puscifer

I've been to a few shows.

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-16 17:30:11 (edited 2016-08-16 17:32:01)

None because I'm an anti social introvert that jerks off too much and most often listens to music alone while falling asleep

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-17 12:21:05

I've never been to one.

At 8/16/16 01:26 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
It was seriously one of the most amazing concerts I had ever been to. Drake performed for OVER three hours. I was exhausted. He was still ready to go. He took a crane out over the audience. He sounded amazing. He looked amazing. IT WAS AMAZING.

You lucky fucker.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Running List of Concerts 2016-08-17 12:59:06

At 8/17/16 12:21 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
At 8/16/16 01:26 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
You lucky fucker.

It was AMAZING!

BBS Signature