00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hello Newgrounds :)

8,987 Views | 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-20 11:06:18

At 8/19/16 04:42 PM, jorgeandre42 wrote: Hey, Hugo, your style is amazing, man! Reminds me something of Patrick Brown and Blitz Cadet, you know them? If I could point out just one thing, I'd say you should try draw girls a little bit less sexualized. It's your own style, and that's alright, but, don't take me wrong, it looks like you only draw them in one pose, just to show their butts. You can make them hot without appealing so much, you know? Check out the artists I told you for examples.

And keep the good work, I loved the movement in your lines. :)

Thank you, and thank you for the comment. I definitely don't plan to go overboard with sexualization. I prefer sexy and fun more. So it's always good to hear how you guys react on my art and to see where I am with it.

Yeah, I know about them both. They are really good artists. Patrick Brown excels in dynamics and energy, but I prefer Blitz Cadet more. I like that he brings more cartooniness and variety to his art. His monsters are equally good as his girls, or robots, machinery, backgrounds. Learned a lot from them both, and still learning :)

But, what I found out is the best is to find out art and artists that influenced your favorite artists, and study them also. That way you will not jump over generations of great artists. I'm not saying that to disrespect contemporary artists, I've heard lots of great ones saying exactly that. So I'm doing that too :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-21 12:25:32

But, what I found out is the best is to find out art and artists that influenced your favorite artists, and study them also. That way you will not jump over generations of great artists. I'm not saying that to disrespect contemporary artists, I've heard lots of great ones saying exactly that. So I'm doing that too :)

That's great, man! The same way I do with bands I like, I try to search and hear what influenced them so I can notice the process of learning. Glad to see that you understand my point. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-22 18:37:01

At 8/21/16 12:25 PM, jorgeandre42 wrote:
That's great, man! The same way I do with bands I like, I try to search and hear what influenced them so I can notice the process of learning. Glad to see that you understand my point. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Thanks. Yeah, I discovered so many awesome artists that way. I guess that in music is a little harder to dig out something with all the media and format changing over the years. What kind of music are you making? I'm awful at it, but love listening to it :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-27 18:09:19

Any more fans of sythwave here? I got hooked up on that, again :) Haven't listen that for a while, a lot of good stuff was released in this year only, so I have to catch up. And to draw some 80s girls :)

Still have to play more with the effects and some details before I post this in the Portal. And to make 4:3 aspect ratio. You can't mess with the past :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-28 12:50:13

At 8/27/16 08:50 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
At 8/27/16 06:09 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Any more fans of sythwave here? I got hooked up on that, again :) Haven't listen that for a while, a lot of good stuff was released in this year only, so I have to catch up. And to draw some 80s girls :)

Still have to play more with the effects and some details before I post this in the Portal. And to make 4:3 aspect ratio. You can't mess with the past :)
HUGOOO. ITs good to have you back! hey how do you do that color/texture? basically i am asking, how'd you make that old tv screen effect? If you don't have time to answer its cool. Anyways, catch you later man.

I never left, just been busy :) Need to update this thread more often, though.

I can explain how, but I'm still playing around. You can watch some tutorials on YouTube for that. There are many and you can pick up something. I did this in Manga Studio, but if you have Photoshop you can use more photo manipulation for better results. I just like MS more and want to see if it can get similar effect with it.

I used a small paper texture on top on Overlay and Multiply. Made it big and pixeleted, . Added white bars with gaussian blur effect. Same with the some white lines that follow cuts in the image. And you can play with the opacity and blending modes of the lines and the bars to get the effect.

Hope you can make something out of this. There's more tricks like that, I just learned these ones :)

And here's one more 80s girl :) Does anybody remember Saved by the Bell? I'm learning some 80s hairstyles and outfits, not making the character portrait, BTW. That's all research for a greater cause :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-08-29 11:56:07

Warm up and practice sketches form this morning. Adding more dynamic poses and angles to my characters. I added a little of gradient so they can look presentable :)

Yes, she shoots knifes :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-01 19:57:18

I will start streaming more often now that I have more time for that. At least once a week on Picarto

Here's some of the sketches I want to finish tomorrow on stream. I want to make more interaction with all interested, so you can suggest what image would you like to see finished on stream. Either here or on Twitter

Theme for the stream will be 80s, as you can see :) I still don't know what time exactly, but I will post update before I start streaming.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-02 09:01:24

At 9/1/16 09:24 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
At 9/1/16 07:57 PM, HugoTendaz wrote:
Oh boy I can't wait. I will be on my best behavior for such an occasion.

Thanks man. I have so much drafts and unfinished pinups. Can't figure out what to finish first :) Need to dig out the Psylocke drawing I've made before and finish that one too :)

I'll finish this one on stream today. It's not a full body, but it's good for warming up for more streams :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-03 18:25:10 (edited 2016-09-03 18:32:05)

Doodles from today I think are funny enough to be shared: Off-model-He-man :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-03 18:27:07

dude thats he's sister

sup ppls

BBS Signature

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-03 18:28:52 (edited 2016-09-03 18:32:44)

At 9/3/16 06:27 PM, mrblack1986 wrote: dude thats he's sister

Really? Can't remember. I guess I shouldn't merge the images... will fix that. Thanks for this.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-03 18:42:15

And Off-model-She-ra.

Damn, they do look weird in the same image. Did it to save space and not to double post, but damn, I need to refresh my knowledge of some cartoons, to avoid stuff like this :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-04 17:46:27

At 9/3/16 06:42 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: And Off-model-She-ra.

Damn, they do look weird in the same image. Did it to save space and not to double post, but damn, I need to refresh my knowledge of some cartoons, to avoid stuff like this :)

This is still a fantastic She-Ra.

I'm Del Rio

I like to draw comics and stuff

My Art Thread

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-09 11:23:58

Thanks @DiggidyDelRio . Now I actually want to make something He-man related :)

_________
Some sketches in profile view.

I don't usually draw head in this position, because it can look flat when it's connected to the body in the full image. But it's a good and fast way to figure out how your character looks like. And also it's a good practice with different hairstyles :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-11 16:46:36

Thank you @jericawinters. Everything is in the volume and shapes, inking can vary. I just like better when the lines are thicker :)

_______
Here's a little sketch of a mermaid in peril. I want to add more action and a story to my pinups, this seems like a good way to do it. And draw another mermaid :) And to have fun with the usual hero characteristics.

Maybe this drawing is suitable for Twitch. What do you boys and girls think? I know they have some policy for sexy drawings, but want to try to stream there also.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-18 17:32:43

Going back decade after a decade. After some girls from 90s, 80s and 70s I'm back in 60s with the Batgirl :) Here's the WIP of her.

Man, can't get enough of 1966 Batman. One thing I noticed - They really loved to use purple in the designs. So many characters have that color. Wanted to finish this in time for Batman Day, but couldn't make it in time. At least now I will have a chance to add the background.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-09-22 15:31:34

I decided to make myself a robotic wife, so my parents can stop questioning when will I marry and start my own family. And she can also help me around the house, support me on my art journey and at nights we will listen to Miles Davis in front of the fireplace, after she chops some firewood with her laser eyes :)

It's still rough concept, but I want to share the start of it and add the updates along the way. I love to draw cartoony. Mostly in between pin ups, to refresh and take time to figure out how and what should I draw. Maybe I should upload more of those cartoony drawings.

I just wish there are more time in a day or at least some workable cloning procedure that would allow me to finish all the things and projects I have in mind :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-11-29 18:24:18

I've been neglecting this thread for a while now. Part for the Inktobe, because I didn't want to double up the images here and in the main thread for that. I haven't manage to finish the Inktober, only couple of days left. But it was useful. Part because I was busy.

Anyway, I will try to get this thread going on again and post some sketches and some things I've been working on since the last time I post here.

Here are studies of Marilyn Monroe, in cartoony style I manage to develop in Inktober.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-03 06:58:48

Can't sleep, so I worked some more on my comic while listening Machine Head. And this happen :) I love this band, so as this character.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-11 17:22:05

Back to streaming after a while and I decided to do another screenshot redraw. Last one was so fun to do, so I continue in the same manner, now with Tinker Bell and the keyhole scene from Peter Pan. The famous booty shot :)

Here's some of the progress from the stream. I will continue drawing this and try to stream it also.

I've made a time lapse for the sketch part, you can watch that on YouTube. Don't know should I upload that here in the movie portal, maybe next one.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-13 01:39:40

At 12/11/16 05:22 PM, HugoTendaz wrote: Back to streaming after a while and I decided to do another screenshot redraw. Last one was so fun to do, so I continue in the same manner, now with Tinker Bell and the keyhole scene from Peter Pan. The famous booty shot :)

So, what's your twitch handle?

I'm Del Rio

My Art Thread

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-13 08:06:29

@DiggidyDelRio I have a profile on Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/hugotendaz, but I haven't stream there yet. I'll try it with some decent drawings in the next few days. Until then you can find me on Picarto - picarto.tv/HugoTendaz, I'm probably gonna continue on Tinker Bell later today.

Here's the progress do far on that screenshot redraw from yesterday's stream.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-14 09:48:10

Some off-model superheroes in between drawing girls. I made Daredevil also, but I'm gonna polish that one and post it in the portal, because I like how silly and corny it is.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-22 18:03:10

Thanks @dilandoubishop

Since it's Holiday season, I'm gonna do couple of pin ups about that. This is the part of one idea for drawing that I plan to make little interactive. Prepare your rectangle marquee tools :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-23 09:03:18

And another WIP drawing inspired inspired by the Holidays. Man, I'm on a Batman roll these past few weeks :) I haven't drawn him this much since I was a little kid. And it feels good.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-23 22:33:38

At 12/23/16 09:03 AM, HugoTendaz wrote: And another WIP drawing inspired inspired by the Holidays. Man, I'm on a Batman roll these past few weeks :) I haven't drawn him this much since I was a little kid. And it feels good.

that's absolutely amazing.

I would use that for a Christmas card.

I'm Del Rio

My Art Thread

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2016-12-31 16:55:49

@DiggidyDelRio Thanks. I couldn't finish that drawing before the New Year, but I'll finish it next week. I didn't have time to do that because of the client work and parties. Busy month for both :)

Hope you all are ready like Harley for tonight's parties. Happy New year to all of you who are already in 2017.

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2017-01-03 02:06:57

Ohm, I know your very nice art from deviantart, it's great find you here :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2017-01-04 11:52:39

Thank you @SergeiBSG . Glad you find me here also. When I upload new stuff, I usually do it first here on NG.

Hope you all are sober up from New Year's parties and ready to make more stuff in 2017. I did a lot of studies, doodles, rough sketches these days. Just to get better in things I want to improve. These two are from today, Matches Malone and Harleen Quinzel. They are better known by different names, can you guess who they are? Although, Harleen is not that hard to guess :)

Response to Hello Newgrounds :) 2017-01-05 13:12:43

Rough concept for supervillain. This year I want to concentrate more on comics. Perspective is the most important, at least technical, thing. Plus it's so hard to do :) Anatomy, rendering and all other aspects that you need to have in drawing are ruled by perspective.

That's why I think it's a good idea for comic book supervillain, that I want to use in the future. Even if she's cruel it doesn't mean I can't make her curvy and sexy at the same time :)