00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I have a few questions..

3,893 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 13:38:32

At 3/2/16 04:48 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Oh this requires computer work...

Yep. Any serious music production does, really.

Well, I don't have Audacity nor can I get my computer working long enough to actually utilize it. My d key is starting to loosen up and everything.

Audacity is free, and doesn't really require the d key to function.

Where is the DAW in FL Studio? Keep in mind I have the mobile version :P

FL Studio is the DAW (which is an abbreviation for Digital Audio Workstation).

I try to import files but the only files that display are the WAV files that I made within the program and preset WAV files that came with it. I have a few WAV files that do not come up and therefore cannot use. It's a little frustrating.

Maybe try moving the ones that don't come up to the same folder as some that do come up?

I don't think I'll be using vocals unless I record myself.

I think that's probably a good idea at your level of production - when vocals are the main part of a piece, artists can *sometimes* slack a little on making the instrumentation interesting.
That's what I've determined from listening to other people's songs with vocals, anyway.

And I am aware that it needs to sound different. And I kind of have ideas for remixes, and I could attempt to do it completely from scratch but then again some artists use different software and do not contain the same instruments as FL Studio.

Different instruments doesn't mean you can't replicate the sound. It all works pretty much the same way in the end.
(Unless you have literally no effects.)

Thanks for the help, and if you know how to import files I'd like to know. Cuz this no fun lol

Sometimes it's better to make stuff from scratch ;)

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 14:27:45

At 3/3/16 01:38 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 3/2/16 04:48 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Oh this requires computer work...
Yep. Any serious music production does, really.
Well, I don't have Audacity nor can I get my computer working long enough to actually utilize it. My d key is starting to loosen up and everything.
Audacity is free, and doesn't really require the d key to function.
Where is the DAW in FL Studio? Keep in mind I have the mobile version :P
FL Studio is the DAW (which is an abbreviation for Digital Audio Workstation).
I try to import files but the only files that display are the WAV files that I made within the program and preset WAV files that came with it. I have a few WAV files that do not come up and therefore cannot use. It's a little frustrating.
Maybe try moving the ones that don't come up to the same folder as some that do come up?

It's too confusing to do what you just did so I'll just reply accordingly.

Does it require a fast computer? Because mine is slow af

And I seriously didn't think of moving the files that makes perfect sense now. I'll try it.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 14:37:01

Oh wait nvm I moved it to the same folder and it's not coming up. No matter what I try I can't import anything. Why is it so impossible? Can't it be like the PC version where you just click something?

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 14:45:27

At 3/3/16 02:27 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Does it require a fast computer? Because mine is slow af

My computer has a 1.33 GHz processor. How bad is yours?

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 14:48:49

At 3/3/16 02:45 PM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 3/3/16 02:27 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Does it require a fast computer? Because mine is slow af
My computer has a 1.33 GHz processor. How bad is yours?

I can't remember, it just runs slow. That's why I just try to do it on mobile.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 16:12:11

Hi there,

At 2/19/16 12:46 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: 1. How do I remix on there? Like if I wanted to remix Cycles by DJVI how would I be able to do that?

Depends on how you define the word 'remix'. It's generally frowned upon to use samples from the original source here, but if you recreate it from scratch (as stated before), it's fine. Right now, your question is a bit too broad for us to answer it properly, though.

2. How do I convert FTL files to .mp3 on mobile? Newgrounds only takes .mp3 files and that kind if file isn't available for export in the software.

As stated above, use pc software if you're serious about mixing music. Reaper is a cheap (and lightweight!) alternative to a lot of other major DAW's. That said, it does require some basic understanding of music production in general to make it do what you want.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-03 16:23:17

At 3/3/16 04:12 PM, EagleGuard wrote: Hi there,
Depends on how you define the word 'remix'. It's generally frowned upon to use samples from the original source here, but if you recreate it from scratch (as stated before), it's fine. Right now, your question is a bit too broad for us to answer it properly, though.

Yeah I know, you can't use a lick of anything here.
I'll consider Reaper, and I have a basic understanding

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 12:02:02

At 3/12/16 05:13 AM, JosephTullis wrote:
At 2/19/16 09:42 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: I'm making music because I want to first of all. I want to be like F-777 or somebody. So I dont even get that question. Second, I know I was given advice and I appreciate it. But I didn't know you had to completely make it yourself. I thought you uploaded the file and then remix it not try and analyze the beat used. Also, I never said I would "rip straight from the author" I know what a remix is I wouldn't do that kind of stuff.
Not only did your comment not answer my question but it was pretty mean. Next time don't accuse me of wanting to be "unoriginal" or you can just not reply. Simple.
You're not gonna be like F-777 by making cheap remixes, dude. If you want to grow musically you have to start from scratch. Use the synths in Fl Studio and really experiment with them. Hell, even using the default samples and making a shitty track to start with is much better than ripping off someone else's song.

Dear Lord you're freaking worse than Tacticat even though he was trolling.
1. I never said I was as good as F-777. Hell, I'm not even as good as dj-nate. And since I use the mobile version there's not much to work with, it's hard for me to produce something I'm a bit happy with.
2. Did I say I was going to be F-777 by making "cheap remixes"? Lol no, I just had a dream in mind to produce music as fast and good as him.
3. I don't even know how to remix anyways.
4. For the last time I never said I was going to just completely rip stuff. I'm not that kind of person. I can't rip stuff anyways because I can't import the file.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 12:11:48

At 3/12/16 12:02 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 3/12/16 05:13 AM, JosephTullis wrote:
At 2/19/16 09:42 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: I'm making music because I want to first of all. I want to be like F-777 or somebody. So I dont even get that question. Second, I know I was given advice and I appreciate it. But I didn't know you had to completely make it yourself. I thought you uploaded the file and then remix it not try and analyze the beat used. Also, I never said I would "rip straight from the author" I know what a remix is I wouldn't do that kind of stuff.
Not only did your comment not answer my question but it was pretty mean. Next time don't accuse me of wanting to be "unoriginal" or you can just not reply. Simple.
You're not gonna be like F-777 by making cheap remixes, dude. If you want to grow musically you have to start from scratch. Use the synths in Fl Studio and really experiment with them. Hell, even using the default samples and making a shitty track to start with is much better than ripping off someone else's song.
Dear Lord you're freaking worse than Tacticat even though he was trolling.
1. I never said I was as good as F-777. Hell, I'm not even as good as dj-nate. And since I use the mobile version there's not much to work with, it's hard for me to produce something I'm a bit happy with.
2. Did I say I was going to be F-777 by making "cheap remixes"? Lol no, I just had a dream in mind to produce music as fast and good as him.
3. I don't even know how to remix anyways.
4. For the last time I never said I was going to just completely rip stuff. I'm not that kind of person. I can't rip stuff anyways because I can't import the file.

What everyone's trying to say is this:

1) No one was saying you were putting yourself to the level of F-777.
2) You don't get to F-777 by producing music "fast." There is a slow road, and unless you learn what makes music sound good, you wouldn't be able to use ANY digital audio workstation, FL or otherwise.
3) Which is why the best thing to do is start by making a piece of your own, even if it is a short loop, even if it doesn't sound particularly good.
4) See number 3.

I mean, the road to becoming a half decent musician is arduous, long and painful. It's going to involve people giving criticism, and a lot of it. It can be sugar-coated, it can be outright bitter, but it is painful. It will feature hours, days, weeks, months, years of practice. And ultimately, you can't be F-777 -- but you can most certainly be you, just like Waterflame cannot be F-777, but can only be himself. The kind of music you produce will be your own, and you will develop your own signature sound as you go along. If you're willing to embark on this journey, then give it a start and at least read between the lines about what people are trying to say.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 13:32:24

What everyone's trying to say is this:

1) No one was saying you were putting yourself to the level of F-777.
2) You don't get to F-777 by producing music "fast." There is a slow road, and unless you learn what makes music sound good, you wouldn't be able to use ANY digital audio workstation, FL or otherwise.
3) Which is why the best thing to do is start by making a piece of your own, even if it is a short loop, even if it doesn't sound particularly good.
4) See number 3.

I mean, the road to becoming a half decent musician is arduous, long and painful. It's going to involve people giving criticism, and a lot of it. It can be sugar-coated, it can be outright bitter, but it is painful. It will feature hours, days, weeks, months, years of practice. And ultimately, you can't be F-777 -- but you can most certainly be you, just like Waterflame cannot be F-777, but can only be himself.

Lol I never said I wanted to be exactly like him.
And I have produced 4 tracks on here, and someday I want to get the PC version so I can get ultimately better. Rn I'm stuck with this version.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 14:58:38

At 3/12/16 01:32 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Lol I never said I wanted to be exactly like him.
And I have produced 4 tracks on here, and someday I want to get the PC version so I can get ultimately better. Rn I'm stuck with this version.

Well hang on a second----

What IS your PC's processor and stats? Because, even with something as little as Intel Atom, you could make a song with the PC version. Yes, you'd be tearing your hair out (because believe me, I have been there), but let people here know just what kind of PC you have. Just how is it crap? Because a number of us here have run FL or any other DAW from the most broken laptops possible.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 23:01:57

What IS your PC's processor and stats? Because, even with something as little as Intel Atom, you could make a song with the PC version. Yes, you'd be tearing your hair out (because believe me, I have been there), but let people here know just what kind of PC you have. Just how is it crap? Because a number of us here have run FL or any other DAW from the most broken laptops possible.

Even if it isn't the best PC I don't have money to buy it.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-12 23:04:53

Troisnyx is right, if you didn't tell us the specs of your PC then we cannot help you much. Download Speccy onto your PC, install and run it, copy the specs or screenshot and post them here.

If you have trouble running the program, feel free to PM me or any tech head around here (Lich & BrokenDeck) and they'll gladly help you.

Do I have to list everything or do I just tell you certain parts?

Also may I say it's rather annoying I have to remove text in order to post a forum reply...

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-13 01:40:33

At 3/13/16 12:02 AM, Tacticat wrote:
At 3/12/16 11:04 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
Everything. Just screenshot it and post the pic here.

You could manually copy it if you want.

Stuff we need: Operating system (especially version and architecture), CPU, RAM, Soundcard, VGA/Graphic, HDD and its space.

I'll see if I have time tomorrow. 10:45 pm here lol

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-13 07:56:12 (edited 2016-03-13 07:57:01)

Use fl 3.56! Its the best fl ever. Ran on my celeron just fine which is probably shittier than anytabletsmartphone of today :)

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-13 12:29:49

At 3/13/16 07:56 AM, Daru925 wrote: Use fl 3.56! Its the best fl ever. Ran on my celeron just fine which is probably shittier than anytabletsmartphone of today :)

For mobile?

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-13 14:41:12

At 3/13/16 01:15 PM, Tacticat wrote:
At 3/13/16 12:29 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 3/13/16 07:56 AM, Daru925 wrote: Use fl 3.56! Its the best fl ever. Ran on my celeron just fine which is probably shittier than anytabletsmartphone of today :)
For mobile?
Desktop.

Ohh

Response to I have a few questions.. 2016-03-14 18:38:52

I am actually going to attempt a remix from scratch.

Response to I have a few questions.. 2020-08-05 17:16:56

I am currently composing Cycles through MuseScore. If you are trying to convert it to MP3 I use FileConverter (I use it in an iPhone so I don’t know if it’s available on Android), hope that helps.