00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dreamygf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Questions About Adding a Mario Game

452 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I was wondering if members are allowed to make and upload a game that uses Mario sprites?

I came across some sprites on a website called the Shyguy Kingdom and I was going to use a program called Game Maker to make the game with the sprites, if everything was ok with that.

If I need permission to use the sprites in a game first how would I go about that?

Response to Questions About Adding a Mario Game 2016-01-30 22:41:27

At 1/30/16 10:24 PM, Matt9876 wrote: I was wondering if members are allowed to make and upload a game that uses Mario sprites?

I came across some sprites on a website called the Shyguy Kingdom and I was going to use a program called Game Maker to make the game with the sprites, if everything was ok with that.

If I need permission to use the sprites in a game first how would I go about that?

For some reason Nintendo don't mind if you upload movies using their characters but they have a big problem with you uploading games using their characters. If you did upload a game using Nintendo characters the Portal Mods would remove it almost instantly. Apparently it's a copyright issue they have. Also if for some reason the Portal Mods missed it when you uploaded it, it would most definitely be reported in the Elite Guard Barracks thread by myself or another EGB member for them to delete. So basically don't upload a game that uses Nintendo characters. We know it sucks but it's not Newgrounds that has the problem with it, it's Nintendo. I know that's not what you probably wanted to hear but hey, that's life.

Response to Questions About Adding a Mario Game 2016-01-30 22:50:05

At 1/30/16 10:41 PM, gamejunkie wrote:
For some reason Nintendo don't mind if you upload movies using their characters but they have a big problem with you uploading games using their characters.

Thanks for letting me know first, I had assumed that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure first.

At 1/30/16 10:50 PM, Matt9876 wrote: Thanks for letting me know first, I had assumed that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure first.

Yep they even deleted that really good Mario hentai game.

you know the one