00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dornedas just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '15: Group Stages

25,774 Views | 421 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 00:59:33

Boy, has it been a productive day. I woke up, ready to work. Then I opened Fl Studio and stared at it for about 5 minutes before closing it and watching anime for the rest of the day.

I've got all of you beat mwahahaha watch out.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 01:27:41

At 8/5/15 03:33 PM, LunyAlex wrote: *sigh*
That's gonna be tough.

Time to find a Buddhist temple, meditate for a week and discover true inspiration.

Good luck folks!

Likewise. I'm just going to enjoy this considering that I wouldn't mind losing to y'all three

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 02:33:13

At 8/6/15 12:59 AM, larrynachos wrote: Boy, has it been a productive day. I woke up, ready to work. Then I opened Fl Studio and stared at it for about 5 minutes before closing it and watching anime for the rest of the day.

I've got all of you beat mwahahaha watch out.

Well, I'm sure that watching anime is a powerful source of musical inspiration. Probably.

Did you at least partake of some delicious nachos during your aforementioned anime binge?

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 03:10:21

Any of you guys remember in school when there was always that one kid that turned in his paper 30 minutes before everyone else but always got an F?

Lord have mercy on my soul

More like 5 minutes into the test. :D

Good luck!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 07:45:34

At 8/6/15 02:33 AM, ChronoNomad wrote: Well, I'm sure that watching anime is a powerful source of musical inspiration. Probably.

For sure :D

Did you at least partake of some delicious nachos during your aforementioned anime binge?

Hahaha we don't have much food in the house lol. All I had to eat yesterday was some ramen lol. I haven't had nachos in almost a year.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 08:10:54

At 8/6/15 07:45 AM, larrynachos wrote: All I had to eat yesterday was some ramen lol.

The perfect weeaboo food

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 08:17:50

At 8/6/15 08:10 AM, SkyeWint wrote:
At 8/6/15 07:45 AM, larrynachos wrote: All I had to eat yesterday was some ramen lol.
The perfect weeaboo food

Not really. It's just easy to buy it in bulk. One big box can last several months, after all the other food in the house is gone :P

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 14:07:31

At 8/6/15 03:10 AM, JDawg00100 wrote: Any of you guys remember in school when there was always that one kid that turned in his paper 30 minutes before everyone else but always got an F?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/637981
Lord have mercy on my soul

Great composition :), I'm that kid that is finished 30 minutes before everyone else, but is then looking at the given answers and knows he is screwed.

How did you have the balls to submit something now already man :O, I've almost finished mine, but I'm to scared to submit it D:

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 16:17:42

At 8/6/15 11:49 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I'm no better than Lich. Spent 2 hours last night, loaded up everything and all I made was a 20 sec mess.

You already started??? There are stil 2 !!! weeks. Its almost eternity :D

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 16:40:27

At 8/6/15 04:17 PM, SoundChris wrote:
At 8/6/15 11:49 AM, dem0lecule wrote: I'm no better than Lich. Spent 2 hours last night, loaded up everything and all I made was a 20 sec mess.
You already started??? There are stil 2 !!! weeks. Its almost eternity :D

Says the person who can churn out a piece in two days.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 17:56:59

@lordedri Thanks, I just don't like sitting on a finished song

At 8/6/15 04:40 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Says the person who can churn out a piece in two days.

Well - its true that i am always a little bit busy. But i think it also helps to enter a very intense composition session. I need that to totally dig into the project and i always experienced that kind of intense dealing with a track as something very uplifting.

Composing in 1-2 days doesnt has to be of course. But 2 weeks are massive :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 18:46:26

I'm happy to have made it again! My song this year will be a LOT better than that shitty Impermanence from last year, lol

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 18:48:03

At 8/6/15 06:36 PM, SoundChris wrote:
At 8/6/15 04:40 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Says the person who can churn out a piece in two days.
Well - its true that i am always a little bit busy. But i think it also helps to enter a very intense composition session. I need that to totally dig into the project and i always experienced that kind of intense dealing with a track as something very uplifting.

It's massive for you, it probably won't be for most others. This is where the challenge is. If anyone, ever, should get immense hubris from composing in just a matter of days, then the spirit of the competition is lost. What works for you won't work for everyone else in the world, and I think it about time you understood that. That's why everyone has a sporting chance of two weeks.

At 8/6/15 05:56 PM, JDawg00100 wrote: @lordedri Thanks, I just don't like sitting on a finished song

Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. If a track feels complete, it should make its debut. I remember being the first to submit a track in one of the rounds a couple years back and @InYourDreams thought I was crazy go nuts, cranking one out that fast! You remember that, man? Ah, those halcyon days...

Besides, once you've got that part out of the way, what you do with the rest of the time is completely at your option. You can start working on your next track with extra time if you want, or just kick back and watch as the other entries roll in. And it's always better than continuing to work on a song that's effectively finished and tweaking it into oblivion.

At 8/6/15 06:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote: If anyone, ever, should get immense hubris from composing in just a matter of days, then the spirit of the competition is lost.

In my own personal opinion, there is simply no room for hubris here in the NGADM...especially when it comes to the Group Stage. Three out of every four users are going to be cut, immediately and with very little ceremony. This sort of environment tends to preclude anyone getting a swelled head, utterly regardless of composition speed. Anyone giving in to even a moment's hubris would be doing themselves a keen disservice and likely be setting themselves up for a massive fall.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 19:13:37

At 8/6/15 06:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 8/6/15 06:36 PM, SoundChris wrote:

It's massive for you, it probably won't be for most others. This is where the challenge is. If anyone, ever, should get immense hubris from composing in just a matter of days, then the spirit of the competition is lost. What works for you won't work for everyone else in the world, and I think it about time you understood that. That's why everyone has a sporting chance of two weeks.

wtf, stop taking every post so seriously; it's like you're drawing imaginary lines and reading between them lmao.

btw i'm gonna start 2 hours before the deadline every round and win by a landslide. hubris? what's that? :v

p.s. i am gay

I like how NG is a small enough community that I kinda know everyone.

Logs on, notices new posts on the NGADM thread.

"Oh look, midimachine posted something. I bet it's gonna have a :v emoticon in it."

At 8/6/15 07:13 PM, midimachine wrote: ... :v

I WIN!

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 20:50:02

At 8/6/15 07:13 PM, midimachine wrote: btw i'm gonna start 2 hours before the deadline every round and win by a landslide. hubris? what's that? :v

Don't expect to win this round by a landslide this time >:)

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-06 22:48:49

At 8/6/15 08:50 PM, lordedri wrote:
At 8/6/15 07:13 PM, midimachine wrote: btw i'm gonna start 2 hours before the deadline every round and win by a landslide. hubris? what's that? :v
Don't expect to win this round by a landslide this time >:)

Yeah, maybe something less ambitious, like a water slide.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 00:02:40

I made it? Oh boy lets see what I can make now... ;o

https://www.youtube.com/c/Bazemore7

Well peoples...here we be. Another year. Another contest.

And THIS time, I shall not be singing about Tim's Mom! Unless, of course, Tim really pisses me off...

That said, here's my group stages submission for this round. Hope ya all like it! I had only one afternoon to make this happen, life being what it is:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/638112

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 00:48:12

At 8/6/15 07:55 PM, johnfn wrote: I like how NG is a small enough community that I kinda know everyone.

"Oh look, midimachine posted something. I bet it's gonna have a :v emoticon in it."

I WIN!

haha, that face is my fuckin life <3

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 07:08:00

Haha that gave me proper giggle, you just come to expect things now :P

At 8/6/15 07:55 PM, johnfn wrote: I like how NG is a small enough community that I kinda know everyone.

I WIN!

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 07:36:22

I never heard of the word 'hubris' and now I 'm completely confused by this thread page. *opens google translate*

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 10:29:16

NGADM '15 - Round 1 - ACTIVATE :D best of luck to everyone!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 20:58:51

At 8/7/15 08:55 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Night 2: Opened FL Studio, loaded up 8Dio CAGE and stare at the screen for 10 minutes. Closed everything and I proceeded to watch Furious Seven for the rest of the night.

not a bad plan. I tend to spend most time thinking about what I will do with a piece and then 2 days before, begin chopping

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 21:03:07

At 8/7/15 08:55 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Night 2: Opened FL Studio, loaded up 8Dio CAGE and stare at the screen for 10 minutes. Closed everything and I proceeded to watch Furious Seven for the rest of the night.

I've had nights like that. My own personal philosophy for songwriting is to ALWAYS at least lay down a bass-line, or a chord progression. When you do that, you usually find that there's something good enough in it that you can tweak it into a full song. My own entry for this round was actually a chord progression that I didn't much care for when I recorded it. However, because of my own schedule, I had to make it into something, so I wrote a bridge to break up the monotony of listening to the same loop. I worked the bridge for a bit, then played them together, and it sounded OK. Swap the crappy beatboxing I did (to act as my beep-track...I just can't record to a metronome) with some more creative percs, and it started sounding good enough that I really enjoyed teasing a full song out of it.

No matter what, put SOMETHING down! Even if you hate it, you'll still at least learn something!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-07 21:12:32

Day... three?

Opens FL, is frustrated that 'Plucked!' is no longer a channel. Drafts letter to Image-Line begging them to bring back Plucked. Realizes Plucked is still there. Definitely doesn't use it in his entry for the ADM.

Wakes up and realizes the Plucked nightmare was just a dream. Watches Netflix the entire day. Before the nap, does yard work for hours. Tries getting buzz saw to work... realizes the chain is busted.

Wakes up again. Dream, within a dream. Goes on Newgrounds. Reads thread.

Inception.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature