00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015

8,801 Views | 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 8/4/15 08:17 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Especially @Phonometrologist (I told you that you'd make it here, hehhe. Maybe you'll go ahead and win yet another competition now XD?) + @Ceevro and @Ylmir :D
I'm rooting for you three ;)

I was content with the piece and was fine with what ever happened... I still am content as I'm not expecting on beating the champ of NGADM 2012, which he had to beat Waterflame by the way. Forget it. I'll just compose a piece that I would like to listen to

At 8/4/15 07:47 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: Forget it. I'll just compose a piece that I would like to listen to

Well - isnt that what we all should do? I am writing my music to improve, to have fun and hopefully also to like to listen to it once i have got some distance to the project. If someone approaches things that way the chances to have success with his music are best. If someone composes for a certain milestone and not for himself things become difficult. I am talking from my own experiences :) Creating a piece with the goal to enjoy the path and also the result is the key. Enjoy it!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 20:02:46

At 8/4/15 07:47 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: I still am content as I'm not expecting on beating the champ of NGADM 2012, which he had to beat Waterflame by the way.

I went head-to-head with Kor-Rune in the NGADM two years in a row and lost both times. He's a monster.

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 20:12:33

At 8/4/15 07:47 PM, Phonometrologist wrote:
I was content with the piece and was fine with what ever happened... I still am content as I'm not expecting on beating the champ of NGADM 2012, which he had to beat Waterflame by the way. Forget it. I'll just compose a piece that I would like to listen to

Yes of course, as @SoundChris said, don't we all?
But participating in something as part of a community, with a chance of people enjoying your music to such an extent that they'd call you a winner, is always a nice bonus :)
The reason you're doing so well, is probably because you're really investing in your tracks, composing from your own feelings. Very deeply, with a good understanding (subconscious or not), of what sounds good, and how to get there.
So go ahead and do what you always do, and maybe you will beat Kor-Rune on the road to making music you'd like to listen to ;)

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 20:34:35

At 8/4/15 07:47 PM, Phonometrologist wrote:
At 8/4/15 08:17 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Especially @Phonometrologist (I told you that you'd make it here, hehhe. Maybe you'll go ahead and win yet another competition now XD?) + @Ceevro and @Ylmir :D
I'm rooting for you three ;)

Brother, that is the right attitude to have. Just make a song that you would enjoy, always make a song that you would enjoy.

I'm still rootin' for ya.

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 20:39:04

Good luck to the top 12! That last round was a lot of fun, brilliant entries and feedback from the judges.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 20:52:57

At 8/4/15 08:30 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Good luck @Phonometrologist! And @Ceevro you won't stand a chance against Phono. But if you do, try to get something for Team Canadian. Good luck!

Man, I barely even tried and I got like ~7.

Yeah. I don't know if I stand a chance. I'm so honoured to even be here at all...there is serious talent in this pool!

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 21:20:23

Well...here I am in the finals. And life, being what it is, has granted me but one day in which to record.

And all I can really do is express my gratitude to everyone on NG. Without this site, I wouldn't be anything like the musician I have become. As such, here is my submission, placed here in all humility, without my usual swagger.

Thanks for the shot, guys! I did my very best for you.

www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/637786

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-04 22:36:23

I'm hearing some fantastic music coming out of this competition, amazing stuff everyone.
Might have to hide the banner from my signature soon...

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 01:25:57

Get ready for my thoughts, guys, hope I don't make it too long XD :
The knock-out round was so close! it's a bit sad that peachy and I didn't make it, but we love the reviews and messages we got during the competition, they help both of us (peachy and me) to learn a lot of things, and we're both very thankful for that and the support we received :D you guys make us feel already like winners :)

I want to make a special mention to some of you, cause In my part, I learnt a lot, specially about mixing, I mean, my knowledge before the competition was close to zero about this subject, but thanks to peachy, @johnfn (man, your suggestions and comments, are something really great, I'm very thankful for that, and I'm sure peachy feels the same way), and @TaintedLogic (thanks for helping me with so many questions I had, for the invite, everything, man don't forget to let me know about next year competition! :D I feel more confident in mixing now. And @TSRBand , man, dropping us a message of support while the knock-out round was going on, you're just an awesome person for doing that.

And, congrats to everyone who made it through! and to everyone who didn't make it, too! I had the chance to check lot of submissions, and it's something amazing to find a unique style and talent in everyone of you. Keep making music everyone! we have bright futures with it!, or should I say, we are the bright future of music! (future, or present XD )

Don't forget to check my music here in newgrounds! just click HERE

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 08:50:36

At 8/4/15 05:02 PM, TimerClock14 wrote:
At 8/4/15 01:18 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: PROFESSIONAL AMATEURS GROUP
@OmegaP
@PolarTrance
@TimerClock14
@Ylmir
Wow! I honestly didn't expect to make it! The other submissions from the Pro Ams were awesome and I loved listening to them.

Shout out to @Ylmir though, his music is amazing. It's no wonder he top-scored in the group!

Thanks a lot ! :)

I must admit it is frightening to see the number of awesome musicians who didn't make it. Once it will be over, I'll take some time to listen calmly to some submissions from each group, I'm pretty sure I'll find new artists to follow. :p

Sentient-ish thingy that likes making music. | My audio submissions | My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 09:45:09

At 8/5/15 01:25 AM, Jabicho wrote: @TaintedLogic (thanks for helping me with so many questions I had, for the invite, everything, man don't forget to let me know about next year competition! :D

You're totally welcome, my friend! I really appreciate your participations, and don't worry: everyone who submitted a piece for tryouts has already been added to the PM list for next year. ^^

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 13:42:01

WOW. To be honest I was very hopeful about my piece. BUT I was not expecting to make it in, mostly due to me having little to no credibility with all of you on this site. I've been on here for years, but only started submitting around maybe the end of last year?

BUT I need to give a lot of credit to the judges for judging this very non-biased-ly (?) (i like to make up words so what) and a big thank you to all of them for their thorough Reviews.

Congratz to everyone who made it in alongside me! And for those who didn't make it, I'm glad you all submitted a piece for tryouts, and took the time to make an original piece, just for us to be the exclusive few to hear it first. And thanks to the few of you who commented on my piece as well. I love to see such an awesome community and hope I can become more a part of it.

All that being said, I'm really terrified to start my next piece, the other people who made it into the knockout round, are...very good. And starting a song is ALWAYS hard. 0.o Dx

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 14:00:16

Oh I also forgot to say, break a leg.....er....speaker all!!!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 19:05:07

Wow! Congratulations to those who moved on to the next round! To be honest, I'm not very surprised I didn't make it. ^^'
Now all that's left is to look forward to the reviews so I can see how to improve! :D

Oh hai.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-05 19:48:39

At 8/4/15 07:47 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: I was content with the piece and was fine with what ever happened... I still am content as I'm not expecting on beating the champ of NGADM 2012, which he had to beat Waterflame by the way. Forget it. I'll just compose a piece that I would like to listen to

I have not forgotten. I am at peace, which is a great deal more than can be said for three years ago, but I certainly haven't forgotten. In case you didn't know, I was the one whom Waterflame beat.

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-06 18:54:10

Whaat?! I made it? I didn't think I would've scored high enough, let alone a 6.92. Although now I wish I had a 7 lol
So what now?

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-06 19:09:40

Whaat?! I made it? I didn't think I would've scored high enough, let alone a 6.92. Although now I wish I had a 7 lol
So what now?

That post was just to tell you what your score was. The people who are in the final round are listed in the very first post. Sorry to burst your bubble.....

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-06 20:48:11

Just dropping by to say, i will win this, found the perfect progression and sound, sorry everyone.

Hahaha jk, good luck to everyone in the All-Stars group, i am really hyped that i got this far into the competition, may the best win :3

PS: I hope you like Progressive Rock

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-07 04:42:37

Hey, just returned back from 2 weeks of a field trip for worlk and just was able to follow the contest with one eye. Congrats to all the winners of this round. I´m excited to hear the final tracks ;) Good luck everyone!

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-08 06:32:21

I believe I have sent out through PM all the scoresheets. That took forever... whew. I hope you guys find the feedback helpful. Please let me know if you were in the Professional Amateur group and did not receive your scoresheet from me. That means I messed up somewhere (hopefully not). Cheers.

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-08 13:11:43

You know, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Every time I enter one of these NG competitions, it seems that my music reaches a new level. For the first time, I find myself writing serious songs, and not the self-effacing satires I normally write. It's amazing what a little advice combined with some confidence building can do. When I look at what I was writing for last years' competition vs. this years, the changed is very pronounced. For those of you who think this sort of stuff is interesting, I invite you to pull out the very first track I put on NG, and then listen to the latest. It's been a few years, but WOW, what a difference! It's so neat to have the archive to refer to, any time I feel like I'm not making progress!

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-08 14:45:02

At 8/8/15 01:11 PM, Ceevro wrote: You know, I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Every time I enter one of these NG competitions, it seems that my music reaches a new level.

That's great! This is exactly the reason why I started this competition! ^^

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-08 21:14:34

Alright guys This song took me days on end and ALOT of hard work and detail went into it so I hope you enjoy it

At 8/8/15 09:14 PM, Miguel-is-cool wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/638389
Alright guys This song took me days on end and ALOT of hard work and detail went into it so I hope you enjoy it

Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this, especially now, but you didn't actually make it to the final round. :(

And you should hopefully view this as a positive because you got more practice... :P

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-08 23:03:38

Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this, especially now, but you didn't actually make it to the final round. :(

Well would you look at that

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-09 14:31:20

Too bad I didn't make it to the finals, but I almost did though. Thank You for all the positive thoughts, votes and stuff!

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-10 16:32:48

At 8/8/15 06:32 AM, Lockyn wrote: I believe I have sent out through PM all the scoresheets. That took forever... whew. I hope you guys find the feedback helpful. Please let me know if you were in the Professional Amateur group and did not receive your scoresheet from me. That means I messed up somewhere (hopefully not). Cheers.

*super late response* I haven't gotten mine yet :/

follow me: soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-10 21:31:22

At 8/8/15 06:32 AM, Lockyn wrote: I believe I have sent out through PM all the scoresheets. That took forever... whew. I hope you guys find the feedback helpful. Please let me know if you were in the Professional Amateur group and did not receive your scoresheet from me. That means I messed up somewhere (hopefully not). Cheers.

I didn't notice this comment. Sorry. I didn't receive one.

Oh hai.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A U C Final Round Thread 2015 2015-08-11 17:53:05

@Timerclock14 @MaestroMikes Sorry about that, I thought I sent some of them when I really hadn't. I knew I dun goofed somewhere. You should now have received them by PM. Cheers.