00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting

1,615 Views | 25 Replies

Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 18:32:18

James Holmes was found guilty in the theater shooting that killed 12 and wounded 70 others in Colorado on July 20, 2012.

Today a jury decided he was not insane enough to be found not guilty due to reason of insanity. The jury will choose whether or not he should be sentenced to life without parole or death.

http://news.yahoo.com/verdict-colorado-movie-theater-shooting-trial-gunman-james-holmes-192828613.html

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:10:50

Oh the irony. He styled himself after the Joker but wasn't insane enough to be exempt from court!

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:13:01

Just listen to all of those guilty verdicts still continuing to be read live now as we speak. We get it, he is guilty of killing 12 people. By that point, all counts related to attempted murder, first-degree, with/without extreme indifference...shouldn't matter much anymore.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:21:52

It's all over now. Clearly he's not going anywhere and he 100% deserves whatever he gets. I'll be surprised if he gets anything other than the death penalty, but he should have been killed when it happened.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:25:29

At 7/16/15 07:02 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I am looking forward to hearing about his inevitable rape in jail

Inevitable, more like deliberately staged by the government's prison system. It's not just inaction, they're doing the opposite of preventing prison rape.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:25:43

At 7/16/15 07:21 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: It's all over now. Clearly he's not going anywhere and he 100% deserves whatever he gets. I'll be surprised if he gets anything other than the death penalty, but he should have been killed when it happened.

You have said things in the past on Newgrounds about how you don't mind crime and shootings in NYC because it will prevent gentrification or whatever. Yet you seem to be against this (which of course was a terrible event), which I find intriuging.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 19:32:48

At 7/16/15 07:25 PM, MiniLesson wrote: You have said things in the past on Newgrounds about how you don't mind crime and shootings in NYC because it will prevent gentrification or whatever. Yet you seem to be against this (which of course was a terrible event), which I find intriuging.

Correct, I have no issues with public violence especially in parks or in gentrified, once ghetto areas. I don't carry any of this out but I don't get bothered when other people complain about it. But there's something about shooting up a movie theater while a movie is still playing that just eats away at me. Maybe it helps that the vast majority of movie theaters are well-established in their areas and that there will always be good films to see. Getting shot is the last thing on my mind when I'm watching something. I also don't favor shooting up schools either.

BBS Signature

At 7/16/15 07:32 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 7/16/15 07:25 PM, MiniLesson wrote: You have said things in the past on Newgrounds about how you don't mind crime and shootings in NYC because it will prevent gentrification or whatever. Yet you seem to be against this (which of course was a terrible event), which I find intriuging.
Correct, I have no issues with public violence especially in parks or in gentrified, once ghetto areas. I don't carry any of this out but I don't get bothered when other people complain about it. But there's something about shooting up a movie theater while a movie is still playing that just eats away at me. Maybe it helps that the vast majority of movie theaters are well-established in their areas and that there will always be good films to see. Getting shot is the last thing on my mind when I'm watching something. I also don't favor shooting up schools either.

Id have to agree there is just something unsporting about it. Shooting the defence less its unsatisfactory you should always give your prey a fighting chance or at the very least kill them in a more interesting place than a movie theater.

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 20:00:44

At 7/16/15 07:32 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:

But it's bad when people get shot anywhere. I think domestic shootings are the worst, and probably are fairly common in the projects of NYC.

Also gangs are bad, and they are abundant in NYC.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 20:02:42

Got a chair with his name on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 20:21:23

At 7/16/15 07:32 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Correct, I have no issues with public violence especially in parks or in gentrified, once ghetto areas. I don't carry any of this out but I don't get bothered when other people complain about it. But there's something about shooting up a movie theater while a movie is still playing that just eats away at me. Maybe it helps that the vast majority of movie theaters are well-established in their areas and that there will always be good films to see. Getting shot is the last thing on my mind when I'm watching something. I also don't favor shooting up schools either.

he was an asshowl i mean he is still, but also was an asshowl, maybw not for long (i hope his shot painfuly and he bleads and dies on camera)

- TFC

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 20:31:08

test his so called insanity plea.
throw this fucker in solitary for several months.
post results after.

also, i hope he rots in hell

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 21:25:47

At 7/16/15 08:18 PM, Hoodie wrote: The life sentence is worse then death sentence. I would be so fucking bored.

It really depends which part of the prison you get put in:

Gen pop: You're either trying to stay out of trouble, part of a gang, or somebody's bitch.

Protective custody: You get to be friends with a small group of ex-gangsters and paedophiles.

Solitary: get to be locked in a cell 23 hours a day (1 hour for exercise) for the rest of your life.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 22:02:10

4 days away from 3 years later

the hell took so long

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 22:12:05

and its gonna take a week for him to be sentenced because the jury has to decide. Give him the death penalty or put him in general population and let the guards look away for 10 minutes.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 22:48:07

At 7/16/15 10:28 PM, ZeroDown wrote: If you ask me the death penalty is kinda dumb. Why would you kill someone who kills people to tell people not to kill people

WELL... it's really a matter of saying 'fuck this guy i don't want him mingling with the general population, filling their dumb brains full of his twisted lies and evil sorcery'

I would never put anyone like this into general population. they would be my little lab rats I would keep in a special prison for the criminally insane. People who commit heinous unspeakable acts. See how their brain tinks, have the choice to do away with them at any point I ever become bored toiling with their mind, giving them drugs, etc. It sounds horrible, but really you want to get to the very back of what is going on in his head.

If not then away with him, to davie jones locker for the unspeakable horror he has caused.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 23:26:56

if they give this guy the death penalty and he appeals they are going to put his ass in the express lane.

Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 23:28:00

At 7/16/15 10:06 PM, FenrisVenti wrote:
At 7/16/15 07:43 PM, GRIMthaREAPER wrote:
Id have to agree there is just something unsporting about it. Shooting the defence less its unsatisfactory you should always give your prey a fighting chance or at the very least kill them in a more interesting place than a movie theater.
*defenceless.

Stfu dick

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-16 23:32:54

At 7/16/15 10:28 PM, ZeroDown wrote: If you ask me the death penalty is kinda dumb. Why would you kill someone who kills people to tell people not to kill?

Personally i think any one who has a life sentence she get death penalty so our tax money doesnt pay to feed his ass and fix his fucking teeth they should throw them in a hole and wait for them to starve. And regular prisoners should fix roads and be a work force. It shouldnt be a volunteer system

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 00:25:11

And nothing for the people who targeted and programmed him. Because that's just crazy talk. Obviously he thought this was a good idea out of fucking nowhere.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 00:26:58

At 7/16/15 11:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if they give this guy the death penalty and he appeals they are going to put his ass in the express lane.

Well hello mr sparkles may i sit down?

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 00:27:23

After 3 years people still focus on this story?

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 01:15:57

At 7/17/15 12:27 AM, Avery wrote: After 3 years people still focus on this story?

Some people still endlessly speculate about Jack the Ripper. Holmes killed enough people to fill a jury. Of course some folks are going to care.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 02:10:14

Trajic.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 04:20:50

At 7/17/15 12:26 AM, GRIMthaREAPER wrote:
At 7/16/15 11:26 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if they give this guy the death penalty and he appeals they are going to put his ass in the express lane.
Well hello mr sparkles may i sit down?

Sure you'll be shocked at how comfy it is.

Response to Holmes Guilty in Theater Shooting 2015-07-17 11:19:30

At 7/16/15 06:32 PM, MiniLesson wrote:

Today a jury decided he was not insane enough to be found not guilty due to reason of insanity. The jury will choose whether or not he should be sentenced to life without parole or death.

http://news.yahoo.com/verdict-colorado-movie-theater-shooting-trial-gunman-james-holmes-192828613.html

Took them long enough.

Then again, it could have been worse...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature