00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ALONEWOLF995 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monday night lounge

2,787 Views | 49 Replies

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:37:48

At 6/1/15 10:25 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: Your library and musical knowledge is daunting! I'm glad you share it because damn, I don't know how you do it man. I try to keep up on music discover but holy hell I can't keep up.

Well I have various ways to how my library and knowledge about all of this is as whatever as it is.
For the library part. I have a habit of going on metal-archives and when I look up a band I go under the similar artists section of bands I'm looking up, look up EVERY band I hadn't heard of, then look up bands under each of theirs and so on and so forth. You'd be amazed how many bands you can find through that. But I also randomly look up bands and music and whatnot elsewhere on the internet, take suggestions from people I know (online or irl), etc.

For the knowledge part. I have waaaaay too much time on my hands.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:39:30

At 6/1/15 08:50 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: What's everyone doing tonight (or this morning if you're in Aus etc.)? I'm drinking beer (duh), playing that game someone posted about earlier today, watching laced_up_lauren on Twitch, and coding.

Me? what am i doing?

well if you must know I've posted another interview with an NGer

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:44:46

At 6/1/15 10:37 PM, Viper wrote: For the knowledge part. I have waaaaay too much time on my hands.

Well I sure as fuck appreciate it (and am intimidated by it to be honest).

At 6/1/15 10:40 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: because... you're asking too many questions... you mind yourself.

I don't understand why asking you WHY you are taking an American math class is asking too many questions....that's not really personal is it??? Unless math is real personal to you....

Also, why do you hate alcohol so much? Live a little ha....

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:47:55

At 6/1/15 10:25 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:12 PM, Phobotech wrote: Chilling out after a pretty heavy workout at the gym
Nice - you and @stafffighter inspire me a bit. I've got a treadmill sitting three feet from me that I barely use. That plus I've always wanted to go through Convict Conditioning.

One good way to work the treadmill in is to think of it as me time. Plug in your headphone and watch youtube or listen to music or something, just live in your own head for a little while. The distraction really does make it a lot easier.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:53:38

At 6/1/15 10:49 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:44 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:40 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
I don't understand why asking you WHY you are taking an American math class is asking too many questions....that's not really personal is it??? Unless math is real personal to you....
no I just don't know how to answer...
Also, why do you hate alcohol so much? Live a little ha....
don't tell me what to do

If you're a good girl, I'm sure Bren and the rest of the BBS regulars will all pitch in so you can go to Cirque du soleil, have a smashing evening, a wonderful dinner at an establishment of your choice and then garrote a mime with piano wire. :)

Wouldn't that be a great Monday evening?

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:55:19

Right now I'm doing pullups and pushups. Tomorrow I'm going to do some swimming workouts.

wooo

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:56:30

At 6/1/15 10:55 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Right now I'm doing pullups and pushups. Tomorrow I'm going to do some swimming workouts.
wooo

Don't forget to work on your core man. Need a strong core! Rawr!

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:57:15

At 6/1/15 10:56 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:55 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Right now I'm doing pullups and pushups. Tomorrow I'm going to do some swimming workouts.
wooo

AYE SIR!

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 22:57:54

At 6/1/15 10:47 PM, stafffighter wrote: One good way to work the treadmill in is to think of it as me time.

You know, you're absolutely right. Every time I do this, I read, watch Netflix, etc. It ends up being a good workout.

Getting myself to do it though, damn.

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:00:28

At 6/1/15 10:49 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: no I just don't know how to answer...

Well I mean...this seems simple to me? I am just curious man....

Are you just trying to get ahead of your home schooled Canadian breth/sistren? Or....??

don't tell me what to do

OK well uhhh do NOT...live a little then?

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:06:25

At 6/1/15 10:44 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:37 PM, Viper wrote: For the knowledge part. I have waaaaay too much time on my hands.
Well I sure as fuck appreciate it (and am intimidated by it to be honest).

Thanks? haha. Dunno what to feel about the "intimidated" part.

Also when @Murray was still known as Bahamut, every Monday he used to post stuff called "Monday Metal Treasures" where he made a blog post about a metal band and included a sorta "review" of the band or album he posted. Then at one point he had a thing that was an offshoot of that for the band Manilla Road while still doing the MMT stuff.
Learned about many really good bands through him. One in particular is the band Legend. Wildly underrated band. I mean. My god. They did more in one album than most bands can do in their whole career. Then just like that they were gone. Arguably one of the very first "Epic Metal" bands.

A band that I literally JUST found about 2 minutes ago. Judge. They're apparently previous incarnation of the above band^
The band which followed Legend (and was the singers final project before he died) was Mercenary. They only released one thing before he died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtPAxLKHBfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1DjxVAWNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9TAsMQ94XI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqbWVBkkyhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sod6B6Bv-G8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekdmj1MqHM

Oh yeah. I have an interest in Medieval and Fantasy stuff. So when I find bands who use that sorta stuff I kinda go all weird for it haha. I do the same for ancient civilizations in music too. A big reason why I love stuff like OM. Aside from the fact you could meditate to it and the band is technically Sleep without Matt Pike (from High On Fire) and now without Chris Hakius.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:07:20

At 6/1/15 10:57 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:

You know, you're absolutely right. Every time I do this, I read, watch Netflix, etc. It ends up being a good workout.

Getting myself to do it though, damn.

It was hard for me too. I forget what comedian said it but the line stuck with me. "You know how hard it is to stop smoking? As hard as it is to start jogging." But I reached a point where I really didn't want to have to buy new pants and got on it.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:10:23

At 6/1/15 11:07 PM, stafffighter wrote: But I reached a point where I really didn't want to have to buy new pants and got on it.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am. No more new (bigger) clothes.

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:15:52 (edited 2015-06-01 23:18:21)

At 6/1/15 11:08 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 6/1/15 10:56 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
wooo
I don't think it's a good idea to do push up at late night. Firstly, you shouldn't do any heavy activity after dinner. Secondly, your muscles tend to be more tired and easy to get spasm if overdo. Push up is ideal for day workout.

I didn't eat dinner yet, but thanks for the tip! I hadn't actually known that. Though it was a bit of a small workout: 80 negative pullups, 100 pushups and now, at Chap's suggestion, 120 crunches.
I regret not doing this earlier today!

Also, afterwards, I'm going to read the book I'm currently reading called "Operation Darkheart."

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:21:13

At 6/1/15 10:25 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
Nice - you and @stafffighter inspire me a bit. I've got a treadmill sitting three feet from me that I barely use. That plus I've always wanted to go through Convict Conditioning.

Ain't nobody else benefitting from it like you will. Once you get that momentum rolling, it snowballs. You begin to like it...coming this summer, I'll have been doing this dedicatedly for two years. Load up your phone or MP3 player or crank up your speakers to some jams that won't disrupt your pace, and grind to level up!

Good work man. I'm trying to keep mine below a certain amount too, with some amount of success at least. I'm working on a new eating plan for June.

How does your current weight fair to your goal?

Saw Mad Max: Fury Road for the second time in theaters. Can't wait to see it a third time in 3D.
I HAVE to see that this week.

Its so fucking worth it. Like a breath of fresh air for a movie going experience.

Been playing Ace Combat Infinity
Flight sim?

Yeah, but its a PS3 exclusive free-to-play, so it does that micro-transaction garbage. Its alright, there's some skillful ways you can dodge around having to pay for anything. But when you're a rookie, you REALLY feel like a rookie, but it only makes that taste of power that much more satisfying.

Its still pretty fun, but it gives you a certain amount of provided playthroughs that recharge every FOUR HOURS. So your supplied paythroughs usually cap out at 3, but you can also earn stock playthroughs...you can also BUY stock playthroughs, and in order to grind through the campaign, its obscenely expensive with in-game credits, or you can buy a $20 pass specifically for the campaign...which, in its own narration, seems to know and acknowledge that its a boring fictitious history lesson.

Good luck with that man. Sounds like a cool job.

Thanks!

My bro wanted me to be his best man, but I couldn't attend for various reason. I wouldn't even know what to say anyway.

Thats kinda where I'm at.

A buddy of mine suggested that, because this friend getting married hates puns, to make a speech thats NOTHING but puns just to fuck with him...and there's no way to do that which wouldn't be obnoxious as fuck, so I think I'm just going to sneak one or two at most in there...but I'm overall in the same boat, I don't really know what to say, so I'm just kinda pedalling into heart-felt, genuine waters. I don't want to be fake about it, because to me its an honor...sucks that you couldn't go to your brother's, but it won't be your last opportunity, surely.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-01 23:23:48

Wondering when Fo is going to return my calls, appreciating Corpsegrinder's reference, neglecting to read past the aforementioned post in this thread, and topping off my birthday with some good ol flash games.

(>'-')>

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-02 00:59:15

bbqing some sausages with garlic bread and going to enjoy a cold pint of beer.
and then go to sleep or lurk on ng. one or the other lol

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-02 01:08:35

You can always join us in the Late Night Lounge. Lord knows that place needs a revival.

But on topic I'm drinking some beer and watching The Newsroom. It's on HBO GO and written by Aaron Sorkin who did The West Wing, so if you were ever into that then I highly recommend it. Lots of strong dialogue and good episodes.

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-05 22:47:41

At 6/1/15 10:44 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: Also, why do you hate alcohol so much? Live a little ha....

I don't drink ._.
Never have. Never planning to.
And I'm cool with it.
I know that wasn't aimed at me. But whatever.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Monday night lounge 2015-06-06 01:12:38

At 6/5/15 10:47 PM, Viper wrote: I know that wasn't aimed at me. But whatever.

Yeah I was just messing around.

Just say no, kids.