00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grussellrussl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!!

10,938 Views | 201 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-08 18:54:33

@Ceevro I indeed decided to skip this one and give a go at Africa. Haven't been able to record anything yet though, due to a serious case of hay fever. I'll try to get it done ASAP!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-08 20:26:31

At 6/8/15 06:54 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: @Ceevro I indeed decided to skip this one and give a go at Africa. Haven't been able to record anything yet though, due to a serious case of hay fever. I'll try to get it done ASAP!

All good, man! Get better, then record!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-08 20:27:13

Yes I did and thanks, I'm restringing it soon so it'll sound better.

I don't think I can get on this if we want to just wrap this up to move on.

We'll probably be wrapped on Wednesday. We'd still love your contribution, if you're able!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-09 16:34:19

At 6/8/15 12:02 PM, Step wrote: Nope, like ChronoNomad said, LiquidOoze didn't contribute anything this time round! The full list of participants should be:

@Ceevro
@Step
@seneka40
@Azhthar
@ChronoNomad
Sleeper256 from Reddit
@MetalRenard
@samulis
@Darkmetroidomega
@stunkel
My friend (when he sends me the files)

Don't forget about @SonicWombat

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-09 16:36:01

Don't forget about @SonicWombat

Don't you worry, I already got him on the project!

At 6/9/15 04:34 PM, Darkmetroidomega wrote: Don't forget about @SonicWombat

Could've sworn I added him. Clearly I didn't though. I'm a dumbass. Sorry about that!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-09 16:42:33

Could've sworn I added him. Clearly I didn't though. I'm a dumbass. Sorry about that!

We all have our moments. How's the last of the mixing coming? Did your friend get you his/her vocals yet?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-09 18:33:06

At 6/9/15 04:42 PM, Ceevro wrote:
We all have our moments. How's the last of the mixing coming? Did your friend get you his/her vocals yet?

He sent them just now! Adding them in.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

OK, we've got a near-final version!

1.) @Ceevro second guitar added!
2.) @afterdawn vocals added!

That solo has quickly become my favourite part.

I'm not entirely sure if it all sounds good since it's kind of late over here so I can't have the volume too high, but I think everything's cool. The final step (huehue step pun) is to get it mastered by @stunkel - what you're hearing up there is my amateur master. So in other words, we're finally wrapping this up!

List of EVERYONE involved (I hope I didn't miss anyone this time):
@Ceevro
@Step
@seneka40
@Azhthar
@ChronoNomad
Sleeper256 from Reddit
@MetalRenard
@samulis
@Darkmetroidomega
@SonicWombat
@stunkel
@afterdawn

EDIT:

Acapella AND instrumental for whoever's interested!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-09 19:44:04

WOW! Just wow, everyone! I don't know how it is that you figure this could sound much better, Step! The mastering is top-notch so far...but we'll see what @stunkel can do with it! This is filled-out so nicely it nearly brings out my man-tears!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 01:08:05

At 6/9/15 07:03 PM, Step wrote: OK, we've got a near-final version!

DAYUM, SON!

That is all.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 14:00:24

We have a final version! @Ceevro this looks ready to submit!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 14:04:18

At 6/10/15 02:00 PM, Step wrote: We have a final version! @Ceevro this looks ready to submit!

Listening now...sounds good! Do it, Step! Do it now!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 14:31:33

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 14:38:00

At 6/10/15 02:31 PM, Step wrote: Aaaand submitted.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/628809

Already getting positive reviews!

At 6/10/15 02:38 PM, Ceevro wrote:
At 6/10/15 02:31 PM, Step wrote: Aaaand submitted.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/628809
Already getting positive reviews!

Huzzah! The previous collab is evening out just above the 4-star mark, but that's with over 3,000 plays, which is almost always bound to happen with such an awesomely ridiculous number of hits.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 15:05:24

Huzzah! The previous collab is evening out just above the 4-star mark, but that's with over 3,000 plays, which is almost always bound to happen with such an awesomely ridiculous number of hits.

Yarp. I really hope that the success of previous tracks wasn't just a fluke (I suspect it wasn't...they're damn-good trax!). And a track with over 1000 views that has anything over a 3.5 star rating is incredible. You've gotta have universal appeal to make that happen!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 15:11:07

Hehe...speaking of which, we just got zero-bombed! It's actually kinda fun to watch how the ratings go. Part of me imagines that there's someone who clicks on a song, goes, "This isn't Metallica!" and instantly pushes zero after 10 seconds of listening...

Which is exactly what happens in the real world of radio-play. Anyone can sign up to be a tester for radio stations. They get sent tracks which they are to vote on. People almost always vote 5, or 0. Those who vote 5 usually do so within 15 seconds. Those who vote zero usually do so within 5 seconds. If a song doesn't get a 3.5 star rating, it doesn't get on the air.

And that's how internet trolls make sure that everything on the radio sounds exactly like everything else. Nowadays, Bohemian Rhapsody wouldn't stand a chance.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 15:28:55

At 6/10/15 03:11 PM, Ceevro wrote: Hehe...speaking of which, we just got zero-bombed! It's actually kinda fun to watch how the ratings go. Part of me imagines that there's someone who clicks on a song, goes, "This isn't Metallica!" and instantly pushes zero after 10 seconds of listening...

Which is exactly what happens in the real world of radio-play. Anyone can sign up to be a tester for radio stations. They get sent tracks which they are to vote on. People almost always vote 5, or 0. Those who vote 5 usually do so within 15 seconds. Those who vote zero usually do so within 5 seconds. If a song doesn't get a 3.5 star rating, it doesn't get on the air.

And that's how internet trolls make sure that everything on the radio sounds exactly like everything else. Nowadays, Bohemian Rhapsody wouldn't stand a chance.

99% of 0-bombers here on Newgrounds are people who want to push down other tracks so theirs comes out on top. I've been on this site for 8 years and there has always been assholes like that. I'd be willing to bet the fellow who clicked zero didn't even listen to the track haha. Nothing to worry about.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 15:31:53

99% of 0-bombers here on Newgrounds are people who want to push down other tracks so theirs comes out on top. I've been on this site for 8 years and there has always been assholes like that. I'd be willing to bet the fellow who clicked zero didn't even listen to the track haha. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the sort of thing that happens a lot. Even if you don't like the song, 0 isn't a remotely fair rating for that track! Honestly, I think that the best thing to do would be to force the entire track to play before allowing someone to rate it. That would at least make sure that people had to listen to what they were voting on!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #3!!! 2015-06-10 16:03:40

It´s out! Cool... Great job everyone. Love the vocal solo part ;)

Ugh, zero bombers. Is there a more wretched hive of scum and villainy? But hey, we're already recovering! True Newgrounders rule, zero bombers drool.

It's always bugged me that there are some who just think to themselves, "Man, this isn't what I wanted to hear! Where's the Dubstep? I want my DnB!" mere moments before they thoughtlessly click on that far-left voting button. I wish that they would simply abstain from voting if the genre isn't something they wanted or expected. Ah well, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride...