00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Harassed by police.

595 Views | 13 Replies

Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 19:30:16

Short story short, since it is a long story. Me and my mother where on the road, the police stopped us for no reason. They said he were suppose to use out signal 100 feet from the stop sign. My mother and her boyfriend said it was harassment. I got questioned for some reason. I was asked how old I was, my birth date, and what school I went to, and name. My mother lives in a stereotyped neighborhood so people there are always being watched. Idk how to feel.

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 19:32:55

At 4/22/15 07:30 PM, Avery wrote: Short story short, since it is a long story.

Wait. Slow down

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 19:39:22

At 4/22/15 07:30 PM, Avery wrote: Short story short, since it is a long story. Me and my mother where on the road, the police stopped us for no reason. They said he were suppose to use out signal 100 feet from the stop sign. My mother and her boyfriend said it was harassment. I got questioned for some reason. I was asked how old I was, my birth date, and what school I went to, and name. My mother lives in a stereotyped neighborhood so people there are always being watched. Idk how to feel.

Well, did they use the turn signal when they were supposed to? Because if not, well, the police already gave you that reason for stopping your family.

Did they charge with anything? Did they give a ticket? Or was it just let you off with a warning and they go on? Sounds a bit crying over nothing to me if what you wrote is all that happened. Yes cops stop people sometimes. Big deal.

I've been stopped before. I've had cops accuse me of shit before. But I didn't let it get to me and I didn't get angry and every time they've let me go and no tickets or anything. Unless you're sitting in a jail cell because of false charges, don't even worry about it. It's nothing. Learn how to deal with cops.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 19:39:55

Maybe your mother should learn the rules of the road.

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 20:21:26

I don't think most cops realize that even seemingly small encounters that don't end up with a summons or an arrest can still traumatize the person on the receiving end of the encounter.

I personally avoid the cops whenever possible. I mind my own business and I expect them to mind theirs. There is never any valid reason to randomly stop me on the street, randomly search my backpack, or pull me over when I'm running small errands or in the middle of my daily routine. Yet it happens sometimes. All in the name of "safety" or trying to fill up the city's coffers just to make the boss happy.

Far too often, I also see their us vs. them attitude towards civilians, and their prejudices against, in their words, "third-worlders" and "groids." And they will jump at any chance to voice their displeasure whenever anyone that's a black or a Hispanic getting arrested for one thing or another. There is no presumption of innocence before guilt if you're merely accused of something and just happen to have darker skin. However, when it's another cop that's in trouble for almost anything, they almost always get the benefit of the doubt, even when they do equally stupid things. Things like joyriding on the hood of a police car before falling down, putting a guy in a deadly chokehold, harassing people filming them--I could keep going on.

I know I've said this before but NYC cops are also way too overzealous about enforcing laws against illegal cigarettes. Since we have the highest cigarette taxes in the country, it should come as no surprise that there are so many people willing to buy and sell cigs illegally. It's completely justified. I used to buy and sell steeply discounted cigarettes from co-workers back when I smoked them. Yet these cig crackdowns have molded into the Garner incident. Another old guy in another part of Staten Island, 67 years old, was also busted in an unnecessary cig raid. And more recently, we had another raid on illegal cigs in Brooklyn, which one detective took full advantage of by stealing $2,650 from the bodega owner.

And while I've never been pulled over before, if it ever happens, I know it won't be for a good reason. Our speed limit here is 25 MPH, which is ridiculously low and thus people exceed it all the time. On the highways, there are far too many troopers just lounging around looking for people just a tad above the speed limit. And if you're sitting by yourself in a parking lot just minding your own business, the cop nearest you might be looking for the slightest thing wrong. Maybe you just don't look good. Maybe you have a recently expired inspection sticker. Maybe there's a benign crack in your windshield that they feel is enough to write you a ticket for. Maybe you've parked in your spot just a minute too long.

All of this and more is why a good, reasonable and wise self-educated individual will keep saying "fuck the police" until the last police department in this country is dissolved. That's because being a cop has little to do with protecting and serving the public when something goes wrong. Police work is primarily about harassing civilians, waking up looking for blood every day, showing "activity" by means of making criminals out of innocent people, serving big business interests, and trying to turn little infractions into a big deal.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 21:48:53

Was any of yous in that there car black??

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 21:54:06

At 4/22/15 09:52 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 4/22/15 09:48 PM, ThePulp wrote: Was any of yous in that there car black??
They got four bags of flour in the trunk and the officer mistaken as cocaine.

Well that's weird.

Gettin' pulled over for having the whites over for dinner.

This is bullshit, man.

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 22:11:13

that's relatively minor. the police in my area go way past their limits.

if you get pulled over and are a male between age 16-30 it's you are guaranteed getting your vehicle searched, even for simple traffic violations

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 22:14:20 (edited 2015-04-22 22:15:41)

Did they have name tags?

If no>
They were gangsters, looking for an easy kill, and a new ride.

If yes>
Your police suck.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 22:35:01

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 22:38:19

Well, did they use the turn signal when they were supposed to? Because if not, well, the police already gave you that reason for stopping your family.

Well the thing is, I don't mean to show off again. I'm 6'4 262 lbs, my head touched the ceiling of my car, I also have facial hair, so they wanted to know who I was.

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 22:42:35 (edited 2015-04-22 22:44:57)

At 4/22/15 10:35 PM, Painbringer wrote: Relevant.

Don't send me threads from 10+ years, I almost commented lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 23:25:43

At 4/22/15 10:11 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: that's relatively minor. the police in my area go way past their limits.

if you get pulled over and are a male between age 16-30 it's you are guaranteed getting your vehicle searched, even for simple traffic violations

You don't have to let them search the car. Sure, they can beat you and say "you fell", but assuming they're actually following the law they'll just get mad when you tell them no and then you don't have to deal with that shit. Protip: them saying they smell weed isn't probable cause, they just say that shit all the time because people are dumb. They always try to say they smell weed around here when you get pulled over, regardless of if anyone even smells like weed at all or not.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Harassed by police. 2015-04-22 23:38:46

At 4/22/15 11:25 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 4/22/15 10:11 PM, NewgroundsNation wrote: that's relatively minor. the police in my area go way past their limits.

You don't have to let them search the car. Sure, they can beat you and say "you fell", but assuming they're actually following the law they'll just get mad when you tell them no and then you don't have to deal with that shit. Protip: them saying they smell weed isn't probable cause, they just say that shit all the time because people are dumb. They always try to say they smell weed around here when you get pulled over, regardless of if anyone even smells like weed at all or not.

"No sir officer! That's not weed. That's just my armpits. I haven't bathed in weeks. Wanna smell?"
-or-
"No sir officer! That's just my dog's ass. He's stinky. Scoot in real close and I can make sure you get a deep sniff."
-or-
"Congratulations officer! You've found the weed. Here it is! *hands the officer some common weed like a dandelion*"

/don't actually do any of these
//would be hilarious if someone does.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here