00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

425,744 Views | 4,078 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-01 12:05:24

At 9/1/17 11:10 AM, Mark-Lamot wrote: Hi Everyone

Hello :)

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-01 17:10:54

Welcome to dickjokegrounds.com
Every dick joke, by everyone!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-01 17:12:04

At 9/1/17 05:10 PM, CiviLies wrote:
Welcome to dickjokegrounds.com
Every dick joke, by everyone!

Lets play some dick joke simulator games

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-02 20:39:49

HELLOOO!
Just signed up yesterday night

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-05 00:17:25

At 9/3/17 09:13 AM, Icebead wrote: Umm... Hello?
I'm Icebead, I'm new here and I'm nobody yet. I love art, games, animation and comics, but never could find time to actually do anything, including time to learn how to. For several years I had hopes to change my shitty life and find time, but it's just not happening. So I figured, I should try harder and at least start to make few shitty things, I mean "artwork", per year. For this reason I joined here (it's more motivating than keep things for myself) few month ago. And was too busy with summer vacation to introduce myself or do anything much... Yay.

You owe it to yourself to do what makes you happy in pursuit of a more meaningful life. If you don't, you will be eternally damned to feeling crappy about your life and/or yourself.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-05 13:34:31

Hello.I just joined and found this thread.I don´t talk much.

New User Introduction Thread!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-05 14:11:42

At 9/5/17 01:34 PM, phenorax wrote: Hello.I just joined and found this thread.I don´t talk much.

Welcome either way :p

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-05 14:15:39

At 9/5/17 02:11 PM, ragnkinson wrote:
At 9/5/17 01:34 PM, phenorax wrote: Hello.I just joined and found this thread.I don´t talk much.
Welcome either way :p

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Welcome to Newgrounds! Here's a favorite piece of mine from the Audio Portal to welcome you!

Fun Tip: You can just click the record and play the song in this post instead of opening a new window or tab!

I checked out your profile and it appears you got a grasp of the place quite quickly. If you have time I strongly suggest reading the Wiki here on Newgrounds. Got any questions? Then hop on over to the Where is / How to / Help! Forum.

There is one important thing to note about Newgrounds though... and that is have fun and grow!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-08 17:21:42

At 9/8/17 04:58 PM, VivianYuriViolence wrote: Hi there. I've been aware of Newgrounds for many years and it's only in the past few months I've been looking down the annals of its history and some of the portals in detail, and finally decided I wanted to partake in the community and make shit for it.

Welcome. Hopefully you will

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-10 02:30:52

At 9/8/17 04:58 PM, VivianYuriViolence wrote: Hi there. I've been aware of Newgrounds for many years and it's only in the past few months I've been looking down the annals of its history and some of the portals in detail, and finally decided I wanted to partake in the community and make shit for it.

Welcome to Newgrounds! I took a quick look over at your profile to see if you have made anything and you most certainly have. Not a bad start. I strongly suggest you go over to the Art Forum and make yourself an Art Thread to post your works-in-progress. People will critique them there and tell you where you can make improvements and comment on your style.

Also don't forget about the Newgrounds Wiki if you need help with anything. If you can't find the answer to your question then always try the Where is / How to / Help! Forum.

While you're at the Wiki check out the Creator Resources page. It can take you to multiple programs and websites that you can use to enhance and share your creations. Here's the Art Resources page; if you're feeling frisky then try the Animation Resources page.

If you're looking for some great feedback, I suggest Template88. She can be strict, no doubting that, but she will be constructive and really look to help with your work. Two posts she has made to the Art Forum I feel every artist should read. She is quite possibly the best artist due to her dedication to her craft.

[ Post 1 | Post 2 ]

Although personally, my favorite artist here is @Sabtastic.

I can't wait to see what more you create in the future.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-10 03:00:37

At 7/29/17 04:32 PM, projectanything wrote: Hey guys, been lurking in the background as fans for years - finally have content to release. Happy to be part of the community!

-Mike

Welcome to Newgrounds! Took a look around your profile and saw two episodes of your series Spark Ball. I just got finished writing the reviews for both of them. They were hilarious! I certainly look forward to seeing more. If you ever need help with any future episodes or future projects in general then I suggest you look at the Collabinate feature here on Newgrounds. You never know who you might find and the skills they have.

If there is something you don't know about the site then check out the Newgrounds Wiki. If you can't find the answer you're looking for you can always ask in the Where is / How to / Help! Forum. I'm not sure what tools you use to create your series, but if you want to expand or upgrade your arsenal you can always check out the Creator Resources page.

Other than that, again Welcome to Newgrounds and I love the new series! I am looking forward to seeing more!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-11 01:57:45

At 9/10/17 08:08 PM, VivianYuriViolence wrote: @The-Great-One .
Woah! Thank you very much for the welcome and the wealth of information, I shan't let it go to waste! In terms of contacting Template88 for critique, should I PM her? (I'm just double checking so as not to come off as intrusive if I ask in the wrong place)

Yeah just shoot her a PM. Worst case scenario, she's busy on a piece and doesn't have the time.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-11 11:16:57

At 2/23/15 05:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: New to NG or the NG forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! What brought you to NG?

You should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ while you're here!

Everyone else, feel free to welcome new users are they arrive!

I join NG, because I like to create music and show it to people♥

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-13 14:44:50

At 9/10/17 03:00 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 7/29/17 04:32 PM, projectanything wrote: Hey guys, been lurking in the background as fans for years - finally have content to release. Happy to be part of the community!

-Mike
Welcome to Newgrounds! Took a look around your profile and saw two episodes of your series Spark Ball. I just got finished writing the reviews for both of them. They were hilarious! I certainly look forward to seeing more. If you ever need help with any future episodes or future projects in general then I suggest you look at the Collabinate feature here on Newgrounds. You never know who you might find and the skills they have.

If there is something you don't know about the site then check out the Newgrounds Wiki. If you can't find the answer you're looking for you can always ask in the Where is / How to / Help! Forum. I'm not sure what tools you use to create your series, but if you want to expand or upgrade your arsenal you can always check out the Creator Resources page.

Other than that, again Welcome to Newgrounds and I love the new series! I am looking forward to seeing more!

Awesome, thanks a lot for checking out Spark Ball and for the links/tips - glad it tickled you in the right way, much appreciate the reviews and the great welcome. We definitely feel very welcomed into the Newgrounds community. Enjoying the interviews on your channel too! Thanks again! :)

Hello there. DarkNegima or "DN" here though that is a very old online handle that I've been using for years but on other communities i refer to myself as "Secret Agent X1N" as a reference to one of my the video games I've spent a lot of playtime on (League of Legends, Xin Zhao being my main and favourite champion, and him having a Secret Agent skin). I've been on newgrounds for almost a decade or so if I checked my account's age. I went to newgrounds to watch stuff, play some really INTERESTING games, and decided to make an account to keep track of the ones i loved the most.

I live in the Philippines, with Filipino and English as two of my primary subjects. English is not my second language but I do my best to speak it as fluently as i can through words i type to a computer screen or through speech. I made my NG account at around 2010, and recently I've finally finished my college education, graduating from Human Resource Management, after years of being hardstuck in college due to my own negligence.

As for my interests, I'm a guy who loves playing video games, and posting videos of them in the internet. As stated earlier, League of Legends is one my main gaming outlets since its a game I've played for 7 or so years (7 seasons and counting), while also a big sucker for Old school classics such as Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, Shadow Warrior, and many old school FPS games. Aside from video games, my other interests include Anime & Manga, drawing, studying world history (since its an old obsession of mine), studying real world weaponry in particular firearms, reading on current events that may or may not be relevant to my areas, and making reviews of things i tested and played with such as some of the games here in NG and among others.

My primary platform for gaming is PC, and recently just got a custom built gaming PC to help me pass the time, pursue more interests and hobbies related to gaming, and who knows, maybe I could finally be MUCH MORE frequent at posting youtube videos, as I've actually started a youtube channel recently where I record gaming related videos (League of Legends and NOT league of legends) and post them on the internet.

I hope this REALLY OLD TIMER such as myself can get along with the rest of the lads, ladies, and whomever in this community. See ya when I see ya.

PS: If its possible to make a forum username change, It will be much appreciated ^^

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-15 02:16:53

At 9/13/17 09:54 PM, DarkNegima wrote: Hello there. DarkNegima or "DN" here though that is a very old online handle that I've been using for years but on other communities i refer to myself as "Secret Agent X1N" as a reference to one of my the video games I've spent a lot of playtime on (League of Legends, Xin Zhao being my main and favourite champion, and him having a Secret Agent skin). I've been on newgrounds for almost a decade or so if I checked my account's age. I went to newgrounds to watch stuff, play some really INTERESTING games, and decided to make an account to keep track of the ones i loved the most.

Welcome back! My name is The-Great-One or "TGO" of short.

I live in the Philippines, with Filipino and English as two of my primary subjects. English is not my second language but I do my best to speak it as fluently as i can through words i type to a computer screen or through speech. I made my NG account at around 2010, and recently I've finally finished my college education, graduating from Human Resource Management, after years of being hardstuck in college due to my own negligence.

Congratulations! Also don't worry, most people whose first language is English can't even speak English well.

As for my interests, I'm a guy who loves playing video games, and posting videos of them in the internet. As stated earlier, League of Legends is one my main gaming outlets since its a game I've played for 7 or so years (7 seasons and counting), while also a big sucker for Old school classics such as Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, Shadow Warrior, and many old school FPS games. Aside from video games, my other interests include Anime & Manga, drawing, studying world history (since its an old obsession of mine), studying real world weaponry in particular firearms, reading on current events that may or may not be relevant to my areas, and making reviews of things i tested and played with such as some of the games here in NG and among others.

My primary platform for gaming is PC, and recently just got a custom built gaming PC to help me pass the time, pursue more interests and hobbies related to gaming, and who knows, maybe I could finally be MUCH MORE frequent at posting youtube videos, as I've actually started a youtube channel recently where I record gaming related videos (League of Legends and NOT league of legends) and post them on the internet.

I hope this REALLY OLD TIMER such as myself can get along with the rest of the lads, ladies, and whomever in this community. See ya when I see ya.

Of course you can! You should stop by the Video Game Forum some time. I need to frequent it more. It's been in a bit of a decline lately though. I'll share some of my favorite games with you here!

: PS: If its possible to make a forum username change, It will be much appreciated ^^

If you become a Newgrounds Supporter you can change your username every 30 days!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-15 02:30:43

At 9/13/17 09:54 PM, DarkNegima wrote: PS: If its possible to make a forum username change, It will be much appreciated ^^

You can if you upgrade. Like $2.99 for a month's subscription (I believe the name change is permanent, however, and can be changed multiple times so long as you still have a subscription) or $25 a year.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-20 05:44:13

Hiya! I am fairly new here, but everything looks so exciting! I am a first year in interior design, but I do graphics on the side because I find it awesome! A friend of mine suggested this website to me because he thought that I can't sit in the dark any longer, I have to get out there and expose myself, otherwise, I will never grow as a designer. Looking forward to getting to know everyone at NG!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-20 08:50:55

At 9/20/17 05:44 AM, Nati35 wrote: Hiya! I am fairly new here, but everything looks so exciting! I am a first year in interior design, but I do graphics on the side because I find it awesome! A friend of mine suggested this website to me because he thought that I can't sit in the dark any longer, I have to get out there and expose myself, otherwise, I will never grow as a designer. Looking forward to getting to know everyone at NG!

Welcome to NG!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-21 09:18:04

SUP NEW PEOPLE WELCOME AND ENJOY UR STAY! HOPE U HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-21 23:59:32

At 9/20/17 05:44 AM, Nati35 wrote: Hiya! I am fairly new here, but everything looks so exciting! I am a first year in interior design, but I do graphics on the side because I find it awesome! A friend of mine suggested this website to me because he thought that I can't sit in the dark any longer, I have to get out there and expose myself, otherwise, I will never grow as a designer. Looking forward to getting to know everyone at NG!

Welcome to Newgrounds! If there is something you don't know then check out the Newgrounds Wiki. If you can't find the answer to your question then ask it in the Where is / How to / Help! Forum. I'm not sure what tools you use, but you might want to take a look at the Creative Resources Page and the Art Resources Page.

I also see you're in your first year of interior design. Since you do graphics on the side it is smart of you to come to Newgrounds. You can learn and grow your abilities here and one day be able to make 3D models of homes and rooms for interior design to show to other people. Unless I'm out of the ballpark on that one and am just talking out of my ass, if so my apologies.

Welcome to Newgrounds! Have Fun!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 01:32:07

Welcome. What made you want to study interior design? Just curious.

At 9/21/17 09:18 AM, mrbadazz wrote: SUP NEW PEOPLE WELCOME AND ENJOY UR STAY! HOPE U HAVE A GOOD TIME!

corny name, but welcome. Glad to have you.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 03:45:08

At 9/21/17 11:59 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Welcome to Newgrounds! If there is something you don't know then check out the Newgrounds Wiki. If you can't find the answer to your question then ask it in the Where is / How to / Help! Forum. I'm not sure what tools you use, but you might want to take a look at the Creative Resources Page and the Art Resources Page.

I also see you're in your first year of interior design. Since you do graphics on the side it is smart of you to come to Newgrounds. You can learn and grow your abilities here and one day be able to make 3D models of homes and rooms for interior design to show to other people. Unless I'm out of the ballpark on that one and am just talking out of my ass, if so my apologies.

Welcome to Newgrounds! Have Fun!

Thank you! And no, you're quite right! Next year I am going to have to make house and room models. I've checked from the works the second years make this year and it looks like its mainly going to be coffee shops or pubs. But I am torn between Graphic Design and Interior Design. When I heard I could combine the two, I was completely baffled! But I love envisioning myself in spaces and just getting lost in the feel of the room. But then again, I've been attracted to Graphics for my whole life now and the precision and attention to detail also tickles my fancy... We will see when we get there next year and how the styles change!

I've just got a question. Does Newgrounds allow Nail Art? Like little swirls and graphics, or abstract art on nails? And what about jewellery design? I know Newgrounds allow sculptures, but what about those?

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 03:54:49

At 9/22/17 01:32 AM, CiviLies wrote:
Welcome. What made you want to study interior design? Just curious.

At 9/21/17 09:18 AM, mrbadazz wrote: SUP NEW PEOPLE WELCOME AND ENJOY UR STAY! HOPE U HAVE A GOOD TIME!
corny name, but welcome. Glad to have you.

Thank you, and I don't want to study interiors full-on, maybe go into Interior Decorating... But at the beginning of this year I was game for graphics, but then I took a short course in interior spaces. I just loved envisioning myself in those spaces and getting lost in the feel of the room. But I also enjoy limiting myself. I don't particularly like it when someone gives me a blank piece of paper and says "Go. Do something." Basically, problem solving as well. But then again, I don't want to lose graphics, so when I heard you could combine the two, and that you do graphics in interiors and vice versa, I was so surprised! But yeah... thanks for reading my confusing story! xD

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 04:07:13

At 9/22/17 03:45 AM, Nati35 wrote: I've just got a question. Does Newgrounds allow Nail Art? Like little swirls and graphics, or abstract art on nails? And what about jewellery design? I know Newgrounds allow sculptures, but what about those?

That's a good question. You could always shoot a PM over to Tom. @TukreyOnAStick might be able to answer your question as well. He's an Art Portal Moderator.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 04:19:27

At 9/22/17 03:54 AM, Nati35 wrote:
At 9/22/17 01:32 AM, CiviLies wrote: Welcome. What made you want to study interior design? Just curious.
thanks for reading my confusing story! xD

Lol awesome story! GOOD LUCK!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 04:54:18

At 9/22/17 04:19 AM, mrbadazz wrote:
At 9/22/17 03:54 AM, Nati35 wrote:
At 9/22/17 01:32 AM, CiviLies wrote: Welcome. What made you want to study interior design? Just curious.
thanks for reading my confusing story! xD
Lol awesome story! GOOD LUCK!

Thanks! I just saw I tagged you in it as well! Ahhhh I have a lot to learn about NG... Anywho, enjoy your day fellow humanoid!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 04:55:51

At 9/22/17 04:07 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
That's a good question. You could always shoot a PM over to Tom. @TukreyOnAStick might be able to answer your question as well. He's an Art Portal Moderator.

Thank you! I will do so! Enjoy the rest of your day/evening!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2017-09-22 04:59:05

At 9/22/17 04:07 AM, The-Great-One wrote:

When I click on his name, it says that that account does not exist?