00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Non-Flash animation?

596 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-07 05:39:39

Is this site focused on flash or only flash? I'm a Blender guy, but I do it with 2D elements -

Non-Flash animation?

BBS Signature

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-07 14:27:34

Ever since the introduction of the video player and allowing .mp4 uploads, a lot more forms of animation have been uploaded other than flash, even a bunch of 3D stuff too. Any type of animation is allowed ;3

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-11 05:33:06

Sweet! I've posted my first animation -

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651645

Incidentally, is this forum missing the "preview" function, or am I being blinded by the orange?

BBS Signature

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-11 07:40:44 (edited 2015-01-11 07:42:06)

At 1/11/15 05:33 AM, JeremyRay wrote: Sweet! I've posted my first animation -

Damn fine looking trailer, shows gobs of promise! Yeah, NG can be kinda picky with animation, so long as it doesn't look like a rudimentary slideshow. And don't sweat it, this place is definitely for productions like yours.

Incidentally, is this forum missing the "preview" function, or am I being blinded by the orange?

You don't need to use the link button to show an internal movie or song, just plop the whole http address in a forum or blog post and....

"Plan 9 meets South Park" catchy tag line ;)

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-12 02:52:45

At 1/11/15 07:40 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 1/11/15 05:33 AM, JeremyRay wrote: Sweet! I've posted my first animation -
Damn fine looking trailer, shows gobs of promise! Yeah, NG can be kinda picky with animation, so long as it doesn't look like a rudimentary slideshow. And don't sweat it, this place is definitely for productions like yours.
You don't need to use the link button to show an internal movie or song, just plop the whole http address in a forum or blog post and....
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651645
"Plan 9 meets South Park" catchy tag line ;)

I was hesitant to use the "X meets Y" pitch formula, but it's good for giving a quick impression of what a story's going to be.

I can't believe I nearly wrote this site off. It's taken a week to get 130 views on YouTube, but within 24 hours I've gotten 400 here.

What is the best way to use this site? I've been dumping WIP type stuff into my YouTube channel but I don't know if that's the best idea here. I'm sure it'd be smart to update a few times a week though. I'm debating whether I should start a Tinfoil thread here or not, for the WIP stuff. I'm not seeing anyone else doing it.

BBS Signature

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-12 16:13:32

At 1/12/15 02:52 AM, JeremyRay wrote: What is the best way to use this site? I've been dumping WIP type stuff into my YouTube channel but I don't know if that's the best idea here. I'm sure it'd be smart to update a few times a week though. I'm debating whether I should start a Tinfoil thread here or not, for the WIP stuff. I'm not seeing anyone else doing it.

it's best to keep unfinished things out of the portal. Making a thread on the forum and linking to works in progress is a good thing to do though, but since your stuff isn't flash it can't really be uploaded to the dump for linking purposes, so maybe if you've got those wips on youtube you can link to those in a thread. Or you could make a news post every now and then linking to WIPs. I'm not sure what it takes to be able to post news on the front page, but that's always a good way to promote your stuff and give updates to what you're working on.

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-12 20:40:55

/\ artistunknown's advice is valid. Making a newspost (NG blog) with an embed from YouTube, showing WIP's every other week or so, is a good plan. Making note of any tips or hints used in production, would be an asset to this site.

Your work looks as though you're a seasoned producer (which puts you 1-up on most of the submitters here), so I doubt there's much you could learn from the animation forum here... but don't be too sure! In any 'one man band' production, any and all shortcuts are like gold!

So yeah, work on your NG page, post some links, picture and video. Not everyone who sees your page will comment, but it beats being silent.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Non-Flash animation? 2015-01-14 04:33:57

Newspost made!

More animation and a making of, love you long time!

artistunknown - It didn't show up on the front page when I posted it, so I'm not sure how many people will see it.

VicariousE - I've been doing art and animation for very many years now, but I'm sure everyone knows more about the business and promotional side of film making. All tips and suggestions are welcome!

BBS Signature