00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack

3,363 Views | 37 Replies

Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 18:19:42

Things are getting serious now.

There is a good chance that this isn't North Korea at all but a threat of that magnitude will still be taken seriously.

They also released the promised “Christmas gift” of files. The contents of the files are unknown but it’s called “Michael Lynton,” who is the CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Sony Pictures Doomed?

Source

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 18:29:53

I kind of doubt people with the time and resources to hack a major international corporation also have the time and resources to pull off a terrorist attack.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 18:43:46

It would be a '93 World Trade Center bombing at best (worst).

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 18:57:29

At 12/16/14 06:23 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: so a bunch of criminal keyboard warriors are trying to censor the media? very charming. i think these people should find something more constructive to do with their time rather than stir up trouble. if you have all that energy why not try to make a positive change in the world instead

--supergandhi64

my thoughts exactly. those guys are riling me up and i need a chill pill

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 19:50:45

If Sony was worried, they could not released that lame looking film. It really looks terrible.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 19:50:58

I'm excited to see if they are going to make good on these threats, and how they are going to stop the premiere of a movie, the only thing I could think of would be blowing up the theatre, or just shooting it up, so I'm not sure anything is really going to happen honestly.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 21:34:34

Nah, they're just spouting out shit.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 22:18:58

I'm praying that the NK gooks attack the US, I want an invasion to be justified. Free korea plz

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 22:21:55

If this starts a War with North Korea, I would let them capture James Franco and Seth Rogen.

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-16 23:51:06

North Korea knows better than to initiate a war with the United States.

Kim Jong Un is the new fearless leader of the North Korean people, but you'd need to have the IQ of a sea slug to actually think that he's the one pulling the strings.

The real leaders of North Korea know that their country would be obliterated if the United States decided to nuke it. Mutually assured destruction worked with the USSR because each country had enough land that you could each nuke each other and still have cities left over for round two, not to mention a large enough arsenal to ensure complete destruction of their respective enemy.

North Korea would be trying to send babby's first nuke thousands of miles with the hope that they'll actually hit one of their targets. If the US responded with only a handful of nukes, there would be no more North Korea. That's not mutually assured destruction. It's just "assured destruction". RIP in pepperoni, glorious leader.

tl;dr:
Do it, North Korea. It'll mean less work for map makers.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 00:02:05

At 12/16/14 06:25 PM, Monster-64 wrote: How tough does one have to be to threaten people on the internet?

Well, when you risk retaliation from high-caliber police and military forces for threatening the safety of the country, quite a lot I would imagine.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 00:04:40

At 12/16/14 06:41 PM, Zachary wrote:
At 12/16/14 06:40 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 12/16/14 06:36 PM, Zachary wrote:
Let me give them the benefit of the doubt and ask why they would want us to know about upcoming attacks.
To hopefully stop the movie from coming out? Is this really that difficult to understand lol?

I'm not a "professional terrorist" but how would notifying the world's super power at all benefit your plan.
Because they want something. Which is why they are targeting Sony. Also, they aren't actually going to act on their threat most likely. It's just a scare tactic to keep people from seeing the movie.

To be honest, I'm still not fully convinced that this is N. Korea. While what you say definitely makes sense, wouldn't your reasoning as to why it would be N Korea make all the more sense if the attackers weren't from North Korea?

Framing it to make it look like an attack by NKorea would be the perfect way for some some small, random group hackers to get their kicks. International tensions escalate, pandemonium breaks out, they get a few laughs and make Sony look like morons in the process. Maybe it is North Korea, but I think it's still a possibility that it could just be some small group looking to wreak havoc. As for the threat of a terrorist attack, I'm pretty doubtful that NKorea would actually go that far. If it is just a group of hackers based elsewhere, I doubt they'd go that far as well, unless they sympathize with Nkorea for whatever reason.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 00:16:18

Landmark Theatres said tonight that the New York premiere of Sony’s controversial comedy The Interview has been canceled. The event was set for Thursday night at the Sunshine Cinema on the Lower East Side. Earlier tonight, Sony had told exhibitors that they could pull the Seth Rogen-James Franco pic if they were worried about the terrorist threat issued this morning by the group that attacked Sony Pictures. Carmike Cinemas was the first chain to say it wouldn’t screen The Interview.
Carmike Cinemas will not to show the Sony comedy The Interview, a source tells The Hollywood Reporter.

The decision followed new threats from hackers issued Tuesday. During discussions with theater owners during the course of the day, Sony Pictures told exhibitors who had BOOKEDThe Interview that it planned to move forward with the movie's release, but that they were free to decide not to show the film, and that the studio would support them in whatever decision they made.

Carmike's headquarters are in Columbus, Ga. It operates 278 theaters and 2,917 screens in 41 states.

"Well to be honest, this just makes me wanna go see the movie even more"

Source

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 00:48:13

At 12/17/14 12:15 AM, Zachary wrote: As for North Korea and threats, this is something they would absolutely do. Here is an examples of some of their bullshit rhetoric they constantly pump out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10997161/North-Korea-threatens-nuclear-strike-on-White-House.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/north-korea-threatens-attack-us-nuclear-power-over-continuing-military-drills-south-korea-1653882

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/24/world/asia/north-korea-sea-of-fire/

I think I may have phrased what I meant the wrong way.

What I meant was that while I agree that North Korea would threaten a terrorist attack, they wouldn't actually carry one out, ESPECIALLY on U.S. soil. Sure this could be the work of NK, but I still think it's also possibility that it's just some random hacker squad who wants to put the world on edge by making the type of threats NK would make. Though the more I think about it now, the dumber it's sounding in my head...
Damnit. Suppose I'm overthinking this haha.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 17:22:37

This is going to be hard for me to speak without using the caps lock key. Even now, I am having thoughts about yelling this stuff that frequently uses the term "CENSORED" throughout in response to this.

Pretty much the entirety of movie theaters have pulled the movie and will not show it as planned.

Furthermore, Sony has pulled all TV ads for this movie.

It doesn't matter that the movie is getting mediocre reviews. What matters is how America responds to the threat.

To put it simply,
"I am an American. Bawk Bawk, Bawk Bawk Bawk, Bawk Bawk, Bawk Bawk Bawk, Bawk Bawk!!!"

Now, I am seriously thinking about pushing for a boycott of movie theaters for the remainder of this year in response to this act of pure cowardice. How can we spread the word?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 17:51:11

It's awesome because Hollywood is evil and deserves this. They are nothing but a bunch of baby killing Nazis and they are part of the problem in this Country.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 17:57:33

North Korea isn't real dumbass -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:05:01

At 12/17/14 05:57 PM, DragonBallDavid wrote: North Korea isn't real dumbass -_-

Yes, it is:

Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:14:23

The cancellation of "The Interview" just hit front page on the major news sites. America just publicly cowered in front of everybody in the world.

We gotta do something to counter that. PLEASE!!!

I am seriously talking boycott of movie theaters here. How can we spread the word.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:17:55

This is one of the more bizarre hacker threats I've seen

I wish I could see that movie now, it's gotta be good if it's stirring up that much controversy

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:22:21

Damn, they actually chickened out. I suppose this will go straight to Netflix/DVD/Blu-Ray now. Going to have to go see if North Korea lost it when Team America World Police hit theaters.

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:32:25

At 12/17/14 06:14 PM, Th-e wrote: The cancellation of "The Interview" just hit front page on the major news sites.

I am so happy. That movie looks terrible. James Franco is not funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:38:20

At 12/17/14 06:35 PM, Zachary wrote: Your happy a movie you weren't going to see anyway got cancelled?

Yes, I would love to see James Franco and Seth Rogen stop making films. Have they ever made a good movie together?

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 18:49:06

They shouldn't have done that. Talk about caving into a non threat.

There's no way a bunch of retarded commie bastard script kiddies are going to carry out terrorist attacks. If they even attacked one theater our bombers and cruise missiles would be over their shitty little country within a couple of days turning it into a smoldering pile of shit. And if they tried using one of their nukes? Goodbye Pyongyang.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 19:19:38

At 12/17/14 06:49 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: There's no way a bunch of retarded commie bastard script kiddies are going to carry out terrorist attacks. If they even attacked one theater our bombers and cruise missiles would be over their shitty little country within a couple of days turning it into a smoldering pile of shit. And if they tried using one of their nukes? Goodbye Pyongyang.

Turning North Korea into a nuclear wasteland would be easy. Should we give it to south Korea or should the USA keep it?

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 19:39:19

At 12/17/14 07:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Turning North Korea into a nuclear wasteland would be easy. Should we give it to south Korea or should the USA keep it?

I say let SK have it. They deserve the chance to dance on their enemies graves.

Oh look, nipple rings

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 19:50:46

yet again americans are pussy bitches who cave in to terrorists
I fucking wanna watch this goddamn movie, just nuke us already gookers, nuke the pussies then we can go to war with you and exterminate ya

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 19:53:27

At 12/17/14 07:39 PM, fmn335 wrote: I say let SK have it. They deserve the chance to dance on their enemies graves.

South Korea can finally become Korea. Maybe charge them a small fee or tax for America's hard work.

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 21:15:23

I doubt that this will escalate into an actual war between the US and North Korea, but I won't rule it out. I've never seen such a tough foreign response all over a movie. Since Sony caved into their demands to not show the movie, the North Koreans effectively got what they wanted.

I will admit that the juicy info coming from the leaked e-mails is interesting, as undeniably embarrassing as it is to everyone involved.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Hackers Threaten 9/11 Attack 2014-12-17 21:27:57

At 12/17/14 06:32 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/17/14 06:14 PM, Th-e wrote: The cancellation of "The Interview" just hit front page on the major news sites.
I am so happy. That movie looks terrible. James Franco is not funny.

This isn't about the fact that the movie is mediocre/crappy. It's about the fact that America caved in, that the United States is a cowardly nation, and that is something that cannot be forgiven.