00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great Nintendo games, post gamecube

2,602 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

In response to

Wall Of Shame Comment

At 11/4/14 11:01 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: I am only basing my opinion on the fact that Nintendo forgot how to make good games after the game cube launch titles.

Super Mario Galaxy, a Wii game, is one of the great Nintendo titles that come to my mind. A gem from last gen. Please feel free to include anything current from the Wii U.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 13:30:54

At 11/4/14 11:33 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: In response to

Wall Of Shame Comment

At 11/4/14 11:01 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: I am only basing my opinion on the fact that Nintendo forgot how to make good games after the game cube launch titles.
Super Mario Galaxy, a Wii game, is one of the great Nintendo titles that come to my mind. A gem from last gen. Please feel free to include anything current from the Wii U.

MK8, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D world. Those are good examples of great Nintendo titles for Wii U.

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 13:53:49

At 11/5/14 01:30 PM, Gremlin wrote:

We could even go further and break down what made these games so good. Ill use Mario Kart 8 as a example, gameplay wise, it is great. Good controls, lots of options for controllers and characters, great graphics, blue shell is nerfed. I love the fact that dlc is included in the game, quite a robust amount of dlc actually. It is also fairly priced in my opinion. Has a good online community as well, and receives patches and updates.

All this, again. In my opinion, makes for GOTY material. Your thoughts?

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 16:47:05

At 11/5/14 03:07 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 11/4/14 11:33 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: In response to

Wall Of Shame Comment

oh sure smg is good.. would be hella better if it allowed you to play using the gc controller instead of the power glove remote thingy but meh..

nintendo did not forget howta make good games, they forgot how to make good systems. wii and wii u are shit. especially wii u.

anyway, i liked some aspects of super smash brawl and no more heroes.. they were great games, but it's not like they didnt have their flaws..

Please elaborate on why the Wii and Wii U is shit. You are not making a very compelling argument, so far your drive by pot reeks without anything to back up your opinion and claims.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 17:11:13

The Wii was an amazing system. You should check out any of the Mario Bros games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 18:01:36

At 11/5/14 05:30 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
oh really? i've been telling everyone on this board all along, wii has bs motion sensor controls which i swear were based on the power glove with all it's imprecise actions, and mandate you use it as the default one instead of releasing it as a gimmick like lightgun games would have.

That is a matter of opinion though, yes it is a gimmick. Just like the Kinect and Playstation wand. But I will argue, the Wii sold gangbusters, targeting not just the hardcore market, but the casual market as well. It did really good for Nintendo and made them a lot of money.

So there was a high demand for the system, including the wiimote. If you look at the numbers, it tells the story. These game sails are my facts for the demand,

(as of April 2008)
Wii Sports - 81.64 million

Mario Kart Wii - 34.01 million

Just look at those sales numbers, insane to actually see it. And Wii Sports made heavy use of the Wiimote.

the wii at least has some backward compatibility with gc to compensate, but the wii u? nope. not by default anyway, you need to buy a goddamn adapter.

Wrong, there is a way for the Wii U to play GC games.

and it doesnt even play gc games anymore either.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094

i ask you a simple question? are players not entitled to the controller type they always felt comfortable with before? no says nintendo, it belongs to history, so let us do some lsd and come up with some batshit insane new way of incorporating a terribly failed idea in a way that we think will please the masses.

I think the only batshit insane ideas are coming from you padre, not Nintendo. Hell, we can use gamcube controllers and everything under the sun to play Smash Wii U.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 18:56:27

At 11/5/14 06:35 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: Hello I am here.

-----------------------------------------------------

I will start by saying bad things about the games you people have listed.

Super Mario Galaxy - The entire time I felt like I was playing the game for a second time and I beat it in one sitting, If I wanted to breeze through a game I'd go play a game I've already perfected.

Stop posting your personal opinions and look outside the box. Mario Galaxy is hailed by video game reviewers across the internet and gamers a like. The general consensus is that it is a good game. Fact.

Mortal Kombat 8 - HAHA, seriously? What the fuck, bye. Neutral

DKC Tropical Freeze - Please refer to Super Mario Galaxy.

I have not played DKTF, but I will look at the studio and there output. I know they are very talented and competent developers. Instead of guessing I will look across various gaming websites (of which I have) IE, IGN NEOGAF, KOTAKU, EUROGAMER, POLYGON, again. I would argue that the general consensus of media and gamer opinion beat out the words of one man, on a particular website.

Mario 3D World - What a great way to make the shortest game ever, since every level is short as fuck and I beat it in one fucking sitting.

Again, your own personal opinion. General opinion is like that of science my friend. http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-mario-3d-world

Mario Kart 8 - Oh wow look how pretty! Too bad everything plays like the fucking SNES game; And since graphics don't make a game any better and SNES Mario Kart sucked, this game must suck as well. ( I even bought the wheel for this shit...) Also, it's fucking getting DLC. Fucking really Nintendo? Go fuck yourselves.

You do realize the value you are getting for the DLC is almost unheard of right....

Wii Sports - What are we, seven years old? Fuck Wii sports.

Again, millions of people bought the game. Of all ages, a very childish comment really.

--------------------------------------------------

There are my opinions there, now let's reply to words.

At 11/5/14 06:01 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
(as of April 2008)
Wii Sports - 81.64 million

Mario Kart Wii - 34.01 million

Just look at those sales numbers, insane to actually see it. And Wii Sports made heavy use of the Wiimote.
Sales make a game good?

A good game surprisingly sales?

At 11/5/14 03:07 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: no more heroes.
I knew someone would say this and I just hope you know...that's not Nintendo.

i know only one game i listed so far has been purely the work of nintendo but screw it.
Oh never mind you saved yourself.

-----------------------------------------

Also, Super Smash Bros. Brawl Is good, alright guys, it is.
BUT
Melee is better.

Tell us why is it better,

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 18:58:10

At 11/5/14 06:50 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927094
wait a minute man, fuck you for taking advantage of my not being one to normally follow links.

homebrew is NOT default.

I do not understand why you feel the need to personally insult me. I am pointing out that you can play GC games on Wii U. Regardless if it is default or not.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 19:25:27

All consoles have there pros and cons.
I think Wii U is a great console it might not have the best graphics but it is being made up with great first party games.
It might not be as fast as the others but Nintendo is making up for it's slow start.
2015 has a great line up.
Personally I'm glad I a Wii U.
The games I'm most looking forward to fro the big N are:

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Super Smash Bros U

Zelda U

You can go around calling consoles shit but really...
In reality as long as it's got the games you want for it that system is perfect for you.
Console wars aren't fun guys, get over it.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 19:25:37

At 11/5/14 07:12 PM, K1LL80Y wrote:
At 11/5/14 06:56 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
Stuff

ok

Sorry I don't feel like noting all the things.

ok

In accordance to the sales, Please look at the top selling music right now. Sales doesn't make it good.

You're comparing apples to oranges

In accordance to Wii Sports, you don't buy Wii sports. Unless you bought resort but, you don't buy resort either.

So what exactly are you trying to say, do you have any sources to back up your claims?

In accordance to the other games, you told me to look up the opinions of people paid to say their opinions of the games, then told me to not make my own opinions. Sorry but I feel that something is wrong there...

If you are going to give a opinion at least please give some source's to back up your argument. You are right, these guys are paid to write reviews, because they are professionals, it is there job. If someone told me a meteor was going hit earth in 2012, would I listen to NASA or the random guy? No I would listen to the professional on the matter because that is his job.

In accordance to DLC, you like DLC? You like planned attempts to make you pay more money for an unfinished product?
Sorry but I feel that something is wrong here...

The reality is that DLC is looking to be common for all console platforms, you do not have to like it nor buy it.But it will be common. Look at EA Ubisoft... But what you can like, is the fact that Nintendo held off doing it for so long. Here is the kicker, they do it right...Plus they are a company not a charity, they have to make money. but they do dlc right in my eyes. They price it very fairly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

and finally, in accordance of Melee.

Brawl has so many copies of the same character that aren't needed just to try and make people wow at the roster, just like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, "it's bullshit and it's bad for ya."

Melee on the other hand, has a good balanced roster that improves upon the last game.

Melee also filled up the expectations of a sequel, Completely improving and adding upon the last game, as every sequel should.

Brawl felt like just D, L, fucking C to Melee. Nothing felt new in it.

Melee has great fighting mechanics, brawl has the same damn fighting mechanics adding nothing.

Seriously the only good thing in Brawl was the Smash Ball.

Thanks for explaining. :)

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 20:01:21

Rhythm Heaven

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 21:02:56

At 11/5/14 08:41 PM, K1LL80Y wrote:
At 11/5/14 07:25 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
I'm mad at you now! >:(
Why are you being so mean, I thought we had something </3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOTGIwgV2_w&feature=youtu.be

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-05 22:50:51

At 11/5/14 09:02 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:

OOooo Sick burn, face to face conversations...oooooh, What do do yall think being third party and all.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-06 17:27:05

At 11/6/14 03:19 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:

Please dont burn my soul

Combined with backwards compatibility, there are a good few games that make the Wii worthwhile such as SSBB, New Super Mario, HotD 2&3 Return, HotD Overkill, Kirby Return to Dreamland and the super underrated Muramasa: the Demon Blade. The DS and 3DS seem pretty sweet, too, but I don't have those.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-06 22:14:12

Mario 3D World, Smash Bros (Brawl and 4), Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 and Wii , All of the WarioWare games after the Gamecube, (I thought Game & Wario was good), Wario Land Shake It, the Mario Galaxy series, the New Mario Bros series, Kid Icraus Uprising, all of the Kirby games after the Gamecube, and Punch Out Wii. Those are the ones that pop into my head.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-07 07:41:29

At 11/5/14 01:53 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 11/5/14 01:30 PM, Gremlin wrote:
We could even go further and break down what made these games so good. Ill use Mario Kart 8 as a example, gameplay wise, it is great. Good controls, lots of options for controllers and characters, great graphics, blue shell is nerfed. I love the fact that dlc is included in the game, quite a robust amount of dlc actually. It is also fairly priced in my opinion. Has a good online community as well, and receives patches and updates.

All this, again. In my opinion, makes for GOTY material. Your thoughts?

Pointless since I'm too lazy to type and think for my responses since English isn't my native, I see too much of this typical shit in this thread already.

Nintendo has not forgotten how to make good games or systems, it's just that people have forgotten that no one gives a fuck about what you play as long as you're having fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-07 17:23:08

At 11/6/14 08:08 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

What is the game in your picture, Sense Offender....or anyone know? What is the gameplay like...looks badass

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-07 17:26:03

At 11/7/14 07:41 AM, Gremlin wrote:
Pointless since I'm too lazy to type and think for my responses since English isn't my native, I see too much of this typical shit in this thread already.

lol I guess one could argue that

Nintendo has not forgotten how to make good games or systems, it's just that people have forgotten that no one gives a fuck about what you play as long as you're having fun.

True, but this meaning is lost on many. But that does not go without saying, we cant have a intelligent discussion about the games we are playing or like.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-07 18:26:37

At 11/7/14 05:23 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 11/6/14 08:08 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
What is the game in your picture, Sense Offender....or anyone know? What is the gameplay like...looks badass

Muramasa: the Demon Blade. It's awesome. Compatible with GC controller. The gameplay is great and the visual style makes it better.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-11 01:09:21

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Pokepark Wii: Wonders Beyond
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
Pokemon X and Y
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (I know they're not out yet but they're going to be a huge success anyway)
Super Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Galaxy 3 (This HAs to happen one day in the future!)
Super Mario Sunshine 2 (This HAS to happen one day in the future!)
Mario Party 8
Mario Party 9
Mario Party: Island Tour
Mario Kart Wii (it has the best rainbow road theme)
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 8
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I think I listed them all. Did I miss any?

Pephaps a bit off topic but here's my two cents.

I think People really need to face up to the fact that Nintendo hasn't Changed at all! People like to believe that Nintendo was Better back in the "old days" But they're are exactly the same. People have always been baffled or taken a back by their controllers; just look at game controllers pre-nes. Even the Snes contoller confused people cause it had like a MILLION BUTTONS at the time.

Nintendo has always made stupid and arrogant decisions about their hardware that turned off developers. From the lockout chips on the nes they purposely made scarce, to the N64 using Cartridges. Nintendo has always made family friendly stuff with rare exceptions like Metriod, Eternal Darkness, and Funding Bayonetta 2.

And Nintendo's games have always been adored by critics, not universally but that's a given. Nintendo's games are mostly likely to be reviewed positively and pretty much always sell really well.

The only thing that has changed about Nintendo are people's overall opinion about them and their games. Nintendo as a company has not changed, for everything they do that's right they do something else wrong. If you feel that they have change it is because you have changed.

Take off the rose colored glasses.

But remember one thing and one thing that is very important, The industry needs Nintendo. With both of the other platforms saturated with "Mature" Games they leave a very large hole. By not changing Nintendo is Very Different then the other two.
They will continue to make light heated and fun games, they will continue to make funky hardware, and people will continue to adore them for it.

Regardless of how you feel about Nintendo home consoles post-GameCube one thing is constant, your experience on a Nintendo console will be fundamentally different then the other platforms. Whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing is for you to decide as a consumer but that's why I say owning a Nintendo console is always worth it. The rest of the industry is converging to the same place while Nintendo remains an outlier by barely moving in some other direction.

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-11 17:38:52

At 11/5/14 07:12 PM, K1LL80Y wrote:
Melee on the other hand, has a good balanced roster that improves upon the last game.

Ahem.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Great Nintendo games, post gamecube 2014-11-15 14:55:00

Since the thread says

post game cube

Starfox Adventures.

Amicum cum volo illi sunt bonum habere

Pro amor Deus, Satanus et populus christianus.

Pater noster qui in infernis

BBS Signature