00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonBot just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

still followin egoraptor?

2,715 Views | 35 Replies

still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 09:01:08

I mean, if he left and no longer updates stuff, why do people still follow him? Is it nostalgia?

till we overdose

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 09:24:14

Probably because he's a YouTuber. Although i think his only good videos were "Awesome Series"

http://youtu.be/YQSI4ONtSpU

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 09:51:37

Oh, I don't know, maybe because the artist made good work, people liked it, so they favorited him? There's always the off-chance an infrequent artist might release new content, you know. Plus it may be to more easily access his past work via a quick link to his profile.

I'm sure I have artists favorited who have been long gone for years. Especially if a particular artist makes many things you like, it's probably easier to just favorite the artist than to favorite each and every submission of theirs.

Plus different people use their favorites lists in different ways.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 10:01:36

I forgot egoraptor was even a thing, honestly. After I started getting tired of game grumps and unsubscribed I haven't seen anything new of his (because he barely uploads stuff and when he does its Starbomb which I don't care about)

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 10:12:08

Not everyone fan's a certain user to get updates on their stuff, some people fan users because they're one of their favourite people on this site.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 10:36:55

At 9/13/14 10:12 AM, Radaketor wrote: Not everyone fan's a certain user to get updates on their stuff, some people fan users because they're one of their favourite people on this site.

People who are new on NG aren't yet worthy to follow golfinho. He is a god.

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 10:48:29

It's weird, because he first came onto the website in 2006 and YouTube had already been established, so why would he be part of a website that was already losing its popularity? We're still lucky for the time he was with us.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 11:19:50

At 9/13/14 10:01 AM, NothingStudios wrote: I forgot egoraptor was even a thing, honestly. After I started getting tired of game grumps and unsubscribed I haven't seen anything new of his (because he barely uploads stuff and when he does its Starbomb which I don't care about)

Still has valuable things to say about game design & animation on his channel tho....worth checking out

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 11:28:37

Egoraptor has committed treason therefore I do not follow him

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 13:36:29

I remember back when I said Egoraptor wasn't far from leaving NG and you guys didn't believe me. Now he doesn't even make animations anymore and he just leeches off his fame to get away with making Let's Plays with a hairy neckbeard.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 13:41:11

He ditched new grounds for that sweet YouTube $$. Probably the best move he's ever done.

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 13:43:37

Just because he doesn't go on NG anymore doesn't mean he doesn't care about the site, or the people on it. I've seen multiple occasions where he'll reference NG on his YT series Game Grumps and he constantly collaborates with Stamper, Spazkid and the like on various projects.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 13:50:47

I still watch game grumps to this day, and the recent sequelitis he released still had the same feel and charm to it

"who are you to decide what is right and wrong? where do you draw that line?"

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 17:55:43

Nah its all about sexual-lobster these days

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 18:15:06

to be honest, im not sure if egoraptor cares much about doing animation as career, he probably feels that being an artist or doing game grumps or whatever suits him better really, I mean yes his cartoons can be funny, but he isnt that great an animator (i shouldn't brag cause im not too great either), i mean his last few animations were mostly done by other people helping and that he just did the keyframes or whatever, the point is he doesn't need to do animations if he doesn't want to really, end of the day its his choice. I dunno.

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-13 22:39:12

Last I checked I think he recently faved some more recent stuff

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 03:00:14

At 9/13/14 10:48 AM, Ericho wrote: It's weird, because he first came onto the website in 2006 and YouTube had already been established, so why would he be part of a website that was already losing its popularity? We're still lucky for the time he was with us.

He was here since '01.

till we overdose

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 03:40:05

shut up for fucks sake i no how to climb lader ow jesus my ear thanks jesus its cooool lmao

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 03:55:53

At 9/14/14 03:40 AM, NuScarab wrote: shut up for fucks sake i no how to climb lader ow jesus my ear thanks jesus its cooool lmao

Wanna talk about it champ? 3:

Holy shit this has got to be the 5th ego post this last 2 weeks HE'S BEEN GONE FOR YEARS, GET OVER IT.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 04:02:01

At 9/14/14 03:55 AM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: HE'S BEEN GONE FOR YEARS, GET OVER IT.

Years? He added some recent movies to his favourite list a while ago.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 04:26:24

At 9/14/14 04:02 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 9/14/14 03:55 AM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: HE'S BEEN GONE FOR YEARS, GET OVER IT.
Years? He added some recent movies to his favourite list a while ago.

A band that comes back to town to visit is as good as if your grandmother does.

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 07:04:19

Well, there's a chance he might release a new movie or game, y'know.
Even his YouTube gets barren for long periods of time.

It takes a while to create quality animations and series all while juggling other stuff he's probably gotta do.

Stop being stupid, ComicDumbass.

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 08:01:41

Because unfaving someone is hard work?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 09:42:51

At 9/14/14 07:04 AM, NGPulp wrote: Well, there's a chance he might release a new movie or game, y'know.
Even his YouTube gets barren for long periods of time.

It takes a while to create quality animations and series all while juggling other stuff he's probably gotta do.

Stop being stupid, ComicDumbass.

Do you really have to fuck up every dam thread. Man you're such a douche...
Get a job, don't post stupid stuff. Unless posting stupid stuff is your job.

till we overdose

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 09:45:36

At 9/14/14 08:01 AM, Mismo wrote: Because unfaving someone is hard work?

Yea, you're right.
P.S. #freeama2014

till we overdose

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 09:54:28

At 9/13/14 03:58 PM, Loki wrote: Spoiler: Egoraptor's alt account:
http://chibiweewee.newgrounds.com/

Yeah, kind of doubt that. Then again, it could just be a spite page.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 13:29:40

Nope, there's absolutely nothing nostalgic about his Awesome series.

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 15:58:20

At 9/13/14 09:16 AM, fieldertiger wrote: No, because the follow button makes you a fan of the user's profile even though Egoraptor barely goes on Newgrounds at this time since he is still working on his Game Grumps show.

he's probly getting rich off it as for each 1000 views YT gives you 20 bucks as oppose to ng witch most animators use for just a fanbase yoink for there YT chanels nowadays :'(

Solwings formerly dalexj1337 - Being a sped online since 2014

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 16:20:39

He's a sexy beast, funny, and a great animator overall. Who wouldn't want to see any new stuff if not watch his old stuff?

To balance one's oneness. Everyone is you but to be immersed we must lie to ourselves and think we are separate, just enough to put on a show for us, by us, with us, forever.

BBS Signature

Response to still followin egoraptor? 2014-09-14 22:09:14

At 9/14/14 09:42 AM, ComicD wrote:
At 9/14/14 07:04 AM, NGPulp wrote: Stop being stupid, ComicDumbass.
Do you really have to fuck up every dam thread.

I thought this thread was about Egoraptor.