00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Radical new anti-bully system.

3,642 Views | 72 Replies

Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 12:37:18

The Bully Index.

It's about creating accountability and making what is supposed to be safe, safe. And it's working. After only 2 days, there have been 382 unique visits.

Do you know someone on the list? Help them get off.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 12:44:13

Lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 12:45:10

Cyber-bullying is a myth

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 13:09:51

"Uhhh...

Clean-up on Aisle 16, please.
Another AdBot has made its way into the halls and pissed itself while dying."

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 13:23:48

This is an interesting idea, but after looking through some of the names on the site, I think you guys have a very broad definition of the word "bully." To me, I don't think two people fighting falls under bullying, and neither does some random guy making a single snide remark on someone's Facebook page.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 13:32:35

I've been bullied all the time, and I've never given the smallest part of a shit. YES, GUYS, IT WORKS.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 13:45:37

At 7/28/14 01:24 PM, Piggler wrote:
If determined to be offensive, YOUR USERNAME AND COMMENT will be posted within the database for PUBLIC reference.

Is that actually the 'punishment'? Having my name in a list that no one looks at?

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 14:12:14

At 7/28/14 01:23 PM, FinaLee wrote: This is an interesting idea, but after looking through some of the names on the site, I think you guys have a very broad definition of the word "bully." To me, I don't think two people fighting falls under bullying, and neither does some random guy making a single snide remark on someone's Facebook page.

All of that is bad. Very rarely in the adult world would you actually do these things to someone's face without consequence.

Imagine your future employer looks at this list...

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 15:11:18

At 7/28/14 02:12 PM, LoveAll wrote: All of that is bad. Very rarely in the adult world would you actually do these things to someone's face without consequence.

Yes, they are bad, but is it really bullying? If I left a comment on some obscure musician's channel saying "You're music sucks," I'm willing to bet it would end up on that list.

A future employer would look for any negative behavior or activities that might carry over into the workplace. It's not exclusive to bullying.

Things like thisand thisdon't really fall under my definition of bullying. Are they tasteless? Yes. Should it be considered bullying? I don't think so.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 15:19:09

wow this is sucking pathetic

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 15:23:34

At 7/28/14 01:17 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I remember in elementary school kids who misbehaved often got like one bad point every time they did something bad.

We had paper puppies that we kept pinned to a corkboard. When we were bad, the teacher made us move our puppies into paper doghouses pinned on the other side of the board, after which we had to sit out of recess for some number of days and couldn't go to the library. It's just occurring to me that having been forced to move my own puppy feels kind of fucked up, like if you owed a mob boss a lot of money and he let you choose between watching your family be executed or just killing yourself.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 15:56:17

Lol so how's this going to solve anything again?

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 16:05:02

Let's be honest here, this is an absolute joke created by people to track cyber-trolls, Internet Tough Guys and the rest of the rabble. Don't they have anything better to do than track idiots of the Interwebz?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 17:04:00

At 7/28/14 03:11 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 7/28/14 02:12 PM, LoveAll wrote: All of that is bad. Very rarely in the adult world would you actually do these things to someone's face without consequence.

Yes, they are bad, but is it really bullying? If I left a comment on some obscure musician's channel saying "You're music sucks," I'm willing to bet it would end up on that list.

A future employer would look for any negative behavior or activities that might carry over into the workplace. It's not exclusive to bullying.

Things like thisand thisdon't really fall under my definition of bullying. Are they tasteless? Yes. Should it be considered bullying? I don't think so.

Tasteless counts though. There is a "dislike" button on YouTube that allows you to speak your mind, without saying "this music sucks". There are ways to place an opinion, and we have strewn from them.

There are consequences though, regardless if they aren't visible yet. In time, they will become apparent. This is leading edge, and people are involved that care. It only takes one...

What would you do differently with the site, if I may ask?

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 17:23:34

This is a terrible idea for a website, It's going to be used as a weapon by actual bullies, seeking to put people on there with flimsy "evidence."

This is like the internet scarlet letter, could you imagine losing your job because some person thought you were bullying them and wanted to put you on an internet black list?

Seriously, someone could easily edit a post you make on any website and then use that to ruin you. They say that their list is checked by moderators, but mods are people too, and anyone is vulnerable to drama.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 17:48:08

At 7/28/14 05:04 PM, LoveAll wrote: What would you do differently with the site, if I may ask?

You're asking someone who finds cyberbullying to be an easily remedied situation. Pretty much every online social forum nowadays has some sort of ignore feature that keeps the harasser from talking to you anymore. There's also usually a way to contact the site's administrators if you feel that the person is threatening or is making multiple accounts to get around the ignore feature.

You can also just walk away from the computer. Most cyberbullies don't even know who they're talking to, so don't let it get under your skin!

Instead of keeping a record of all the mean comments on the internet, which aren't very hard to find, why not index things that are a little more serious or extreme? Who would be opposed to a site that keeps a record of people who make death threats?

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 17:56:07

At 7/28/14 05:23 PM, Rad wrote: This is a terrible idea for a website, It's going to be used as a weapon by actual bullies, seeking to put people on there with flimsy "evidence."

This is like the internet scarlet letter, could you imagine losing your job because some person thought you were bullying them and wanted to put you on an internet black list?

Seriously, someone could easily edit a post you make on any website and then use that to ruin you. They say that their list is checked by moderators, but mods are people too, and anyone is vulnerable to drama.

Looks like it was a good idea to include site and site url in the database then. Glad I thought of that. So, now, if the comment makes it through the admins, Moderators will now just verify visually. If the comment isn't there, the name will not go live.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:00:14

At 7/28/14 05:48 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 7/28/14 05:04 PM, LoveAll wrote:
Instead of keeping a record of all the mean comments on the internet, which aren't very hard to find, why not index things that are a little more serious or extreme? Who would be opposed to a site that keeps a record of people who make death threats?

Death threats are now a category within the index. They will be far and few between.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:16:11

This won't hold up in any court.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:25:30

At 7/28/14 06:16 PM, Painbringer wrote: This won't hold up in any court.

It's not for court, and I will put a disclaimer up stating that this is not legal evidence. This is community action and is not intended to be used in the court of law.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:29:07

At 7/28/14 05:56 PM, LoveAll wrote:
At 7/28/14 05:23 PM, Rad wrote: This is a terrible idea for a website, It's going to be used as a weapon by actual bullies, seeking to put people on there with flimsy "evidence."

Looks like it was a good idea to include site and site url in the database then. Glad I thought of that. So, now, if the comment makes it through the admins, Moderators will now just verify visually. If the comment isn't there, the name will not go live.

Oh my god, this is what it's like isn't it? This is what it's like to see the beginning of evil.

You're going to run the site on donations at first, but as it grows, you're inevitably going to start charging people to remove their name from your list. And who would fight you? Who would bother defending an internet bully?

You're aiming to become the next Who's a rat or Mugshots.com. A privately owned website claiming to have a mission of justice but in the end, exists to make money. An internet extortion website and not even for actual, proven in court crimes, you're going to demolish people over the stuff they say on Facebook.

You say on your website that you plan on growing, that you want to pay your moderators and add new features. Well how long will it be? How long before you start charging, five, ten, hell twenty dollars per name removal?

I can't stop you, but I hope for the sake of the internet that someone does.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:30:38

Help them get off.

Heh

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 18:56:55

At 7/28/14 06:25 PM, LoveAll wrote:
At 7/28/14 06:16 PM, Painbringer wrote: This won't hold up in any court.
It's not for court, and I will put a disclaimer up stating that this is not legal evidence. This is community action and is not intended to be used in the court of law.

you came here with this thing about "anti bulling" and "anti trolling" when this place is known for dickneck.
so all of this is useless here.
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1054474/1

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:25:39

At 7/28/14 06:29 PM, Rad wrote.

You're going to run the site on donations at first, but as it grows, you're inevitably going to start charging people to remove their name from your list. And who would fight you? Who would bother defending an internet bully?

You're aiming to become the next Who's a rat or Mugshots.com. A privately owned website claiming to have a mission of justice but in the end, exists to make money. An internet extortion website and not even for actual, proven in court crimes, you're going to demolish people over the stuff they say on Facebook.

You say on your website that you plan on growing, that you want to pay your moderators and add new features. Well how long will it be? How long before you start charging, five, ten, hell twenty dollars per name removal?

Thank you for addressing this:

I AM NOT ACCEPTING DONATIONS.
I WILL NOT CHARGE FOR NAME REMOVAL.
I WILL NOT EXTORT.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT MONEY FROM ANY PERSON ACCEPT WHEN I SELL #FULLYBULLYAWARE MERCHANDISE.

I am unlike anyone whom has come before me.

I'm doing this for all of the right reasons and am going to make money based solely on advertising, sponsorships and merchandising. The right way to do things.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:34:28

At 7/28/14 06:56 PM, kazumazkan wrote:
you came here with this thing about "anti bulling" and "anti trolling" when this place is known for dickneck.

It is by far useless! Look, I have no qualm with "dicknecks", as you say, I have qualm with WHERE they decide to be "dicknecks". This place is known for it, why do you think I haven't put anyone in the list? This place is R Rated. You expect this here and it is mostly allowed. YouTube on the other hand, is a very public place and should not be allowed to have R Rated displayed. Not even PG. G only. Small children go there.

If your site is designed for a mature audience, I have no beef with you. Continue on.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:40:36

At 7/28/14 07:25 PM, LoveAll wrote: At 7/28/14 06:29 PM, Rad wrote.

Thank you for addressing this:

I AM NOT ACCEPTING DONATIONS.
I WILL NOT CHARGE FOR NAME REMOVAL.
I WILL NOT EXTORT.
I WILL NOT ACCEPT MONEY FROM ANY PERSON ACCEPT WHEN I SELL #FULLYBULLYAWARE MERCHANDISE.

I am unlike anyone whom has come before me.

I'm doing this for all of the right reasons and am going to make money based solely on advertising, sponsorships and merchandising. The right way to do things.

Why should we believe you? We don't even know your name.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:43:17

At 7/28/14 07:29 PM, WahyahRanger wrote: Interesting, but what good does this do? It's just going to make people "cyber-bully" the people on the list, and then it's a vicious cycle.

Not if the plan is followed. We don't accept anything outside the plan. It is a very strict, 4 step verified, read-only, battery of repetition campaign.

If they did bully them back, it won't be on my site. The point is to make them stop by repeating the same reply. Don't feed the fire.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:44:16

Truly inspirational words.

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:47:30

At 7/28/14 07:40 PM, Rad wrote:
Why should we believe you? We don't even know your name.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

And you won't know my name until I am in a position of safety. I'm poor as dirt and have a girlfriend and son. I don't want my family or friends to be hurt.

I'm the good guy. My superhero name would be WORLDCHANGER. This is only the beginning.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-28 19:53:25

At 7/28/14 07:34 PM, LoveAll wrote:
At 7/28/14 06:56 PM, kazumazkan wrote:
It is by far useless! Look, I have no qualm with "dicknecks", as you say, I have qualm with WHERE they decide to be "dicknecks". This place is known for it, why do you think I haven't put anyone in the list? This place is R Rated. You expect this here and it is mostly allowed. YouTube on the other hand, is a very public place and should not be allowed to have R Rated displayed. Not even PG. G only. Small children go there.

If your site is designed for a mature audience, I have no beef with you. Continue on.

if you clicked the link i provided and read what was on it you would know what i meant by "dickneck".
and if you know this place is "R Rated" despite the fact that a lot of child friendly/family oriented material gets submitted here,even though adult material does get submitted that's why there's a rating system for kids to avoid such material but honestly what kid would avoid that ? im just putting this out here just to let you know that this place isn't just for adults the way you made it sound and if you really think we allow it here then why advertise it ?
like i said its pretty useless imo.
for example it's like a mormon walking up and down the streets of all an atheist neighborhood and vise versa

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature