00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Radical new anti-bully system.

3,641 Views | 72 Replies

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 12:07:38

At 7/30/14 10:47 AM, WrightOnTarget wrote: No Jay From Huntington, this list blows.

J_F_H is the best.

Also doxxing people is bullying, like, legally a crime.

http://socialengineering.wikia.com/wiki/Doxxing

The FBI said what I was doing was perfectly legal as long as it can not directly lead back to the individual. I give no personal info. Name and offense only.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 12:15:05

At 7/30/14 12:07 PM, LoveAll wrote: The FBI said what I was doing was perfectly legal as long as it can not directly lead back to the individual. I give no personal info. Name and offense only.

Name is personal info, and can directly lead back to the individual, stupid.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 13:16:33

If one from here has an account there, I encourage him/her to take liberty to register my persona on this infamous list.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 15:20:14

At 7/30/14 12:15 PM, WrightOnTarget wrote:
At 7/30/14 12:07 PM, LoveAll wrote: The FBI said what I was doing was perfectly legal as long as it can not directly lead back to the individual. I give no personal info. Name and offense only.
Name is personal info, and can directly lead back to the individual, stupid.

Okay, but not in this instance. A name isn't that unique. There are thousands of people with the same name. What do I report that directly ties a name to an EXACT person?

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 17:38:59

im DDosing the shit out of this.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 17:58:42

At 7/30/14 05:38 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: im DDosing the shit out of this.

Okay, I'm coming to my senses. The idea is great, but I am executing it very poorly.

Very poorly.

What can I do to make the site function without compromising privacy, without spamming, and without being negative?

I want to do this right, and my ears are wide open. I'm very sorry for doing this wrong. I am not putting any other names on this list for the time being.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 18:10:37

Because surely ostracism the best way to combat being ostracized, right? And the concept of cyber bullying is frustratingly stupid to begin with. The comments of a thoughtless dickhead on the internet don't carry any weight and trying to viciously punish them wont make you feel better. Just let it go.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 18:12:53

At 7/30/14 05:58 PM, LoveAll wrote: Okay, I'm coming to my senses. The idea is great, but I am executing it very poorly.

Very poorly.

What can I do to make the site function without compromising privacy, without spamming, and without being negative?

I want to do this right, and my ears are wide open. I'm very sorry for doing this wrong. I am not putting any other names on this list for the time being.

close it down, its a retarded idea. abd while your doing that I'lkl be bringing your site down.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 18:28:31

At 7/30/14 05:58 PM, LoveAll wrote:
At 7/30/14 05:38 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: im DDosing the shit out of this.
Okay, I'm coming to my senses. The idea is great, but I am executing it very poorly.

Very poorly.

No. The idea is not great.

From looking at your site, all I see are a bunch of people who get into arguments online and then label the other person as a "cyberbully". Really. I looked at the screenshots. It doesn't matter who started the argument or what the context is, you're adding them to the list anyway. In most of the cases, you would have added the other person to the list just as easily if the other person had reported it.

Parading "cyberbullies" around on a website only has negative effects:
1. People trying to be "internet famous" by getting onto the site.
2. People trying to solve their problems by calling the other person a bully.
3. People retaliating against the person who reported them on the site.
4. People retaliating against the "bullies" on the site.
5. People reporting innocent people because of how easy to fool the system is.
6. Personal information being put online can be considered libel.

Just stop. This is not doing any good for anyone. In fact, the negative consequences far outweigh the positives.

What if someone assaults one of your site's users because of the accusations they posted? That will be on your head.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-30 18:32:29

"The Internet is a TOOL, not a weapon." What about no?

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-07-31 19:45:17

At 7/28/14 01:32 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: I've been bullied all the time, and I've never given the smallest part of a shit. YES, GUYS, IT WORKS.

Yes, it does.

QuakeNet channel #newgrounds.com! Stop by and say hey.

-- sedrosken, formerly known as MR-DOS

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-08-05 16:01:32

At 7/30/14 03:46 PM, KatMaestro wrote: I know that WrightOnTarget is suddenly mad with doxing (probably he just discovered DoxBin), but he was absolutely right. You can always lead back to the person's real identity easily and you can put them in serious dangers.

I really do not like these types of vigilante websites. They do more harm than good. Unless you whiteout all the name and only put their offenses, or at least make them private, this shit is turning into a big platform for bullies, instead of stopping the bullies.

Suddenly? I've never been cool with doxing. It's bad. I mean, if people are okay with putting their personal info on an account that says controversial things, such as my own accounts (usually), they are gonna reap the consequences. But that doesn't ever mean it's okay to help that along by editorializing their posts or displaying things without context, and it especially doesn't mean you seek out their info to post publicly. That is a scumbag move, and it means you can't fight your own battles.

Response to Radical new anti-bully system. 2014-08-07 02:11:52

Anyone notice if my site is moving faster? Just initiated the Falcon Engine. Supposed to make the site run 50 times faster.