I agree with darker. Drawing on the right side of the brain is a great starting place. Its used in many colleges, and its a great read. I would also recommend you read it. Let me ask you a few questions.
1) is this something you want to do a a hobby or something you want to turn into a career?
2) If YES to a career, what specifically? Video games, book illustrations, graphic design, comics.....
3) Either way...what artists and styles do you enjoy, and what do you want to learn? Digital, traditional, watercolor, oil, acrylic, charcoal, sculpture, ink? prob a few, but is one or a few specific calling your name?
4) what artists do you enjoy?
5) how old are you? (no one is ever too young or old to follow their dream, but age is usually a factor...ie do you already work, are you in school?.....etc
Knowing this stuff will better help people point you in the direction that will best help you reach your goals.