00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VolublePally just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you guys think so far?

864 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-05 23:38:04

Ok, this is obviously unfinished, a work in progress, or whatever, but I wanted to ask what you guys think of it so far before I get into adding detail, shading, ect. It's called Hatanoki (her name), just some random Asian like name I came up with, lol.

I've been getting little better with drawing, and animating over the past few months, but sadly, this is some of my best work.
As you probably know, I am 14, and I have a long way to go before I become a great artist/animator, so I still need to learn, but I am willing to learn, so tell me what I should do, or what I should fix, before I put any hard work into it.
Also I need a god damn TABLET!... drawing with a mouse is HARD!

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-05 23:48:24

Thicken that neck up boy, I feel like I could break it by staring at it hard enough but considering you did that on a mouse its pretty impressive, props man, but no seriously get a tablet I wanna see what you can do for real when you're not held back by any limitations.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-06 00:59:58

At 6/5/14 11:48 PM, M-Maher wrote: Thicken that neck up boy, I feel like I could break it by staring at it hard enough but considering you did that on a mouse its pretty impressive, props man, but no seriously get a tablet I wanna see what you can do for real when you're not held back by any limitations.

Thanks very much.
Yeah, I can see that the neck is a bit too skinny lol. Also I can't afford a tablet right now, cause my family is broke as FUCK, can barely afford to pay the bills. Anyway, is everything else ok? The way she is standing it made it really hard working with the body, and i'm not too sure on those breasts, or the shoulders.
Also, I thickened that neck, and added some facial details/guidelines, what do you think?

One more thing, I had to re-do some things, cause I accidentally overwrote my progress with an older version.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-07 10:37:52

Ok here it is updated, looks pretty good to me, what do you guys think? before I proceed.
Still not sure on those boobs, lol. The shoulders look okay to me now though.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-07 23:11:35

At 6/7/14 10:37 AM, crewsjp8 wrote: Ok here it is updated, looks pretty good to me, what do you guys think? before I proceed.
Still not sure on those boobs, lol. The shoulders look okay to me now though.

Work on the chin a bit, maybe widen out the jaw line because right now it looks too pointed. Just saiyan.

Words of wisdom from an escaped mental patient.

Dude you could totes add me on steam!

You look hot, but you could never be as hot as me.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-08 02:21:25

Nah, iv'e compared it to other anime art, they look pretty much the same, and I think it looks ok.
I finished the picture, i'll post it in a new topic.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-08 02:33:21

You really don't want to base your artwork from other people's artwork because a lot of people also make mistakes in their drawings, its better to see what works and what doesn't in my opinion.

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-08 02:47:33

If you don't mind, I did a quick redline and tried to imitate your style. I think this is what butterpopsicle was referring to when he said "widen out the jaw line." I also made the neck a bit stronger (you were pretty close) as M-Maher suggested.

You may need to study some more proportions of the face (and body) since the anime style is an exaggeration of human proportions. By knowing basic anatomy, you would know exactly what to exaggerate while maintaining a believable form. Unfortunately, this is all the advice I can give since I too am still learning anatomy, among other things related to art.

Good Luck!

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-08 03:02:25

At 6/8/14 02:47 AM, applepie12 wrote: If you don't mind, I did a quick redline and tried to imitate your style. I think this is what butterpopsicle was referring to when he said "widen out the jaw line." I also made the neck a bit stronger (you were pretty close) as M-Maher suggested.

You may need to study some more proportions of the face (and body) since the anime style is an exaggeration of human proportions. By knowing basic anatomy, you would know exactly what to exaggerate while maintaining a believable form. Unfortunately, this is all the advice I can give since I too am still learning anatomy, among other things related to art.

Good Luck!

Yeah now i see what they were talking about, I work better with examples. I will try to update it as soon as I can.
Two of my main problems is that 1, I am working with a mouse, and 2, I am also still learning. We'll here's what the finished drawing was going to look like:

Response to What do you guys think so far? 2014-06-08 20:48:39

Yeah, I think I'm done with this picture, going to work on other things, I mean it's not like this picture had to be perfect, and i'm not saying i'm completely giving up, all i'm saying is that maybe I will re-do this picture later whenever I get a tablet, or something.