00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

a125678298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rape in Video Games

17,325 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 01:57:49

Out of curiosity, how many games do you guys know of that include rape as a part of the storyline? This only includes games that take it seriously - RapeLay, Battle Raper, or sandbox games do not count; I am narrowing my quarry to games that are made more dark or depressing as a result of rape. The game does not have to show the rape, only integrate it into the storyline.

As of now I can only think of three instances:
FEAR - Alma rapes the main character.
Silent Hill 2 - Angela is raped by her father prior to the story.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Rapha references being raped by Grand Duke Barrington, which Barrington confirms.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 04:07:14

I don't know of any but I don't think this is a direction video games should go either.
Already video games are blamed for real life violence. Do you really want them to be blamed for real life rape too?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 07:00:22

At 3/1/14 04:07 AM, NeonSpider wrote: I don't know of any but I don't think this is a direction video games should go either.
Already video games are blamed for real life violence. Do you really want them to be blamed for real life rape too?

I don't know any games like that either, but I don't see anything bad about it. I can see it being a good way to bring the story into a lot deeper and darker level, making it a lot more interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 07:37:48

None. Rape is harsher than murder, it seems.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 07:48:18

My memory is a bit fuzzy here but I remember in Dragon Age Origins if you make a female city elf character your origin story involves you and a bunch of friends/relatives being brought to a nobleman to be raped by him and his friends, and one of them is killed when she tries to fight. I vaguely remember another part where a werewolf says they were transformed as punishment for raping someone's daughter. There's probably more in Dragon Age 2 and other Bioware games.

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 10:29:39

they encounter with David while playin ellie in the last of us
at the end of the level when she killed him it was implied that he was going to rape her and after that it looks like she is scarred.
I remember somebody said in the tomb Raider game that if lara were to be captured she was going to get raped but that wasn't true.
in Dead Island the character named gin the ghost with you throughout the whole game after you complete the beach levels she goes to the police station in the town to a gang to try and help them out but they rape her it is also confirmed in the novel version of Dead Island
in Red Dead Redemption i think the farm girl the one from McFarlane ranch i forgot her name was raped I'm not sure
I'm not sure if far cry 3 had something to do with it
and beyond two souls Jodi holmes is almost raped in one part of the game

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 10:32:22

also LA Noire

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 13:29:06

In The Witcher 2 there some parts that implies that someone either is getting, going or has been raped.

While not a part of the main story or even the story of that particular guilds quest, there is one member in the Thieves Guild which has past as a bandit sex-slave. Sapphire was her name.

Also something tells me there is probably some misc quest in Oblivion that has the setup of a woman being raped and murdered and that the husband wants you avenge her.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 14:08:12

I think what happens at the end of Far Cry 3 can be considered rape.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 14:23:10

FEAR - Alma rapes the main character.

I believe you meant FEAR 2, and not the first one. Otherwise there'd be some incest going on there as well.

Towards the end of the first Army of Two game, after you rescue your handler Alice from some baddies, it's pretty much heavily implied said baddies did something to her other than shoot her, if her saying "You don't want to know" when asked about what else they did to her means anything.
Speaking of Army of Two, apparently in the third game rape is the reason why one of the characters, Fiona, wants revenge on the main bad guy. I wouldn't know for sure since I've yet to play it.

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 14:36:51

At 3/1/14 02:08 PM, SubparTony wrote: I think what happens at the end of Far Cry 3 can be considered rape.

No not really. Even though Citra kills Jason (oh... Spoilers) after they have had sex I wouldn't say that it was rape. It was consensual and I think even though Citra had ulterior motives she had genuine feelings for Jason (as can be seen in the good ending) so the really did "make love".

However, halfway through the game when Jason has retrieved that special knife and goes through that weird hallucination trial it is implied that Citra took advantaged of Jason and sex with him while he was faded.

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 17:13:34

I have heard of zero games in the U.S. but yes in a ton of H games

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 18:10:23

I think one of the Obscure games has monster rape in it.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-01 18:39:37

At 3/1/14 06:34 PM, ManDeep wrote: created just for tying up the end's sake.

Bull. That open ended "Hohoho, clearly I will get le sequel!" ending is ALMOST the most offensive thing in the game.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-02 08:20:44

The newest Tomb Raider and The Last of Us each had a scene with some rapey vibes, but I can't think of any others. I think Pyramid Head is introduced into Silent Hill 2 by showing him raping a corpse.

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-03 18:26:53

I'm not sure if rape actually exists in prison MMOs...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-05 01:02:41

At 3/1/14 06:39 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 3/1/14 06:34 PM, ManDeep wrote: created just for tying up the end's sake.
Bull. That open ended "Hohoho, clearly I will get le sequel!" ending is ALMOST the most offensive thing in the game.

The most offensive thing, of course, being that the game exists.

An opinion is like a fart. No one likes it but eventually it evaporates into nothing. Mike David

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-10 22:13:17

Kwing... do you have a thing for rape games?

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-10 22:24:07

Assassin's Creed 2, with that secret Auditore dungeon thing or whatever. It had a story about Ezio's Grandfather or something.

He sailed with Dante Alighieri or was meeting him, and their ship got captured by pirates funded by the Templars. They tied up his son and him and raped his wife over and over in front of him, then they killed her.

After all that they threw them overboard, including his wife, and she ended up washing up alongside them wherever it is they found land.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-10 23:58:34

At 3/10/14 10:13 PM, Phoenix64 wrote: Kwing... do you have a thing for rape games?

Yeah, it makes stories dark and depressing. Which is awesome.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-11 07:11:12

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-11 10:07:28

Serena from the Dawnguard DLC in skyrim might have been raped by Molag Bal in return of becoming a vampire. According to the lore surrounding vampire in TES it is said that the first vampire was raped by Molag Bal and one could draw the conclusion that Serena and her mother became vampires in a similar fashion.

Also a sort kind of maybe rape in the making which you can assist in also takes place in Skyrim. A misc quest where Farengar (the court mage) ask you to deliver some frost salt to Arcadia (the local alchemist). When you deliver it to her she says it for a "love elixir like none other, maybe I should test on Farengar first...". Kind of sort of maybe sounds like she's going to make him have sex with her without his real consent. Or maybe she just want to be loved I dunno.

Something similar also happens in Fallout 3 when you meet a girl in Rivet City is in love with a guy that sadly is living in celibacy or something. Now of course there's more than one way to solve this problem, but one solution is to give the girl some pheromones that will make the guy become totally enamored with her and then they marry each other like a day later or something. All in the good name of love of course,

I think Bayonetta sort of rape kills some of the angels she kills. The female looking ones comes into mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-11 12:14:45

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-11 14:16:00

At 3/2/14 08:20 AM, Jester wrote: I think Pyramid Head is introduced into Silent Hill 2 by showing him raping a corpse.

A corpse would be too straight forward for Silent Hill, it was actually a living mannequin with two pairs of legs and no torso. Meant to represent the protagonist's lust or some shit I dunno.

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-11 15:06:32

in tenchu 3 there's a mission where you kill an official who buys kidnapped women and rapes them.

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-15 03:49:42

At 3/11/14 03:06 PM, DeIirium wrote: in tenchu 3 there's a mission where you kill an official who buys kidnapped women and rapes them.

Fuckin' Echigoya.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-15 05:15:16

Should have been able to think of this example sooner. In Far Cry 3 it is pretty obvious that Keith (one the friends you rescue) has been raped by Buck on more than one occasion. Probably one of the few examples of male on male rape in video games.

BBS Signature

Response to Rape in Video Games 2014-03-19 01:11:04

Rape Suck and should never be allowed in video games..