00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need software to play oxygen49 onxp

809 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have an old desktop computer a pentium 4 with 512MB ram and its hooked onto the TV, where I use it as a file server and my iTunes library, however if If I wish to play music I have to use my laptop since Ignite which is perfect for just jamming when I feel like it does not work on windows XP, and would have to pull out my laptop which is a windows 7 ,i5, 8GB machine which means I have to connect the HDMI cable to the TV for a 24 inch screen and then plug in the keyboard with the USB, which I am fine with when I want to record, compile and mix... But just for casual jamming and practice playing on on the keyboard it would be nice to just use the desktop, and keep it plugged in, and play when ever I please and do other things on the laptop.

So what I am looking for is software that can work with the Oxygen49 on an old windows XP machine, so I can just get down and jam , which usually helps me loosen up when I wish to get serious and record.

Response to need software to play oxygen49 onxp 2014-02-27 01:59:06

Im sure someone will come along to give you a better answer but, you could just use FL Studio and open up a synth for your MIDI keyboard to control, I'm aware you said you are running on 512 Ram but if you are going to be running 1 synth just to hear yourself play things should be fine. Also if you have a standalone Virtual Instrument/Synth your MIDI controller should be able to connect and control it.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to need software to play oxygen49 onxp 2014-02-27 07:48:38

I know this is frowned upon, because of having been outdated (a subject to change after 1.0.0) or buggy (see previous), but LMMS (this links to the current release candidate, the current "stable" a.k.a fatally-MIDI-breaking-version is 0.4.15).

You said you wanted something light to jam on, and this should fill that spot (provided you don't use any heavy VSTs or a lot of soundsfonts, your system doesn't sound like it could handle that :p. Use the CPU-meter in the upper corner for reference).

Then again, I don't really know how well FL studio would work on that, but playing while having your CPU going nuts is not much of an option (I should know)

Response to need software to play oxygen49 onxp 2014-02-27 12:43:08

Thank you very much for the response , Thank you for the help...
I think the fl studio might work. I have tried a version of LMMS, it did not pick up my oxygen 49 in the MIDI input settings, will give it a try also I have found older versions of Ableton Live, will give them a shot as well, wish there was an Ignite version compatible for the old machine, and I have plans to try and save up for a second hand mac mini, which would replace the old desktop, I found and reconstructed from the skip in the ally.