00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish

2,259 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 14:36:20

Seriously, i'm getting a bit sick of COD fanbases. COD Ghosts has came out and people were hyping it up as if it was a new born child of theirs. COD Ghosts is the worst COD, and that's saying something since all of the COD's are almost identical, if not the exact same as the previous one. I'm gonna explain why COD should be wiped off the face of the earth. First off, the trolls. OH GOD THE TROLLS. I bet you any money that if you go online on any COD game, there will be atleast one troll. They won't agree that they are pants at the game and blame everything else but themselves due to their 'HARDCORE GAMIN SKILLZ!!!!!!!1' And there's the kid trolls...*shudder* These are the worst trolls. These underaged brats shout and scream when they get shot, even though that's the entire flippin' point of the game. To kill. Also, did I mention the language? No? Okay, apparently, these kids find it cool to shout swear words at the top of their voices. Swearing doesn't make you automatically cool. Being funny does. Also, what is this ESRB rated? Hmmm... lemme check. Oh, okay, 15. These kids can be about 5 or 6. How their mothers bought that game for their 5 year old son I will never know. Second is the gameplay. NOTHING BLOODY CHANGES. It is the exact same on every COD game, with mostly shooting and some tank levels here and there. Third is the graphics. Same as the gameplay, nothing changes. Fourth on our list is the maps. The maps are identical to each other and it just looks like they used a map template and maybe added a wall or two to each one. Also, these maps are glitch galore. I got an unused XBOX 360 for a present a few years back and played some games like Saints Row 2 and Portal and they worked perfectly. A few days later l rented COD MW3 and played with my buddy Will on a few maps and whaddaya know? Glitches happened. Game breaking glitches. Actually, one map that we played on had a glitch so bad that it ruined my XBOX 360 and l had to go get a new one. The disc was in mint condition too. And fifth and final on our list is the price. l live in the UK and at our local Tesco (which is like Wal-Mart or Best Buy) COD Ghosts for the XBOX 360, not the XBOX ONE, was £60, which totals up to about $99.46. NEARLY ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS FOR A TERRIBLE SHOOTER. You could of bought some food or something with that money, you know, something useful? Well, l could go on and on about this, but l really don't have the time. lf you ever want to buy a good shooter, get TimeSplitters Future Perfect, a game which has lots of replay value, bucket loads of hilarious characters, a mindlessly fun multiplayer mode, good graphics for it's time and most of all, great gameplay. Welp, bye l guess.

COD fanboys, feel free to barge me and l'll knock some sense into your heads.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 14:44:13

Yeah I'm sure you will get a lot of angry cod fans on your ass for telling them "how it is". Just wait the fanboy calvary will be here any moment now.

snicker

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 15:10:04

nobody i knew even talked about cod ghosts (except for maybe once, but they were saying they were gonna get GTA V instead)

everybody in my area was too hyped up for GTA V to care about Ghosts

filler text

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 15:15:09

Great first post.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 15:37:04

Did you just now realize this from watching videos from 4 years ago?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 16:03:21

What a controversial opinion. Yer a goddamn rebel.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 17:00:34

I could go on and on about how much bullshit your points are, but to explain it to a noob wouldn't be worth it. I don't understand why in the hell people just come on here, bitch about Call of Duty and nothing else, and never come back, I swear, we need to make an official Call of Duty thread because this is getting to the point where this is just getting stupid.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 17:49:28

I couldn't read the majority of what you were saying as you seem to have lost the function of your computer's enter key and the capacity to understand a paragraph combined with sentence structure but I think the basis of what you are saying is you love COD and anyone who doesn't sucks?

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 18:04:26

COD is a decent game.
As stated earlier, it's a great pick-up-and-go game for FPS junkies.
Though I do believe they can only do so much now; not many COD titles will compare to how amazingly fun COD:MW2 was (IMO), and I don't think there's much else they can do with the series.
They seem to be at a stalemate, but that won't stop the bigwigs from demanding another COD to release to the public.

Skynet is upon us.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 18:20:16

Use the Enter key. It is there for a reason. For as much hatred against Call of Duty you just shit on us you certainly type like the generic Call of Duty fanboy.

Nice to see that you had some criticisms about Call of Duty. It is a series that has gotten incredible hype and has been destroyed. It was once something really cool. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is still an amazing video game and a strong contender for best video game of all time. However much like what Final Fantasy VII did for the Final Fantasy franchise, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare did for the Call of Duty franchise. It brought the mainstream into it.

A lot of people became interested in these games and thus pushing out games as quickly as possible became a thing. With each game being less and less engaging. The diehard fans of the franchise are disgusted by it, newcomers love it, and the onlooker is confused at what the big deal is. Soon Call of Duty will push as far as it can and fall, just like Final Fantasy has.

There will still be more games so just get used to that. The best you can do is simply ignore it and find something else for your friends to enjoy.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 21:32:35

Holy shit spaces would be nice...

Back on topic: This is nothing new but what I have said to everyone, I don't blame you. COD franchise seems to rot with each game that has came out. But that's just me. But it's a fact that the COD franchise has been a copy paste routine for Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-22 22:24:54

This will be my first and last post about Call of Duty. Like a glory hole, prolonged exposure isn't a good idea.

One thing I think I have that most COD gamers don't is a small perspective at the Call of Duty world before Modern Warfare. My parents got Call of Duty 3 instead of 4 due to it being cheaper. I tried to get them hanged, but they caught on. After pleading insanity I found that 3 was a pretty good game. The campaign wasn't nearly as cinematic and honestly the story was pretty bad, but thanks to the multiple fronts of WW2 there was a good progression of weapons that rewarded me as I advanced in the campaign and since it was my first semi-simulation shooter I was blown away at the first fight scene. It felt a lot funner to just act as a regular GI instead of a special op commando since you were placed in massive battles that you didn't always influence, and you focused more on your own survival than fighting the enemy.

It's a feel that also carried over to multiplayer where the predetermined classes had you adopting specific roles that encouraged more tactics, and walking through that abandoned building in the middle of the biggest map always had an eerie quality to it when you knew all hell was being let loose outside of the village. You felt less like a supersoldier and more like a soldier.

-----

COD 4 was however pretty damn good, I have to admit. The story brought cinematic action to a whole new level. There is NOTHING like fighting through a ICBM control center to stop a nuke that's already in flight. The assassination missions were, you know what I'm just going to leave the campaign at fucking awesome. Multiplayer did feel like it was a little too fast paced for it's own good at some times. I missed when snipers actually would set up shop and create a crow's nest as players would flock around them for cover, and then the enemy team would send in a tank, and then you need to get the bazookas in, and so on.

Those mini-objectives had been lost. Now everyone was creating universal combat classes instead of placing themselves into roles. I still tried to find niches myself, whether it's placing a scope on a machine gun and just focusing on putting suppressing fire in the enemies' direction (never did any good) or trying to sneak around in large maps with a silenced MP5, going through roads less travelled (this was admittedly very fun). But the game seemed to encourage with K/D focus, killstreaks and unlockable content that infamous community it has today. I'm not saying the game should entirely be to blame for the fact that some assholes like it, I just think that it created the environment that was needed for it to happen.

-----

When WaW came out it really felt like the devs were trying to mix the two games, and for me it sure as hell worked. You can still create a class, but you still had roles to place yourself in. You could play on smaller maps that worked like COD 4, or you could play in entire towns that worked like COD 3.

The campaign was also a WW2 shooter storyline done right. You are again just a regular grunt but now the cinematic aspect from COD 4 was now used to enhance that feeling. Sure, you weren't saving western civilization, but you really felt like you were in a war of epic proportions. If you know anything about gun safety you know that when your Sarge tells you to pick up enemy weapons if you need to, shit has hit the fan. I wonder if I can pick this game up for cheap now. I bet there's a community of players who think that all Modern Warfare style COD games are complete bullshit and stick to WaW. Then again, the multiplayer gameplay is a lot like Battlefield's.

-----

But it wasn't as fast paced, weapons weren’t as deadly, there was a lot more time between each engagement...things I like in a game (to a degree) other people hated, which I can understand. And so the concept for new COD games was to make them more like Modern Warfare. I'm not going to say that the games haven't changed, but not as much as most sequels are to each other. If every feature added to each Modern Warfare-style COD game was deemed successful, then Ghosts would be a very different game. But as much as I like the addition of features just to make a game different even if in some ways it's not as good, the need to be a perfect shooter that appeals the greatest masses has shaped COD into what it is today. You have to be a hipster not to play it, it's so mainstream. People get it just because their friends have it. It's unfathomably huge.

But why is it the Team Deathmatch playlist has hundreds of thousands, but others have only tiny fractions? I may never know, and probably won't. I can take an educated guess though. I just don't relate to how others play the game.

Holy shit, this post is long. This is pretty ridiculous. Wonder how many people are going to give me five word replies?

Check out my profile for links to my writing. Also willing to review writing works on request.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-23 00:48:01

Battlefeild 4 was forged out of the broken hopes and dreams of CoD fanboys...

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-23 04:41:30

Well they're making a quick buck out of it. They must be doing something right.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-23 14:00:11

At 1/22/14 05:49 PM, Pink-Ninja wrote: I couldn't read the majority of what you were saying as you seem to have lost the function of your computer's enter key and the capacity to understand a paragraph combined with sentence structure but I think the basis of what you are saying is you love COD and anyone who doesn't sucks?

Okay,this was my first post and i'll use the enter key next time. Just try to read it how it is. Also, what you are thinking is the complete opposite of what I am saying otherwise you are using sarcasm.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-23 16:19:17

At 1/23/14 02:00 PM, Awesome123151 wrote: Okay,this was my first post and i'll use the enter key next time. Just try to read it how it is. Also, what you are thinking is the complete opposite of what I am saying otherwise you are using sarcasm.

Nothing gets past you does it Columbo?

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-23 17:36:16

i never been told this
please tell me more

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-24 02:54:17

The Call of Duty hatebase, like the Call of Duty fanbase itself, is just overrated.

We get it already guys. You hate CoD. I just don't give a fuck about either one anymore.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-24 16:39:02

Yeah I agree that Call of Duty is overrated. I liked Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare the most of the series.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-24 16:53:15

Wow guys our friend here's doing some revelations, maybe he'll discover the existance Half-Life tomorrow

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-24 20:21:36

I don't understand why people spend so much time hating on CoD being the same shit different year. It's the tried and true fast action run-n-gun which has made the series so successful. However, if a simple video games existence is enough to rustle your jimmies, you can always take the radical approach and play adifferent FPS game. There are literally hundreds of other FPS games other than CoD out there.

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-24 21:39:31

TALKING ABOUT HOW CALL OF DUTY IS OVERATED IS OVERATED!!!

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-25 14:45:04

Hey look, guys, another CoD rant that's almost as identical as all the others!
Seriously, OP, pretty much your rant here is nothing new, and every single one of your points have been said to the point where its pretty much a waste of time to say it.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-25 17:30:27

At 1/24/14 08:21 PM, SweetenBoy wrote: I don't understand why people spend so much time hating on CoD being the same shit different year. It's the tried and true fast action run-n-gun which has made the series so successful. However, if a simple video games existence is enough to rustle your jimmies, you can always take the radical approach and play adifferent FPS game. There are literally hundreds of other FPS games other than CoD out there.

Thank you. This is exactly what I've been saying for so long and yet it seems like that some people can't seem to comprehend that there are more FPS games, let alone video games than just Call of Duty. COD is not killing the video game industry at all any more than games like Big Rigs or Ride to Hell, and the latter 2 games were godawful to say the least. If you don't like COD, that's fine, but don't bitch about it being about being popular, and enjoy the games that you want to play, there are more than plenty of games for all of us, so quit lying and bitching about it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-25 17:59:32

I think the campaigns are usually pretty decent. And doing co-op with a friend in spec ops mode was fun.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-25 19:20:48

Hating CoD is no less idiosyncratic than liking it.

Response to Call of Duty = Overrated Rubbish 2014-01-25 20:48:54

I believe its fine to share your opinion on games, especially ones like CoD that bring so much controversy. CoD is just turning into NHL, NBA and all sports games, new one every year.

BBS Signature