00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Militant vegans / vegetarians.

997 Views | 17 Replies

Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:30:20

We all like to make fun of them, but I'm wondering: Has anyone here actually had a militant vegan come up to them and try to change their dietary habits or whatever?

I ask because I only know they even exist because I went out of my way to look for them. And that kinda invalidates the whole "Live and let live" argument often used against them. If you were the one going up to them, knowing full well what vegetarianism / veganism is, you don't get to moan when their opinions end up in your ears, all over your computer screen, or in whatever format you went up to them via.

So, out of all the people here who like to rip on vegetarians / vegans, who here has actually had one come up to them and started the anti-meat argument, instead of the other way round?

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:31:32

Sorry, I started thinking about meat when I saw the title.

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:32:44

I don't spend my time hassling vegetarians so I have no idea

actually.. I joke around with my vegetarian dad about eating meat, but that's the extent of it

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:40:54

ironically- several vegans eat plants instead of animals because they are living creatures like us, but plants are too.

filler text

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:44:43

There was this one asshole in high school who liked to lecture everybody on it.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:46:27

At 11/23/13 12:44 PM, Suprememessage wrote: There was this one asshole in high school who liked to lecture everybody on it.

Meh, there's an asshole of every variety in high school who likes to lecture people on "muh enlightenment". That has more to do with highschool than vegans imho

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:49:57

I don't recall meeting a vegetarian or vegan who was a jerk about it. I do remember a friend of mine in high school trying to go vegan and everyone ripping on him for it, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:57:35

I know of a person who was formerly vegan, but went back to chicken and lean meats (I think? Haven't seen her in a year so I don't know what her whole diet consists of), but she was fairly militant about it, as well as organic this and that and homeopathic such and such and toxins and magnets taking away back pain and all that mumbo-jumbo.

You'd never guess by looking at her that she was vegan. Kinda... kind of a large person.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 12:58:47

At 11/23/13 12:53 PM, Elitistinen wrote: vegetarian Viking blooded black ops

Goddamnit Scandinavia what will you think of next

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:07:19

At 11/23/13 01:01 PM, Amaranthus wrote: One day I hope scientists find out plants can feel pain.
Can you imagine all those vegetarians starving themselves after they hear that?

I don't think it's always a matter of ethics for them. The user D3NTATUS used to talk about it. Something about diet. All I know is his reason for being a vegetarian wasn't because he felt bad for animals.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:10:12

At 11/23/13 01:01 PM, Amaranthus wrote: One day I hope scientists find out plants can feel pain.

we would butcher and kill you first

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:20:55

At 11/23/13 01:12 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 11/23/13 01:10 PM, Earfetish wrote:
we would butcher and kill you first
That's not quite vegetarian.

Only if they eat you afterwards.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:25:11

Meh, for me it's always just been about harm minimising - within reason. Not high ethics, I just feel uneasy eating food that required quite a bit of pain. I can relax and enjoy vegetarian stuff easier.

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:29:35

At 11/23/13 12:30 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: We all like to make fun of them, but I'm wondering: Has anyone here actually had a militant vegan come up to them and try to change their dietary habits or whatever?

Nope, never.
They keep to themselves but eventually you will know about it if you hang out with them as they turn down a delicious hot dog.

Since the premise behind being vegetarian is either health or animal rights, you will eventually catch them doing something hypocritical which you can point too, like eating cake or wearing leather.

That is most fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:30:49

No. I have met missionary vegans though.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 13:38:33

At 11/23/13 01:35 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXJroipl9E

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 18:39:40

At 11/23/13 01:52 PM, Shauna wrote: That's how I like to view people with an 'extremest view'. Passionate.

Osama Bin Laden: passionate about his craft until the very end.

BBS Signature

Response to Militant vegans / vegetarians. 2013-11-23 19:41:57

i meat every single day! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT BRO LIKE FUCK!

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature