00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops

6,829 Views | 75 Replies

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-02-19 14:57:51

I can't believe this is still a thing but I'm not even mad wow this is amazing

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-02-19 20:22:05

Episode 10 - It's all gone...

Prime-quality weed, new friends and a potential ally. Leaving the drugs aside, those people were good people. But now that wasn't such a good topic to talk at that moment; A Fonias scout team was behind us.

We were driving outta New Jersey like a jew with a coupon, and they were getting on our feet. I tried my best to shoot them off, but is difficult to fire an automatic pistol while driving a motorcycle. -Engendro del Averno! Since when these bastards know how to drive?!- They were on a truck and one was on the wheel. Joelle threw me a frag from ZJ's car, I pulled the pin, then threw it at the wheels. The truck flipped and blew up in pieces -We made it, now let's get back to the HQ and get something to eat.- Towel said as he was looking at the explosion.

It took some time but we made it back to the HQ. We weren't prepared for what we saw.

The HQ was run down to ashes. The place was completely demolished and some areas were still on fire. We went down our vehicles as fast as we could to move the rubbish; the hot bricks were burning my hands, but I didn't stop moving them, I had to find someone still living.

-Guys!! Over here!!- McLean yelled as he moved a pole. It was Wade. He was agonizing and his life was slipping out of his body. He had a metal wire stuck in his lung. -Guys... I'm glad you're still alive... I don't... Have much time... to tell you.- -C'mon, Wade! Stay with me! You're not turning a corpse on us now! Please!- Noaxis was trying her best to keeping him alive. -Is too late... for me... The Fonias came... they were tons of them... They trashed the place... I managed to get your... stuff safe with Ericho *Cough* *cough* *hack*- He was spitting out blood, Slint was crying for the first time -Please, Wade!! Don't do this to us!! Fuck!!! Don't die!! You haven't licked enough pussy!!- Wade looked at the sky and said his last words -Mad Ops... I... Have one last mission for you *cough*... Go to Greece... Destroy the Fonias mothership... Save humanity... Take the Earth back...!- He closed his eyes and let out a big sigh. Wade was no longer with us. Joelle couldn't stop sobbing.

We sat in a circle around his body, crying and praying for his soul. At that time, Ericho arrived with his RV, Krinkels and Cheshyre were with him. -I came back as soon as possible. Climb onto your cars. We're moving out.-

We followed Ericho through an unknown route, we were using the radios to talk. Krinkels started -Ericho told us what happened there. Shit. I guess you couldn't save neither Wade nor anyone buried under the rubbish- Then Cheshyre took the word -He sent Ericho to tell you how to get to Greece: We have a friend who also moved here due to Wade's signal. He has an airfield at Fort Hancock in Sandy Hook Bay. He'll fly you to Europe.- ZJ was thinking. -This is somehing colossal. How the fuck are we gonna destroy the Fonias mothership or whatever's in Greece? We don't even know where to start!- Joelle followed -Let's just focus on reaching Hancock alive. According to this map, it's very far away.-

Good ol' 3 hours passed before reaching the fort. It had some heavy military protection. A guard let us in. We drived a few more kilometers until we saw the airfield. Cheshyre was looking around -Small, but still funcional, I just hope Sam has put gas to the big one.- We went down our vehicles. A young man appeared: He was a little older than me, he had a pilot helmet and googles, so I couldn't see his face clearly; what I did see was a beat-up MLP t-shirt under a brown coat.

Krinkels ran to him. -Saminat! freakin' brony! Can you do us a favor?- -How many times have I told you to neither call me by my username nor calling me "brony". I have a reputation to mantain here.- Slint walked to him while saying -How do you want to mantain a reputation when you have fucking Pinkie Pie on your chest?- Towel laughed very hard at that.

-What? you here to mock me or you really need something to do with me?- Sam was really pissed. -We need you to fly us to Greece. We have one last job to do for Wade- I replied. Sam looked at us then told us -So you're 8madness, the leader of Mad Ops. Matt told me about all of you. Of course I'll take you there. But first some sleep, it's already nighttime.-

The guards took us to the barracks. We entered to the guest room: a kinda large room with a closet and 10 cots perfectly aligned. I picked the one next to the door, just to protect the team.

I was up the entire night. All of this was deintegrating my nerves, but I knew I'd have to take these risks of losing everything in the blink of an eye. Tomorrow I'd be flying to another continent to end all this madness, unprepared and with no hopes, but I ha to do it. For the team, for Wade, for humanity.

But mostly, for my brother.

Gonna open my bar on Glenside!

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-02-22 18:32:33

Episode 11 - Dogfight

I finally managed to get at least 3 hours of sleep after everything that happened today. Seeing Wade die in front of us... He was our mentor, our best friend, almost our father. And now we've lost him, along with the NG HQ. Now we've made him a promise: Destroy the Fonias once and for all.

7:07 AM. Saminat entered the room and woke us up for breakfast. -C'mon, guys. Time to prepare for the flight of your life!- I saw Towel with his hand inside his pants. I woke up the team and I got dressed.

Breakfast was a little plain: Eggs ang waffles, some milk and coffee. Krinkels was going to end my rum's life -Hey! I too need alcohol, and you're drinking it all!- I said as I snatched my hip bottle from his hand; Noaxis fired her daily morning question -In which plane are we going? I don't quite like heights and close spaces- Sam swallowed his food and answered her question -Don't worry about that. The plane we're flying has enough space for us, but small enough for us to pass unseen.-

He showed us the plane at the airfield: A nice, gray painted, big-ass plane -Is this your definition of 'small enough'? Now you just need a sign that says "Free slaves for the Fonias Here"!- Slint didn't like very much the plane. ZJ disagreed -Nah. I think it's small enough. Is that a cargo hatch?- -Yea. Kind of a garage. I can only fit small stuff like motorcycles.- Sam responded. Then I deduced we could carry both my bike and Slint's.

We packed everything and prepared to leave this continent. We stored it all inside the plane, Sam helped us put the bikes inside the garage and turned the plane on. -This plane is old, so we need a few minutes to fly with the max efficiency- Sam told us as he was climbing down the cockpit. -So, if you forgot something or you need to do anything before we leave, it's now or never.- I remembered something I couldn't live without it. I ran directly to the room and grabbed a frame from the drawer: A family photo, my family; there was me, my sister, both of my parents, and my older brother. The Fonias took them away from me, and it's time to take it back.

I heard a toilet flushing. It was Cheshyre, he was still in underwear. -What? you're not coming with us?- Cheshyre replied -You think that? Dude, we have our families here! We can't just abandon them! You're going alone this time. and this is maybe the last time we see you.- I gave him a big hug -Thanks for everything, Sean.-

I also gave Krinkels a hug before climbing inside, I told the group to do the same. We climbed into thee plane, saying one last goodbye.

We saw the inside of the plane. Mclean told Joelle -Well, Joelle, I think you don't need to worry about the close space.- The indoors were huge: It was a comercial passenger plane with 2 rows of seats along the sides of the plane; in fact, there was also a third one in the middle, but it was removed, leaving a large open space; there was also a large ceiling and 2 estrooms, a coffee machine, a microwave and a mini fridge with MREs, water and dark beer. -Shit, Sam! this thing is huge! HOw the hell do you keep it in optimal condition?- Noaxis was surprised. A lot. -Just hard work. M'lady. Now, let's take a seat. The time has come.-

We sat on, put on the seatbelt, and then the plane started trembling while advancing. The planne lifted himself up in the air, and we had a lot of turbulence while that happened. And so it happened for 3 minutes; then the plane stopped having an earthquake. We heard Sam's voice from the speakers -OK, guys, you can take your seatbelt off, be free to do anyhing here unless it bothers me or ignites the plane.-

Slint went right to the fridge to get some beer for everyone while Towel was putting a table in the middle. Sam told us there was a Blu-Ray player in the front with a small TV. We saw the movie collection: SOme horror movies, MLP 3rd season, and lots of gory gun-spitting movies; after a long debate, we decided to watch 'Dredd' I could never get the chance to watch it before.

We felt a hard hit from behind. Sam yelled from the cockpit -Shit! Jus as I expected! The ant-bastard are behind us!!- The shots were shaking the plane like crazy, Slint tried his best not to spill his drink. -Guys! Put your seatbelts on! this' gonna get rough!-. We ran back to our seats and put on the seatbelt. I looked outside from the window; the Fonias' individual ships look like the Reavers from Gears of War. As soon as I saw it, it rammed us hard. -8, to the cockpit. Now!- Sam yelled.

-If we keep taking hits like this, we will fall from the sky in a matter of seconds.- Sam started talking to me. I said in a frightened tone -But what do we do about that?- -I can shoot the ones in from of me, but behind I need a gunner. There's a gunner seat in the back of the plane, you can access it through the blue door at the end of the alley. Here's the key.- Sam explained as he gave me a silver key. I went back to open it. There was a LMG sitting in a tripod and a chair with a seatbelt behind it. There was a hatch that could be opened. With only one eye, I wasn't going to get a nice aim.

-Noaxis! Over here!- She came to me as soon as possible. -Please tell me you can do this- -Don't worry, 8. Leave it to me.-
I opened the hatch and she started shooting the Reavers behind us; there were like 6 of them; I tried helping her as much as I could with Drake.

After 2 hours, lots of loops, evasive maneuvers, and ZJ vomiting, we could finally get rid of them. Sam checked his map -we're back en-route. We'll reach Spain in a few hours.- nIghttime fell onto us. Sam was still pilotting th plane with a mug of coffee near him. With the rest of the team asleep, it was only Noaxis and I.

We went back to the gunner's seat, Took her clothes, untied her bra, and let down her hair; she pulled my pants down, ripped my shirt off and took my bandana, then she pulled out a condom. In a few minutes, we were have intense, closed-spaced sex. I almost pulled the LMG's trigger. I never had that level of extasy in my life.

We landed in Barcelona. For our surprise, it was very well guarded and no Fonias were nearby. We slept in the plane. I was naked and I had Noaxis by my side.

We were now by the door to our biggest adventure ever. Because tommorow started the last days for the Fonias.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-02-25 20:44:07

FUCKING WRITER'S BLOCK!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED TO FINISH THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET ME WRITE IT!!!!!!!!!

I'll finish this story, even if I have to wait another 3 months! I'll finish it!!!

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-12 00:46:58

Episode 12 - Pamplona Gladiators, Part 1

Still naked. Noaxis by my side. Saminat taking a photo. What a nice way to start my first day in Europe.

-So, 8... Enjoyed last night's game?- It seems that Noaxis has the urge to fire her daily morning question, regardless of the place or outcome she is in. I stood up, put on my underwear, then looked in the mini fridge for something to eat.

We all went down the plane. Barcelona was huge! I could see the walls that protected the city that were very far away. Everything was very well guarded, the city was almost intact and the houses and buildings were all in a ideal state to still live.

-Well, we're no longer Mad Ops, there's no more Newgrounds. So I guess we can now use our real names. Right?- Towel said while looking around him. Joelle disproved him -The way I see it, I propose we still use our usernames, for covering our real identities.- We started walking around, looking for a place to buy food and water. We reached a nearby marketplace in a shopping district that was like the produce section in a supermarket; fresh fruit and veggies in every stand; there were also some stands that were selling ammo, clothes and water. -Well. I guess I'll stick with you a little more, then I'll return to USA- Saminat told me, admiring the scene.

-¡Pasen! ¡Pasen! ¡Plátanos frescos!- -nada melhor do que os nossos próprios morangos! passar!- -Le meilleur vin à Barcelone! Venez essayer!- Vendors speaking in all languages yelling their products, they all came to a different country to survive to those ant-bastards. When humanity is at a turning point, I like how we use all our destructive force to do something we should do everyday: Defend this planet. -Guys, look! a hostel! we can get some shelter there!- ZJ pointed at a big stone building, there was also a big sign. -"Casa de Huéspedes / Hostel". ZJ's right. Let's go.- I told the group.

After buying some stuff we needed, we went inside to get a room to sleep (even if it was awesome, I wasn't going to sleep in the plane again). The lobby didn't have much ornament. There was just some chairs, the walls painted brown with an old photo, an the receptionist was sitting behind a small desk. We paid the stay, McLean took the keys and went upstairs. The receptionist told us Room 513 was ours.

We climbed the stairs to the 5th floor, then went across the corridor to get to room 513. We went inside. After a long time sleeping in cots, and on the floor, I was happy to see a bed again: 2 bunk beds in a small room with 5 inflatable beds scattered. -I ask top!- I shouted inmediately. I put my backpack on one of the top, and took the opportunity to reload my guns and make some more Molotov's.

-Hey, idiots. You really need to see this panicked sucker.- Slint told us while looking outside. We all walked to him; there was a woman crying and screaming for help. We walked down the stairs and met with her. -¡Ayúdenme, por favor! ¡Se han llevado a mi hermano a Pamplona! ¡Lo van a hacer pelear como gladiador y él es muy débil!- -Joelle, please tell me what this human fountain is saying please.- McLean said in an irritated tone. Joelle translated -Somebody took her brother to Pamplona to fight in the arena. She need to rescue him. How about we do it?-. We looked at each other, and agreed. She took us to her van, and headed directly to a highway.

To entertain ourselves, ZJ told his story of how he reached the HQ, I helped translating:

Cincinnati, Ohio. Not the type of city in which the reputation helps. When the Fonias attacked, they built an enormous wall around it, and made a small arena. I did my best to survive volunteering as a server in a shelter, giving food to those in need. And so it happened like that for a few weeks. When I was exploring the city looking for supplies, I saw 3 assailants robbing an old man. I pulled out a shiv I made to defend myself, struck it in one sucker's knee, took his shotgun, then shot the other ones. One of them dropped a key and a piece of paper holding an address. I went to that place overnight and found a garage with lots of supplies, explosives and some weapons; and there it was. A beautifully waxed and completely functional Mitsubishi Eclipse 1999 in bloody red. I turned on the radio and heard the distress signal from Wade. I took everything I needed, started the engine and headed for the city's entrance. For my luck, the Fonias opened the doors to enter supplies, and I escaped. When I was running outta juice, I could always steal gas from the stranded cars on the road. When I almost reached Glenside. I found a guy who wanted a ride. We found out we were going to the same place.

On half-road, the woman stopped the van, blew a whistle and did a signal. 70 men came out of nowhere to abduct us. It was a trap. Slint beheaded the bitch, but we were surrounded. They pulled me outta the van, an I dropped almost all my stuff; I just had my Binary Sword, but they took it; they put a sack on my head, taped my hands, realeased my patch, and climbed me on a truck. The group was too busy killing the other guys to help me.

I couldn't see anything. I didn't know what time it was. All I knew...

I was heading for Pamplona, to fight for my life.

I need to win. I need to return to my group.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-12 13:38:01

so... yeah.

My writer's block wore off and I'm again ready to hit this story till the end.

Oh. Part 2 of this story arc will have a liittle change of perspective. Just wait for it.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-16 20:30:48

Episode 13 - Pamplona Gladiators, Part 2

I pulled out my Colt, and I started shooting at the wheels; the bullets bounced off. Those tires were thick. The rest of the team and I stared at the truck that was taking 8 away from us. We couldn't do anything about it.

-So we're just gonna stand here and let those sons of a bitch take him away?- McLean shoved me and made me look into his eyes.- -If we try to rescue him, that's only gonna get us killed. It's better to go back to the hostel and make a proper plan.- I said while taking his hands off my shoulders.

We all went inside the van. Saminat took the keys and started the engine. There was an absolute silence. ZJ broke the ice -I cannot believe this just happened. 8 was kidnapped in front of us and we just let it go.- Joelle said after him -I just can hope he finds a way to survive. He's never been alone this way... So close to death...- -We must not let this kind of thing get into our heads and incapacitate us. Let's reach the city and then make a plan.- Towel finished the conversation.

Sam suddenly stepped on the brake pedal. Slint made a large thud in the co-pilot's seat -Dude! What the fuck?! Did you see fuckin' Bruce Lee or what?!- Sam stuttered -G-G-Guys... Th-The road's blocked.- then he pointed to the horizon. A large Fonias scout ship parked in the middle of the highway, with a recon team around it, repairing it. -I we get any closer, we're toast.- McLean said, his eyes fixed on the ship. -I'm not gonna wait for them to leave. 1 second we waste here, 1 second less for 8.- I said. I opened the door, grabbed my Barrett, stood on the road, then looked through the scope; crosshair on the one bastard repairing.

I pulled the trigger. The repair dude's head exploded, leaving a black-tainted body; his comrades stood in shock, then looked around everywhere trying to find where the shot came from. Then one of them pointed at me. I quickly made a hole in his chest. I went back to the van. -C'mon, Sam! Floor it!-. The van burnt the wheels then accelerated. A lot. Two Fonias stood in front of the van then aimed. Joelle pointed out her Glock and eliminated them; the van made a large shaking as we passed over the dead bodies, but we made it to Barcelona.

-We have no idea how we're going to do this. We don't evn know where's the arena or if it's guarded of if the city is under invasion or anything!- Towel said while walking in circles around the room. I stood up, then looked at 8's backpack; it was lucky for me to him to drop it. I started to look inside, to see if I had any luck finding anything that could be useful for this situation; and then a piece of paper appeared. It was a blueprint of a Fonias arena, followed by a note:

I'm just thankful Wade gave me this blueprint in case someone was kidnapped into an arena. Maybe for practical purposes, maybe for tradition, maybe just because, every single Fonias gladiator arena is exactly the same. The same doors, benches, and cellars are in the same place, even the guarding stays in the same formation. This will be more than enough to know how to escape.

My eyes brightened with hope. -Guys! look at this! It's an arena blueprint! We now have clues of where he is!-. I put the blueprint over the table and we all stood around in a circle. Slint jumped happily -By the Pussy Gods! We can rescue 8 now! Let's go blow some dicks!- -No. We still don't know how the city is structured.- Sam said and made Slint stop bouncing. -Let's just go get some recon on Pamplona. We'll do it overnight so we don't raise any awareness.- ZJ settled to the team. Everyone agreed.

We took precautions. We took the plates off the van, then looked for something to re-paint the van. Luckly, we found a car workshop who did a nice paint job to the van. We paid the change, took the van, went back to the plane, took both bikes and started the mission.

We reached Pamplona. It definitely was dominated by Fonias as soon as we looked at the tall Fonias alloy wall around. ZJ looked at his wristwatch -1:27 AM. What a nice time to visit. Right?- We started to look around to see if it was any crack or secret ladder we could climb on. Joelle found something after a little while -I found something! A rope!-. We ran to her; there was a long rope that prolongued all its way to the top. -I'll climb- Towel said. -Wait! Here. Take a photo if you can.- ZJ told him as he pulled out his smartphone. Towel released a big sigh, climbed up, took photos, then went down. -*pant* *pant* I *pant* made it. *pant* The arena is near the wall. *pant* The slave den is near it. *pant*- What do we do? *pant*- I took ZJ's phone, then look at what Towel photographed. We made a plan. Slint called it 'Operation: MadSc8pe':

As soon as the wall is opened, we'd enter as merchants offering the bikes, We'd see if 8 fights that day; if not, we stay in the city. When 8 fights, we'd conceal his guns and take them to him as soon as he is in trouble or he wins. Then we release the slaves and use them as a distraction to escape silently.

Everything was made. We put up tents, and slept next to the city. Luckly there weren't any ant-bastards.

6:40 AM. The walls opened. It was time to Put MadSc8pe into action. We entered the city and went to the arena.

-Noaxis. Are you sure this plan will work?- Sam said to me.

-It has to.-

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-16 20:32:22

HEY LOOK! Noaxis is the protagonist! Isn't that neat?

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-17 04:43:48

Michal
i went to america with a plane before the invasion and then reached the newgrounds hq with a car
i am good with guns
brave
i am used to live in Portadown

http://bit.ly/1fQga8m

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-22 00:53:00

Episode 14 - Pamplona Gladiators, Part 3

(The following events are parallel with part 2)

I couldn't see anything with my head under the sack; there wasn't any way I could take off the tape from my hands; Inside the trailer was very hot and I was sweating a lot. I wasn't alone in that trailer, though. I heard a voice; He started to talk, in a marked Italian accent -Hey. Are you okay?- That was a big thud when they threw you. My name is Luciano. Yours?- It took me some time to find out where that voice came from. -I... don't like to be called by my name. Just call me 8-. I then heard there were more people there in the trailer. We all started telling stories about our lives to kill time. Then it was my turn to tell another story. And I had the perfect one: How I reached the NG HQ...

When the Fonias started the invasion, America took a little longer to get invaded. When it did, USA wasn't the first to get the Fonias' visit, it was Mexico. Cd. Juárez, just next to El Paso, Was the third big city that fell under the bastards' control. My parents, my brothers and I stayed in our house, defending it. And then it happened. Since we fended off some scout teams for a few months, they came back reinforced; my brother got shot in the head and died instantly, they grabbed the rest of my family. I tried my best to kill them, and then one of them slammed me against the wall, fainting me. When I woke up, my family was taken to the slave den, and my bro's corpse was no more. That's when I heard the distress signal from Wade for the first time. I took my departed uncle's trenchcoat, my lucky shoes, supplies and walked to El Paso. It was already the post- apocalypse, so many places were transformed into marketplaces. I went to an Academy sportstore, transformed into a market, looking for weapons. I bought an old sword and mouser pistols that were on sale. I then saw a bike in the parking lot with the keys on it. I decided to steal it. On my road, a Fonias platoon took me by surprise, and one of them slammed his spear in my right eye. When I killed them all, I made a makeshift patch then continued my travel. The day I arrived, it was raining...

We heard how the truck stopped. We were dropped in a slave den. They took the sack off my head. They took my trenchcoat, my shoes and my shirt, and gave me a bandage for me to use as a patch; When I wrapped it on my head, I saw how the took all of our clothes to a storage room. At least they didn't burn it.

Then, they walked us to the House, where all the gladiators trained. Luciano and I stood in the middle of the open patio. It was a dry grass-covered floor with a few trees which had lots of cuts due to the swords, all of this surrounded by 4 large stone walls; there were 12 other people, all with tons of scars, cuts and other injuries, torn pants, and no shirt. -Men, look! We have some fresh meat here!- said one of the big guys. Everyone laughed; I could never develop arm muscle, and I was in tank top, so I felt embarassed. I then heard a large hit in one of the walls. It was what they called "Warden". He had a taser in his hand, he was 50-something, and had a prothestic foot, he also was tall as hell. All of the gladiators stood in a line. leaving the new ones, including me, confused.

-I can now see the novices. 6 pieces of human flesh for the arena! And look at this. One of them has only one eye!- Warden said as he pointed at me. Warden then told the gladiators -OK, idiots. You know the drill. Pick a novice to be his trainer. Please, don't kill him. I want bodies that still move here.- They all picked their new trainee, but they ignored me. As I thought I was going to be training alone, a small guy, with some tan skin, bald, black eyes, a beard and massive pecs came to me. -Hello, I'm Marcos. What's your name?- -Just call me 8.- I replied. Marcos then said. -OK, "8". Let's get started. Since they threw you here. You may have some warrior abilities. Am I right?- I then responded -Well. I can handle a longsword fairly. You have something like that here?- -We do. Warden! A longsword, please!- Marcos shouted. Then some guy brought a bokken. It wasn't what I'm used to handle, but it was okay; Marcos went for a lance. -This is what I use in the battlefield. Let me see your skills.-

I really thought how I could be able to kill so many Fonias before, because now I was being humilliated by Marcos. Every slash I threw, he swiftly broke it, then hit me back with an incredible force. When the barraqge stopped, he lifted me up, and said in a calm voice -You need more technique. Online Kendo classes don't help very much.- And I passed that night training with Marcos, learning how to hold the sword, hhow to do a proper hit and a nice cut, prefectioning my skills. When I went to sleep. I felt like a new man, ready to take on anything they could throw at me.

5:43 AM. The clock on the House marked that when they woke us up. Warden put us all in a line then started talking -OK. You know here in Pamplona, He hold the Natural Selection to see if there's some potential in you. I'll pass the brochure to show how the program will be.- Then he passed us the brochure. I was the opening fight!!! I was the first one who was going to risk his life against who-knows!

-Don't worry, 8. With your knowledge, plus what I already taught you, you'll make it. I believe in you.- Marcos said to me. We went for breakfast. After I ate, I trained a little more before the fight.

10:04 AM. Time to go to the arena. They tied us up with chains, and walked us to the arena. My destiny awaited me beyond that wall and into a large blood-covered floor. I only knew my opponent's name, Emmett Waylon. That wasn't any help. I could only hope for the best. Live or die, two options you don't want at any time. but you must face it someday. That day for me was today. I walked inside the prep room...

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-03-30 14:38:11

Episode 15 - Pamplona Gladiators, Part 4

Emmett Waylon. That was the only topic that was on my head while I was preparing to fight. They put me special sandals, iron greaves, MMA gloves and a makesift metal body armor. But I didn't care about that. Who is this Emmett Waylon? Is he big? What are his weapons going to be?

-Listo. Haz que no te maten- Said the one who was dressing me up. -Todavía no me dan un arma- I told the dresser, they still haven't given me a weapon. -Oh. Perdón. Te estábamos reservando algo especial. Vuelvo en un instante.- Something special? At this kind of situation, I can't expect anything. And then he came back. I guess it WAS especially for me. It was my Binary Sword, polished and ready to destroy everything. -Tuvimos un acuerdo. Si vas a morir, es mejor que mueras con algo que es tuyo ¿No?- I held it in my hands. I thought "I can just behead this fucker and get out of here! But... I've seen how guarded this place is. It's not a good idea."

They walked me to the exit gate that leaded directly to the arena. I then heard the announcer. -Damas y caballeros!! Ladies and gentlemen!! Welcome to the Pamplona Draft. We have a fresh batch of new gladiators willing to test their strength. The victorious ones will stand among the new Pamplona Gladiators! Let's welcome the first newbie!- They opened the exit door. -He has a cold face, only one eye, and a big sword. Shrouded in mystery, let's welcome "8"!- I walked into the arena, blood stains everywhere; the peole were screaming and whistling in a frantic way. The people then shouted "Waylon!" "Waylon!" "Waylon!". That wasn't good for me.

-And to test this new guy, we have everyone's favorite executioner. Emmett Waylon! The Scared Beast!!- Another gate across the arena opened. A fat ginger man entered with a glaive and a huge shield. He had stapled on his armor pieces of skin, which probably was from his victims. I had no other option but to fight with this fatso to the death. And by the way I saw it, my odds were microscopic.

He ran directly at me, lifting his glaive up in the air. I dogded the blow right before he could hit me. He then dropped his shield, took his glaive with both hands and ran again, this time he extended his weapon so I couldn't dodge it. I blocked it with my sword, we were looking closely to each other's face. He then said with a sadistic voice -You ready to be execued?!- I told him with a determined tone -You ready for THIS?!?!- I kicked his balls. When he dropped his guard, I took the chance to try and cut his throat. I missed, but I managed to do some damage, slashing his left arm. He did a demented scream and threw a punch; I felt that one from head to toe. I fell to the floor, seeing how Emmett held his glaive like a golf club, ready to use my head for a hole-in-one. I slided between his legs, stood on his back, and did another slash. I really pissed him off with that one, because he did a quick slash, cutting the straps of my body armor and cutting part of my torso.

We both were damaged and bleeding. The next hour was just weapong clinging, blocking, kicking, dodging, cutting, hacking and slashing. I clearly was losing, because Emmett had all that fat, and my cuts weren't doing him real damage. Just as I thought my death was coming, I heard a gunshot, then a huge gush of blood.

The public started screaming and running away as I was recovering. I saw Emmett on the ground, with his brains sticking out of his head. I then saw up in th arena's ceiling. Noaxis! It was her! But my joy didn't last long. Both arena guards and Fonias entered right out to kill me. I then saw ZJ coming, shooting everything with his shotgun. -8! Catch!- he shouted as he threw me Falcon. I catched it, and started unloading the mag to the ant-bastards. -I'm really glad to see you again, guys!- I told ZJ, he interruted me -Yeah, yeah. C'mon! Shoot some bullets, will you?- He gave me another mag -Follow me. We need to release the slaves.- ZJ shouted as we entered through a door.

After a couple of minutes cutting through the alleys, we made it to the slave den. While we were opening the cells, I remembered something. -ZJ. I need to grab something from the storage room.- I then ran to that place where my trenchcoat was. It took me quite the time, but I found it on a corner. I put it on and I rushed back to the cells...

ZJ was on the floor, bleeding. A shiv was stuck right on his stomach. -Crap! ZJ!! C'mon, don't die on me!- I quickly lifted him up. -A crazy slave was hiding a shiv in his hand. He stabbed me, thinking I was a guard. He's now dead... I'm dying, man...- -No! You're not dying here! C'mon!- I put his arm on my neck and tried to walk him.

A bunch of Fonias blocked the path when we were almost outside. -8... Go on without me... Here... my backpack...- He gave me his bag. -Go...! there's another exit path!- he said as he pointed another gate behind me. I ran as I saw how ZJ unloaded his FAMAS with the Fonias. The las thing I heard was a plasma shot and a big thud.

I was now outside. Surprisingly, by bike was there. And I heard a voice from the radio. -8! can you hear me?- It was Slint. I quickly answered. -Guys! I'm so glad you found me! Where are you?!- I heard Joelle replying -We're outside the city! Hurry before the doors close! We left you something on the bag.- I'd check the bag later. I had a deadline.

I quickly started the engine, then pulled out Falcon to clear the way. I saw a ramp that eaded over some houses. I accelerated and drived directly to the ramp. I quicly made it to the doors. I got out of there. There was a van in the middle of the highway. It was the team. They were waiting for me.

-8! You made it! It's all over!- Towel yelled, then they all ran at me, and gave me a big hug. -Wait a minute... Where's ZJ?- Noaxis said, ruining the joy. -He didn't made it. He made a sacrifice so I could get outta there...- I said. I then remembered the bag on the bike. It was mt patch. I put it on. -This is not staying like this. We're ending this once and for all. WE'LL DESTROY THE MOTHERSHIP!!!!!!!!- I shouted in rage. They all shouted with me.

We went back to the hostel to rest. Tomorrow we'd check out, and then we'd start our trip to destroy the Fonias. NOt forgetting to help people on the way.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-04-07 17:37:40

ONE DOWN...

THREE TO GO

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-05-04 19:12:38

Episode 16 - Traitor

ZJ's dead.

That is all what we had in our heads while going back to the plane to say Saminat farewell. I wasn't even on the mood to drive my bike, so McLean mounted it. I peeked inside ZJ's backpack: There was his wallet, his smartphone with solar charger, a frag, a couple of painkillers, his knife and his MP3. I took the wallet and opened it. There was his driver's licence, some money and a photo of him, happily holding a brand-new 3DS. At least we can keep a vague memory of him.

-We're here. End o' the adventure for you. Sam.- Joelle said as he stopped the van. We went down and approached the plane; -I guess it's the last time I see you guys.- Sam told us, I saw a tiny tear rolling down his eye. -One last photo to remember? I got an instant camera on the plane.- He got inside and out quickly. We took two selfies, one for Sam, another one for us. I held high ZJ's photo so he could appear on the picture. To end it, we gave him a big hug, I hugged him last. -Thanks so much for helping me this couple of days.- I told him. -It wasn't any problem. I never had this level of excitement since I piloted my first plane.- He said. We gave him a last good-bye as he was climbing on the plane. We then saw the plane flying away from us. There was no going back now.

We climbed onto the van and started heading for Greece. We knew it was a very long way to go, but we had food for a couple of weeks, more than enough ammo, and many gallons of gasoline to keep on rolling many days. Noaxis then looked an Europe map she bought. -Going on the highway isn't the best option. We must get a boat and cross all the way to Greece. But where are we gonna get a boat?-

So we started exploring the city, looking for answers. Everyone told us there wasn't any functional boats nearby, but they knew where we could get one: Montpellier, in France. Noaxis looked again in her map -Highway E15 is our best option. Let's get going.- Towel then said -We can just hope for the best, and since I can't ensure we're all gonna survive, I'll pray just for the end of the Fonias.-

And so our travel began. Many hours of road crossing, chatting, Fonias battling and resting; We crossed the mountains to France. We reached Le Boulou, a small town. Now there were only ruins of a town, but there was plenty of trees and plants with edible fruits and veggies; Like I said before, Fonias respect Mother Nature.

We slept in the van under a hollow tree. We got some sleep after a troubled yesterday. 10:36 AM when I saw the clock on ZJ's smartphone. As we were eating breakfast, Slint saw something not very far from we were eating. It was a lone Fonias. -WOO! This should open the day with style! Let me blow this fucker's head!!- Slint shotued as he was lifting up his revolver; he was aiming to his head, but suddenly...

-NO! Don't shoot! Please!!- The ant-bastard spoke!! Slint dropped his weapon. the Fonias came directly at us, we rushed to him and slammed him onto the ground. I pulled my Binary Sword. -Please don't!! I'm not armed!! I don't even have the army's white bandana!!- he begged for his life, I put the sword against his neck. -OK, son of a bitch, speak up! We thought Fonias couldn't speak at all!- McLean started yelling at him. -Well, I built a translator and integraded it to my chest.- I decided it was no use to us to keep him on the ground. I let him get up. -Start explaining. Who are you? Why are you alone?- Noaxis said in a serious voice.

-My name is Yamesu. I was an engineeer that worked at the Fonias mothership, building tools. I betrayed them by giving information to some rebels. they pursued me and then the exile. I walk alone since 3 cicles ago. That's like 5 months for you humans. I want this apocalype to end. I didn't want to come to this planet. What my race is doing with yours is insane, and I can't keep seeing this anymore.-. I told him -Well you can help us. We're on our way to destroy the mothership in Greece. Tell us how to reach it- Yamesu then said - I've got a better idea. Come to where I live. I won't tell you where the mothership is, I'll tell you where the mothership is AND I'll give you a blueprint of the mothership.-

We accepted. We climbed on the van and the bikes, Yamesu climbed over the van. We started our engines and went to Yamesu's home. It was a big, abandoned military outpost in the middle of nothing. We saw there was many boxes with ammo, so we took what we needed. -OK, Yamesu. Where's the map?- Joelle said; Yamesu entered in a small tent and got out, holding the blueprint, a Fonias transmitter and his plasma spear. He then stood in front of us.

-You know it was a big mistake to trust me, right?- Slint then told him -Yeah. That's why I put a little C4 on your abdomen while you weren't watching.- He pulled out the detonator and pressed the button. I heard a loud bang then I saw a big splatter of black blood coming towards me. While I was wiping the blackness out of my face, I heardYamesu's transmitter beeping annoyingly, I shot it. I picked up the blueprint, I guess he was telling a little bit of truth, it really wa the blueprint of the mothership.

We got so distracted seeing it, we forgot we needed to get outta there. A scout ship came and fired the big guns towards us. We ran as fast as we could to the van, and during the run, Joelle tripped and fell; the scout ship aimed directly at her and started firing. McLean rushed back to help her get up, but instead, he recieved all hostile fire for Joelle.

I ran back to Joelle to pick her upshe took McLean's pouch. Towel then unloaded his shotgun at the ship, in a desperate attempt to take the ship down. The ship then stopped firing, and a black smoke cloud appeared outta the back. I heard voices from Yamesu's translator: "You've got to be kidding me? What do you mean by general overheating?!". I guessed it was from the ship, so I decided to rip the translfrom Yamesu's dead chest. We ran to the van and bikes and went back into the road as fast as possible.

-McLean gave his life for me... A dumb girl that tripped with who-knows-what...- Joelle whispered in shock. Towel calmed her down -That's right! He gave his life so you kan keep living! His death wasn't your fault!- Joewiped her tears..

Slint and I on the blikes, and the rest on the van another member was down, but that wasn't going to stop us from destroying the Fonias race. We were driving, sunset behind us, and the French grasslands to complete the frame. A beautiful scene to calm us down.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-05-04 20:22:32

Another writer's block. But completely justified! I had a big physics project, my cousins stayed for a weekend, and many other things!

Also... I'm seeing people no longer pay atention to this thread

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-07-25 19:36:05

Episode 17 - Happy Birthday!

September 25, 2019, it's good to see ZJ's smartphone still able to tell the exact date. My birthday was the next day, I'd be turning 22, but that wasn't going to relieve me in any way, since we lost McLean. I looked out the window, Towel and Joelle driving the motorcycles. -Noaxis, can you please give me McLean's pouch?- I asked her; she quietly gave it to me; Inside was his lighter, a pan, a pot, a permanent marker, and his multi-tool. I took the marker and closed the pouch, I pulled a piece of paper from my backpack and wrote on it "Happy Birthday to me... tomorrow." and then I put it on my chest. Noaxis stared at me and said suddenly -Oh my Gosh!!! Happy birthday, 8! I completely forgot!!-. she gave me a big hug, then we stopped so everyone could hug me.

We detoured to Leucate, a coast city. Slint stopped the van on a gas station to check if there was anything we could get. Two old men came out of the corner store, armed and ready to fire upon us. Towel was about to pull out his machete when Joelle started talking to them. -Bonjour, nous sommes à la recherche pour les fournitures. Avoir une essence de rechange?- One of them nodded a yes, then replied -Mais en échange, nous voulons de l'eau. Et la nourriture.- Joelle translated -They do have gas, but we need to give them food supplies.- I agreed. We gave them a gallon of water, fresh veggies and seeds, and little junk food we were eating. They gave us more than enough gas. -Attention pour ceux dégoûtant extra-terrestres- said the other old man. We waved good-bye.

We stopped on a donut shop on ruins to see if I could get something for myself. We were lucky to find the ingredients to make a few for ourselves. We mixed the flour, the water, some well-preserved yeast and the eggs (Where did we found eggs? Let's say there were hens walking on the street.) We baked them and put a little sugar on top. 6 donuts just for us. We slept on the donut shop that day.

Noaxis woke me up with a nice masagge on the neck -Hey there, sweetie. Want your birthday cake?- I'll never get tired of her daily morning questions. I sitted on a chair, in front of the donuts. There was a little match stuck on one of them, Towel lighted it up. -Make a wish!- I blew the match. -....I wish for this madness to end.-. We all took a donut and ate them calmly.

We picked up our stuff and got out of the store, and went to the beach. There was a Fonias patrol team coming directly at us. I heard a voice from Yamesu's translator -You can't be here! The martial law is still on! Go back to your home!-. They started firing their plasma spears. We started running as I lighted some Molotov. -Guys, here. Throw them at the count of 3!- I said as I gave Towel, Slint, Joelle and Noaxis a cocktail. -1... 2... 3!!- I shouted. We threw the cocktails at the ant-bastards. I turned around and shot them, breaking them open and setting the Fonias on fire. We stopped running to see how they burned to a crisp, I could hear nothing but screams on the translator.

-Martial Law? These bastards are messed up! Let's go kill them all!!!- Slint shouted; Towel stopped him on the spot -No... There are occasions where we can't help. I know you want to kill any Fonias you see, but that's something I'd call "Overkill"-- A siren interrupted Towel's speech. People, along with more Fonias, started getting out of the buildings; the Fonias were hurting no-one, and everybody kept on doing their day, we concealed our weapons, went back to the van and bikes, and started driving slowly around the city's downtown: Women washing their clothes, markets opening, a dealer giving Krokodil to a Fonias. Leucate didn't really need us. I wondered if an alien dictator could really help this planet; that idea was instantly discarded by the fact Fonias killed thousands and thousands of people.

We were running short on money so I decided to sell my paintball gun; even though it wasn't much money, but we had a little more to keep buying supplies. We got out of the city, hoping too see another one like that on out road, with humans and Fonias living on at least relative harmony, not slavery. Though the odds of completion were small, we still had a mission to do.

That was a nice birthday...

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2014-12-02 16:09:20

Episode 18 - Boot Camp

We kept on rolling and trying to advance through the decayed french highway. The sunset was relaxing and kept me from thinking everything we were doing was in vain. I tried to keep my mind from those thoughts and focused on the scenery; so many wildlife galloping, running and crawling on the sideroad through the plains.

Suddenly Joelle stopped the van, Slint and I followed. She took the gas keg, and poured its contents in the tank. -That's the last keg. We need to get to a city to refill. Now.- She said in a serious manner. Noaxis checked the surroundings and noticed a roadsign, so she read it out loud -Béziers | 50. That means a city is nearby. Let's keep going.- We quickly got on out vehicles and kept forward.

We reached Béziers at midnight. We could not see clearly under the moonlight, so we parked behind some houses, put up the tent, and slept there. I needed that sleep after the I-don't-know-how-many-hours drive.

I woke up with a plasma spear pointed towards my forehead. My blurry vision let me see a lone Fonias ready to shoot; just before I could react, my sword went through his neck from behind. I rolled to a side so the corpse wouldn't fall on me. Noaxis stood behind, with my sword in both hands and still on her pajamas, and fired her daily morning question -Why the fuck do you leave your stuff away from you? I barely got your sword to kill this and other one outside!-; I peeped outside the tent to see another beheaded Fonias. I got up and put on my clothes. we disarmed the tent and stored it on Slint's backpack. We ate breakfast and decided to take a walk around the city... or the remains of it, as it was run down to ashes.

just a few trading stands, selling ammo and clothing, but nothing else nearby, so we kept on walking. And then we saw an university campus, we couldn't see how it was named because the sign had so many bullet holes it ended up like Gruyere cheese. It was very well guarded by military men and women with makeshift guns; we walked to one of them and asked for any spare gas. -Look, no free anything around here unless you can pay for it. But... We can make an exception in exchange for a favor.- He respoded, in a thick English accent. Towel had no time for that. -Cut the bullshit. What do you want?- -We need instructors for the teens here to teach them how to fend for themselves, and by first glance, you look like you can seriously kick some butt- the guard replied. He showed us a map of the campus he had drawn vaguely in a piece of paper. -The Dean's office is in building A. Go left after you see the white fountain and keep straight. Third door to your right.- The guard explained the directions.

And so we followed his directions. We looked around as we walked to the Dean's office: Both adults and adolescents everywhere crafting either clothes, accesories or ammo for their weapons; Noaxis strayed away to get some shells for our shotguns, since we were running low on that kind of ammunition.

We reached the office and entered. -My men told me americans were coming this way to check on the instructor issue...-. The dean said in a high-pitched voice with her sitting towards her window. -Please tell me you have some skill to offer to our students...-. She turned her chair around...

We saw a freaking 11-year old girl with a ponytail and a secretary suit sitting before us! -What the fucking hell is wrong with these guys around here?! Why is some idiot's daughter sitting on the dean's chair?!- as soon as Slint said that, the little girl already was over the desk and having a Tomcat next to his cheek. -It's Dean Elena Parker for you, dickwad.-. She put down the gun and started talking again -Back to the topic, what we need right now is someone who instructs them into defending and shooting a gun. Please, stay as much time as you need.-.

We went back to our parking site, and took our vehicles into the campus. Dean Parker was waiting for us at the parking lot -We have arranged a room for you five, it's in building F-. She then showed us the point on our map. As we walked to our dormitory, many bonfires lighted out way with teens singing around them. Towel then said -Hey. How about we screw the mothership and we stay here forever? they got everything to prosper, we can take advantage of that and live happily here.- -I made more than a mission briefing back at Glenside; I made a promise to Wade. I'm not staying here- I then said, my eye fixed forward.

Next day, we were sent to different places in the campus to serve as the Fonias-killing teachers. I was sent to the college gym, where a shooting compound was consructed. I stood in front of more than forty-five of 14-to-17-year old teenagers. -Who here has shot a gun before?- I fired my first question, without even pesenting myself Almost everyone raised their hand. -Ok. Keep them raised. Who here can say they have expierence firing one?- More than a few put down their hands. -All right. Who here has killed a Fonias before, with a gun?- A few others put their hands down. -Good. Last question... Who here has killed another human being before?- Everyone else put their hands down except for a couple of girls who raised them again.

I stood motionless in front of them and resumed my speech -Ok. Yo can call me "8". Don't even think about asking me my real name. that will prevent me from trusting you. I was part of...- My speech explaining my background continued for a few minutes before starting with the real class. -I'll ned some guys with expierence here to teach the untrained ones ow to handle and fire a gun. The rest, follow me.- The class I'd be training was reduced to a mere 26.

The class and I spent the entire morning with guns on our hands. I teached them how to clean and dismount a pistol, how to craft add-ons for rifles and once the class was finished, I told them a few past stories when the NG HQ still existed.

My team ended its day exausted. Back at our room we Talked about our classes. -I thaught those twats how to be a nuclear-powered badass motherfucker!- Slint started showing off and exaggeting the fact that he simply thaught them nuclear physics. -I Thaught them how to make a fishing rod, and also fishing.- Noaxis resumed the talk. -I was stuck teaching a bunch of potheads first aid techniques. I hate pot- Joelle talked with an angry tone. -Me? I... had to learn to craft buckshot. Even though I had to teach that.- Poor Towel... -They still haven't given us gas. Does that mean we have to stay a bit more?- Noaxis said, uneasy. -Doesn't matter now. Let's sleep.- I told her.

My sight was fixed un on the ceiling, thinking about what Towel said yesterday. What if we dump the mission and we stay here on this place, peacefully? We had everything, and I chose to turn my back on that for the sake of destroying the mothership. Did I made the right choice?

BBS Signature