00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops

6,830 Views | 75 Replies

S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 01:24:29

Some days ago, CosmicRainbow made a short story called Survival of the Newgrounders, where six selected users were included in the story and put in a freezing apocalypse. The story wasn't what I expected, and when he said we were in total freedom of making our own, I said "fuck it, I'm doing my own". This is Mad Ops, and this MY story.

The year is 2018, a mysterious ship came from outer space holding a conqueror alien race we humans called Fonias ("killer" in Greek). Our race tried to protect the Earth, but the Fonias were superior in size and technology, and killed tons of innocent people, and enslaved many more. We returned to the ancient Rome, With emperors and slaves, and markets... and Gladiators.

Tons of resistances have formed worldwide, and many are still functional. The Newgrounds HQ at Glenside, Pennsylvania is one of them. Though small, this resistance is slowly growing bigger and bigger. Former NG users are reuniting in there thanks to a weak signal sent by an agonizing Wade Fulp.

Just like in the previous Survival of the Newgrounders, you get the chance to be Part of this story. Use the website innawoods.net to create your character followed by your data in this form.

USERNAME:
HOW I'D LIKE TO BE CALLED IN THE STORY:
BACKDROP(how I reached the NG HQ):
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
TRAITS:
CITY I USED TO LIVE:

Please be realistic! I don't want super-powerful juggernauts (maybe one).

The entries close this Friday, and only Five will be selected to participate in MMMMAAAAADDDDD OOOOOOOPPSSS!!!!
I'll send my character last an I hope to write, at least, every two days.

See you in a few days!
-8madness

Gonna open my bar on Glenside!

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 02:42:59

At 10/30/13 01:24 AM, 8madness wrote:

USERNAME: ZJ

HOW I'D LIKE TO BE CALLED IN THE STORY: ZJ

BACKDROP(how I reached the NG HQ): Drove in my 1999 Red Mitsubishi Eclipse by stealing gas along the way

SKILLS & ABILITIES:

- Able to survive at length in wilderness with limited supplies

- Has car that can be used if provided with gasoline

- Good people skills

- Doesn't require much food or sleep to operate

TRAITS:

- Knowledgable about survival situations and outdoors

- Brave

- Friendly

- Adaptable

CITY I USED TO LIVE: Cincinnati, Ohio

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 06:53:54

USERNAME: FlakJaketPro

PREFERRED NAME: Anything you want to call me.

BACKDROP (How you got to the NG offices): After walking about a mile, I got tired. I hitched a ride with some cult people heading down to NYC, then drove a broken down Yugo who's transmission would cease to function for a moment every 15 minutes. I arrived at the Newgrounds office at the trail end of the group, knowing from my years of shitposting that the only way to survive an apocalypse is with flashlights, Lasers, and weather. I then knew the Brothers Fulp would be my saviours.

SKILLS: Conversationalist +5 Speech
Drone- When around either a famous Newgrounder or NG staff member will work better.
Quick Learner
Taskmaster- +1 to all non-combat related stats/

TRAITS: I tell jokes because I am a fucker
I like history and want to talk about it with people
I like talking politics
I suck at fighting and athletic stuff, but I'm great at almost anything else.
I will watch you in your sleep
I want to be everyone's best friend

CITY OF ORIGIN- TROY, NEW YORK

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 07:44:06

YEAH MR WHITE
USERNAME:
Slint
BACKDROP (How you got to the NG offices):
Nuclear powered bike
SKILLS:
-Fucking science skills and shit
-Nobody beats me at melee, NOBODY
-Fucks tons of bitches
-Pussy gaem ridiculous
TRAITS:
-Melee and science skills of the chartz
-Charisma off the chartz
-Perfect aim with those two guns, can make makeshift ammo and shit
-Smells like pussy cause of pussy gaem
-Believes in the gods of pussy and is atheist

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 09:46:16

USERNAME:
TowelMarket

Towel

I have been driving from Arizona to Glenside, Pennsylvania to reach the Newgrounds HQ while trying to escape from Fonias. They have managed to wound me, but nothing serious.

SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- melee combat professional
- Benelli M2 marksmanship
- medical experience

TRAITS:
- merciless
- likes heavy metal music
- self-conceit

CITY I USED TO LIVE:
Glendale, Arizona

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 09:50:45

What is writing forum for?

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 14:13:53

At 10/30/13 02:10 PM, Thor wrote:

The picture implies that you're clothed, but your loadout says otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 14:15:16

At 10/30/13 02:13 PM, DM692 wrote:
At 10/30/13 02:10 PM, Thor wrote:
The picture implies that you're clothed, but your loadout says otherwise.

yeah lol hes naked with a helmet

Sig by Techno Last.FM

It's time to d-d-dddddduel

Rapefunk Myanimelist

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 19:55:31

I made a version of this guy for the last game but hopefully this one will stay a game with fun and participation and all that.

User: Stafffighter

Character name: Stafff

Backdrop: He got there slowly and carefully, fighting when he had to but never sticking his neck out to be a hero

Skills:
General camping and survival
First aid
Equipment maintenance
Fights with brutal efficiency when there's no other choice

Traits:
Helpful but not social
Adaptable (see the redundant weapons that could be my own back up or tossed to an ally in need)
Very strong
Hopeful the real world will come back

City of origin: Boston

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 20:32:01

These bags are pretty heavy, I'll tell you hwat.

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-30 20:38:36

USERNAME:
OmegaweaponV5.

Gill.

I skydive my way to the NG HQ.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Can kill a bear with a bark from a tree.
Better with hand to hand combat.
Expert on explosives.

TRAITS:
50+ defense.
A bit slower than other soldiers.
He hates bears.

CITY I USED TO LIVE:
Tampa, Florida

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-31 18:44:40

Ok, guys, tomorrow the entries are closed and then the story! Just remember I'll send my character last so you get an idea of who's gonna be your leader.
About the story, I'm expecting to do al least 15 episodes, but I'm not sure about that. I'll PM those five people who get selected for the story. You also know I'll be accepting suggestions for the story development, and maybe a little advice.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's selection, and maybe the first episode.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-31 20:28:38

I'll bite.

At 10/30/13 01:24 AM, 8madness wrote: USERNAME:

Noaxis

Noaxis

Was one of the lone survivors in the neighborhood abduction, staked out for a bit before with my raido. Few days later heard the distress signal from Wade. Packed and and headed to NG, got there pretty quick due to not being far.

SKILLS & ABILITIES:

Former fisherman, good with knives and gathering food.
Decent with a gun due to past hunting experience.

TRAITS:

Optimistic
Prepared and experienced in living off little to nothing
Cautious

CITY I USED TO LIVE:

Pittsburgh

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-10-31 22:30:15

Guyz, I stand corrected. They'll be SIX selected instead of just five. I thought it'll be more fun like that.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 17:52:44

Congratulations! These are the six that will form part in Mad Ops!!!

@ZJ

@Slint

@TowelMarket

@Shade

@Joelle

@Noaxis

Sorry for the other ones who didn't made it, but these people are what I need for the story.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 18:07:41

At 11/1/13 05:52 PM, 8madness wrote: Congratulations! These are the six that will form part in Mad Ops!!!
@Noaxis

Hell yes, lets do this.

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 18:10:15

At 11/1/13 05:52 PM, 8madness wrote: @Slint

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 18:29:26

USERNAME: 8madness

HOW I'D LIKE TO BE CALLED IN THE STORY: 8

BACKDROP: I heard the distress signal from Wade from my home, got a bandana, grabbed my uncle's trenchcoat and started my jouney to Glenside. Reached an Academy sportstore transformed into a market. Got some pistols and a sword, then stole a bike. Got food along the way and kept chatting with some people with my radio.

SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
)Trained Kendo; expert in sword combat
)Experience in crafting; can make wooden swords with the right components.
)Former Boy Scout; some experience in first aid and survival
)Trained MMA with his brother; some experience in bare fist combat

TRAITS:
)LOVE alcohol, coffee and card games
)LOVE stabbing, and putting stuff on fire
)Lost an eye due to a Fonias attack; aim decreased
)My catchphrase: "Engendro del Averno!" ("Sweet Hellborn")

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 18:36:01

Shit, forgot something.

CITY I USED TO LIVE: Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, México

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 22:01:17

Episode 1 - Cheezus! Five Star Service!

It was raining. A few more kilometers to Glenside and my motorcycle was soaring the road like a bullet. I was getting the last shreds of my Big League Chew when I heard the distress signal from Wade Fulp: "This is Wade Fulp, transmitting from th NG Offices. I need help from every Newgrounder out there. The Fonias have killed Tom, and I want revenge, but I can't do this alone. Meet me at the NG HQ in Glenside Pennsylvania. Please, come.". I turned off the radio, I wanted some peace and enjoy the scene.

I reached Glenside, those damn aliens seem to have never came; the town looked like a forest now, and the NG HQ now looked like a forest bunker. I wasn't the first to get to the HQ that day, she was there, she looked tired.

-Seems you got here pretty quick- I said; she smiled. -You wish, I walked from Pittsburgh-. She must be pretty strong and lucky to walk without crossing with any Fonias convoy. She interrupted my thoughts. -Come on. I need to show you something.-

We walked in as she was putting down her Barrett. -What's your username, by the way? Mine's Noaxis- I was in doubt for a second why she did't want my real name, but I wasn't going to question her. -uhh... 8madness, but you can call me just... 8". We went upstairs and we encountered with THE Wade Fulp, with his goatee, but three of his fingers were missing. -I'm glad more users came, I like how this rebellion is growing- He was interrupted by the sound of a car outside, Noaxis went outside to check it; two men came out of the red car.

-Hi, I'm ZJ and this is Shade- said the first guy, then he took out his sport glasses -Please, call me McLean- said the second one. We presented ourselvs as I offered what was left of my bubblegum, they declined. -Nice car!- I said, -Mitsubishi Eclipse 1999, this bad dog stomped some Fonias in this little trip-

We spent a few hours with Wade when we heard another car sound, this time more silenced. A limo. A beautiful but lethal girl went down; a third car appeared a few seconds later.

ZJ tried to impress the girl but she stared at him coldly -Nunca me mires a los ojos, pendejo- she said, I understood her perfecly, as I was Mexican, she walked direcly to Wade. -Good Afternoon, Joelle is my username, and I came to form part of your rebellion-.

Towel appeared later from the other car, He just presented and went straight inside. I felt like in another universe, I died with him.

Finally, Slint appeared in a motorcycle with what it looked like uranium in the back, he threw a knife in the air while yelling -Who's ready to destroy some Foni-ass?!?!?!?!?!- He catched the knife -Slint is the bad motherfucker under this shit-

Atthe end of tat day, we were drinking some coffee and tea made by me and Joelle. Wade said -Feel free to sleep wherever you want. This is your house now-. Slint Yelled -Cheezus! Five Star Service!- Noaxis and I were playing Blackjack that night. I slept with the hopes of a better future...

Slint probably slept hoping to pee on a Fonias head.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 22:06:21

Sorry for the bad grammar, the second episode will have way more spelling

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 22:42:46

At 11/1/13 10:01 PM, 8madness wrote: Slint is the bad motherfucker under this shit-

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-01 23:44:37

At 10/30/13 07:44 AM, Slint wrote: YEAH MR WHITE

GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-02 00:51:55

At 10/30/13 01:24 AM, 8madness wrote: USERNAME:

CiviLies

Jimbo Bob

A morphine super-addict who "chased the dragon" all the way there

SKILLS & ABILITIES:

-Extreme morphine tolerance grants near-immunity to physical pain for long periods of time, even while off morphine (which is rare)
-One bad-ass motherfucker when it comes to close combat (even while on morphine)

TRAITS:

-Usually relaxed, volatile if gone for too long without morphine
-Feels anxious without a constant supply of toilet paper (and morphine)
-Psychotic, incoherent, weird-ass tweaker

CITY I USED TO LIVE:

Nashville

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-02 13:29:04

At 11/2/13 08:30 AM, Joelle wrote:

We spent a few hours with Wade when we heard another car sound, this time more silenced. A limo. A beautiful but lethal girl went down; a third car appeared a few seconds later.

ZJ tried to impress the girl but she stared at him coldly
I'm a boy irl but whatever :D Being a girl is fun.

Aww, fuckin hell. Oh well, the story has to continue

Sorry for the confusion.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-02 16:10:34

Episode 2 - Follow the Leader.

9 AM. I woke up to the smell of MRE's and tea. I looked around: 45 or more newgrounders still sleeping. I stood up to see both Joelle and Towel getting breakfast.

-Hi there, 8. You seem to have slept very well- Towel said. I reached my hip bottle, drank a pint of rum, put my eye patch and went with them to eat. I saw Wade coming to us, I offered him rum, he accepted. -you three seem to have some early habits- We agreed, Towel took a bite and said -well, I'm used to waking up at 7:30 AM since I was a child, that was the hour when the sun was striking my eyes im my bed- Joelle saw us and said -Excuse me but I need to patrol the area. Wish me luck- She took her Glock and went outside. While she walked through the exit door, the rest of the guys I met were waking up.

Wade gave me back my rum while saying -We have more than enough food, but were running out of water. Mind if you and your group go get some at the river in Philadelphia?- -Wait, wait... My group?- Wade laughed and told me -Yeah. McLean, Joelle, ZJ, Slint, Noaxis and Towel- -But I don't even know them!- I said, but Wade smiled -I see in you seven that you're gonna make the perfect team, I believe in all of you.-

Wade reunited us and said -From now on, you 7 are going to be a squad. You're gonna eat together, you're gonna sleep together and you're gonna fight together. Capisce?- ZJ raised his hand like a middle schooler and said -But I have a question. Who's going to be our leader?- Wade looked at me, then everyone did. McLean said in shock -Him!?!?!?! Don't you see he lost an eye! I can't imagine what will happen to us!- I covered my eye patch with my hand in shame. Wade said -OK, he lost an eye, but I see in him an unbreakable spirit, and that's what makes anyone a leader.- I was happy to see Wade defending me.

We decided to go in Joelle's limo; we started the engine as we prepared to go to Philadelphia. The rest of the NG rebellion waved us goodbye.

We were almost in a complete silence until half-road, Towel decided to put some Ozzy Osborn in the radio. Slint raised his fist in a rock n' roll fashion. We all laughed. I saw the environment: for a violent conqueror race, the Fonias really respected Mother Nature.

We reached Philadelphia only to see a Fonias batallion. Those unforgettable aliens were everywhere: Brown-colored, 3 meters tall, 6 insect legs for fast moving, a thin torso, 3 arms with 6 fingers each, and a bald head with 4 eyes, no nose and a mouth with a lot of fangs; they all had a white bandana in their heads with a strange symbol that could mean their military range.

Noaxis looked at me and said -Well, you're the leader. What do we do?- I had an idea. -Slint, ready to destroy some Foni-ass?- Slint yelled -You askin' that?! Let me release the fucking beast!!!- he jumped out of the limo with his two revolvers towards the first Fonias. He destroyed the alien's head, black blood everywhere. We all jumped out on a killing spree. The Fonias shot their plasma spears at us, but we dodged every shot. ZJ went crazy with his shotgun; Noaxis was yelling "Headshot!" For every head she destroyed; I lit them on fire, Molotov flying from my hands and I made them explode in midair with my pistols; McLean was impaling every Fonias he saw, he was very happy, Joelle was back to back with Towel shooting them all. It was a massacre.

We got the water and headed back to the HQ. Not forgetting that Slint peed on a Fonias head. I fucking knew it.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-03 02:00:54

C'mon, guys, give me your opinion. I don't wanna feel like I'm talking to the wall.
Do you like how the story's developing?
You like the jokes?
You like the script?
You like everyone's developing in the story?
Any suggestions?
Anything else?

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-03 03:17:07

At 11/3/13 02:00 AM, 8madness wrote: C'mon, guys, give me your opinion. I don't wanna feel like I'm talking to the wall.

Why not? The wall is certainly a better listener.

Do you like how the story's developing?

Yes!

You like the jokes?

The only obvious joke I encountered in here was "Ready to kick some Foni-ass".

You like the script?

It's brief, like a report of some kind. You get both plus and minus for this.

You like everyone's developing in the story?

I do. Is Wade going to make an appearance again? And is there going to be an intruder amongst the squad?

Any suggestions?

I suggest that you should find a county in which the Fonias mastermind or something has settled in. That's, like, going to be the final destination of the adventure.

Anything else?

One more question: is Joelle now a girl or a dude?

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-03 11:42:10

At 11/3/13 03:17 AM, TowelMarket wrote: Why not? The wall is certainly a better listener.

That hurts.

Yes!

Well, guess I need to tell you that almost everything I write is completely random. I think it right that moment.

The only obvious joke I encountered in here was "Ready to kick some Foni-ass".

Also, remember the moment when Slint pees on a Fonias, making a reference to the end of the first episode, when I suspected Slint dreamt it

It's brief, like a report of some kind. You get both plus and minus for this.

Surprisingly, that's more than I expected.

I do. Is Wade going to make an appearance again? And is there going to be an intruder amongst the squad?

Wade is the general of the NG rebellion, that means he will be still appearing for a while. They ain't gonna be any intruders, maybe an ally, but in the squad, none is gonna betray none.

I suggest that you should find a county in which the Fonias mastermind or something has settled in. That's, like, going to be the final destination of the adventure.

I already have it. Want a clue? What does "Fonias" mean again?

One more question: is Joelle now a girl or a dude?

I thought he was a girl because of his forum signature and his Icon, so I put him as a girl, then he told me he was a dude, I kmew I fucked it up, but there was nothing I could do. So in the story, Joelle will still be a girl. The real Joelle said it was cool.

BBS Signature

Response to S. of the Newgrounders: Mad Ops 2013-11-03 17:18:03

At 11/1/13 11:44 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 10/30/13 07:44 AM, Slint wrote: YEAH MR WHITE
GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY

Fucking 10/10

BBS Signature