00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Splinter Cell or Metal Gear

2,904 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 06:31:10

At 10/21/13 05:57 AM, Colastreet1991 wrote:
At 10/2/13 01:43 PM, ShiningFox wrote: Tell me your reasons
A Metal Gear fan here.
Although i have never tried a "Splinter Cell" game, i would recommend Metal Gear or the Metal Gear Solid series. It's fun, i like the MSX version very much because its a very old fun stealth game which you as a player emerge, so if you're not into story telling type of game, then this is for you, you can play it on MGS3 subsistence for PS2, and it also follows in the "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection" that you can get for Xbox 360 or PS3.

I would also recommend Metal Gear Solid 1, because the game experience is well executed, and fells solid, no pun intended. But other than that, you should also try out some other Metal Gear games if you have time, see what you think is the good MG/MGS game for you, there is games for everyone so have fun :D

Oh, I am a MG fan too, i played the games. Just wanted to know everybody's opninion here. I never played Splinter Cell too, that's why i made this thread, to know which one does better overall.

MGS3 is a story telling game actually, it's really intense and the death of Big Boss was really sad

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 06:39:03

At 10/18/13 06:38 AM, Nithael wrote:
At 10/16/13 02:31 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 10/16/13 08:13 AM, Nithael wrote:
It's the best disguise ever!
No one suspects the magical box that moves while your back is turned!
Exactly! ITS JUST LIKE HKJASGDJHGAJHQWGEJHGASFJ.

SABNKHASDOUJSAAHDUASKA

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 06:44:29

Tell me your intrigue.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 07:07:07

Oh, I am a MG fan too, i played the games. Just wanted to know everybody's opninion here. I never played Splinter Cell too, that's why i made this thread, to know which one does better overall.

MGS3 is a story telling game actually, it's really intense and the death of Big Boss was really sad

Oh i ment Metal Gear the MSX version, the oldest Metal Gear game created, i meant that the game is included within MGS3 Substance game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHFoiYmmm6M

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 07:08:41

Spelling Error:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 15:21:05

At 10/21/13 06:44 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Tell me your intrigue.

Just wanted to know someone elses opinion
your turn

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 15:22:35

Oh i ment Metal Gear the MSX version, the oldest Metal Gear game created, i meant that the game is included within MGS3 Substance game.

Or buy them all at PSN for a cheap good price

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-21 16:06:09

At 10/21/13 03:22 PM, ShiningFox wrote:
Or buy them all at PSN for a cheap good price

Well, aslong as it is the right game, then everything works. Games are fun :D

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-24 01:33:13

honestly, I don't think you can really compare the two. I know they are both stealth games but thats where there similarities end, other than that they are completely different games. To me splinter cell just felt really boring, while Metal Gear Solid felt the best game ever made.

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-24 08:38:23

Metal gear. I prefer the story.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-24 23:07:45

Metal Gear, easier to get into and more enjoyable.

Response to Splinter Cell or Metal Gear 2013-10-25 04:12:46

At 10/24/13 11:07 PM, Phoenix2001 wrote: Metal Gear, easier to get into and more enjoyable.

This is sensible. I played the original Splinter Cell, it took me like 2 hours to understand how to properly shoot things (ironically because I couldnt figure that out, I just went around trying to interrogate people, and in the process playing the game the way its actually meant to be played) since the control was kinda contorted, and it was one of the first games of that era I played that had the whole, "press this button to go into gun-mode, and then press this button to shoot" thing.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!