00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrMeltingPoint just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The DotA 2 Alliance

7,349 Views | 63 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-11-19 18:42:47

Whenever I play meepo, someone else feeds and I do ok.

At 11/12/13 11:50 AM, Sam wrote: I've heard a lot of people recommend the Logitech G400, I don't know how relevant that is anymore though.

I have the g500 and it fits me pretty well. The weights that it comes with help a bit with how I grip and move the mouse.

I was considering a left-handed mouse, but I think I'm too used to playing games right-handed at this point.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-04 06:48:37

Did any of you guys get anything good doing diretide? The best I got was a razor whip and a mythical courier.

Also decide to open a couple of new crates and I got the new pudge hook and the new crystal maiden hair.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-04 21:31:24

At 12/4/13 06:48 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Did any of you guys get anything good doing diretide? The best I got was a razor whip and a mythical courier.

Also decide to open a couple of new crates and I got the new pudge hook and the new crystal maiden hair.

I got a greevil courier but that's about it

The diretide gimmick got old pretty quick so i didn't really play it a lot

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-05 02:08:41

At 12/4/13 09:31 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I got a greevil courier but that's about it

It was my first year playing diretide. So I loved it.

I played a bit of frostivus last year. But I don't remember if you got any free items during that. Can anyone tell me if you get free items or not?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-05 09:11:33

At 12/5/13 02:08 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 12/4/13 09:31 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I got a greevil courier but that's about it

It was my first year playing diretide. So I loved it.

I played a bit of frostivus last year. But I don't remember if you got any free items during that. Can anyone tell me if you get free items or not?

I played Diretide a lot last year, but didn't touch it this year. Uni has been busy so I've been neglecting DotA 2 for something a little more relaxing; Hearthstone and Batman. I honestly don't remember if you get free items, I got like... a greevil courier that everybody else got but aside from that nothing else. I enjoyed Diretide when I played it though, it was good with a group of 5.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-07 00:04:01

At 12/4/13 06:48 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Did any of you guys get anything good doing diretide? The best I got was a razor whip and a mythical courier.

I got 3 essences. It got old, and it seemed like everyone was trying to beat the record rather than have fun. My uni group tried to get me to join their million bfury team to try to break the record, but that just sounds like work.

Meanwhile, tinker has surpassed necrolytephos as my favorite hero. Mainly because necrolytephos' voice and his name sound dumb now.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-08 02:32:08

At 12/8/13 12:58 AM, Ocelot wrote: I hope DOTA2 soon surpasses League of Legends in popularity. It deserves it.

SOON

...uh, hi guys. Got any tips on how to not be shit?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-08 08:51:45

At 12/8/13 12:58 AM, Ocelot wrote: I hope DOTA2 soon surpasses League of Legends in popularity. It deserves it.

I know a lot of League players. So many of them have said "Too many heroes are OP" or "Everyone is OP". But in all honesty, I think they've either played a handful of games or know someone who has and been completely pubstomped by an Ursa or Alch.

Do you guys think anyone is actually OP? Or is it inexperienced players not knowing how to deal with certain heroes? Sure Ursa hits like a fucking truck if he has the farm, but you can run rings around him if you have any sort of slow. If your team drafted cleverly then most heroes can be dealt with.

Also, when people say "Everyone is OP". If that was the case then the game would be equal and fair and no one would be overpowered, because it's all relational. SILLY.

At 12/8/13 02:32 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: ...uh, hi guys. Got any tips on how to not be shit?

Aside from reading the links in my original post? Keep playing. You'll get killed and lose your lane and be hit with spells that you didn't even realise existed and get ganked by people and be told your warding sucks and have your K/D/A quoted to you by your team mates along with insults over mic and text in languages you don't understand. Gotta keep playing!

If you want to become good and not just "OK", watch some videos as well. DotA Cinema do a pretty good series on learning mechanics and goes into quite a bit of detail, perhaps more than you need to know to play casually. I don't know your skill level but "Purge Plays ...." are also ok. I don't like some of his play styles but they're good to watch if you have free time.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-08 09:33:35

At 12/8/13 08:51 AM, Sam wrote: Advice

Thanks! Say, do you guys have group sessions every now and then?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-08 12:46:29

At 12/8/13 08:51 AM, Sam wrote: Do you guys think anyone is actually OP? Or is it inexperienced players not knowing how to deal with certain heroes?

Definitely the latter, but I think some heroes at a high skill level are op like earth spirit. Furion is a fucker at any skill level, I'd say slightly op now due to the necro book buff. Nerfing midas would solve issues with the more popular heroes right now. I want it to start hemorrhaging unreliable gold if you leave if off cooldown for too long. If you die when it comes off cooldown, it'll have a big negative effect rather than no positive effect.

Also, when people say "Everyone is OP". If that was the case then the game would be equal and fair and no one would be overpowered, because it's all relational. SILLY.

When everyone is super, no one is.

no one ever quotes your assists. the 0-6-20 ward bitch is feeding

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-10 02:59:38

Post your best game

Or don't, if you're terrible

The DotA 2 Alliance

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-10 15:48:32

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-10 17:02:03

At 12/10/13 02:59 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Post your best game

Post match ID pls

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-11 01:33:02

At 12/10/13 05:02 PM, Sam wrote:

Post match ID pls

If you mean for the replay it's long expired and I never saved it because I don't really save a lot of replays though I wish I had saved this one

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-12 17:22:49

http://dotabuff.com/matches/181171537
I've had more kills and more assists in other games, but this is (tied for) my highest kda.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/340487489
Best XPM.

Replays. I haven't seen the necro one in a long time, so idk how good the match quality was.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-14 09:56:56

Don't suppose you guys have found any winning combinations for Wraith night?
For example, Axe looks like a decent hero for handling the swarm of enemies.

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-14 10:32:56

At 12/14/13 09:56 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Don't suppose you guys have found any winning combinations for Wraith night?
For example, Axe looks like a decent hero for handling the swarm of enemies.

Axe, omniknight, magnus, sven seems like the best heroes. And maybe drow for some pure damage.
Omniknight is just amazing with his healing and repel is really good on the wave with the mini roshans. Magnus and sven are also pretty good because of their cleave abilities.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-14 18:05:39

Legion Commander's one skill is pretty good for the wraith king thing too when the waves get really clogged. I don't like Drow, people always pick her but she doesn't really seem to accomplish much. I don't really know what items I should be getting for Wraith King so I usually just try to get armor and lifesteal but I don't even know if either really works.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-14 22:39:27

At 12/14/13 06:05 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Legion Commander's one skill is pretty good for the wraith king thing too when the waves get really clogged. I don't like Drow, people always pick her but she doesn't really seem to accomplish much. I don't really know what items I should be getting for Wraith King so I usually just try to get armor and lifesteal but I don't even know if either really works.

Drows pretty much a one target hero. I haven't played with one yet so I don't know how fast she downs the waves. I've played mainly with Omni, Axe, Sven and Magnus. Haven't got passed the mini-rosh yet though :( I've only played a couple of games though.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-15 00:28:00

At 12/14/13 10:39 PM, Sam wrote:
At 12/14/13 06:05 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Legion Commander's one skill is pretty good for the wraith king thing too when the waves get really clogged. I don't like Drow, people always pick her but she doesn't really seem to accomplish much. I don't really know what items I should be getting for Wraith King so I usually just try to get armor and lifesteal but I don't even know if either really works.
Drows pretty much a one target hero. I haven't played with one yet so I don't know how fast she downs the waves. I've played mainly with Omni, Axe, Sven and Magnus. Haven't got passed the mini-rosh yet though :( I've only played a couple of games though.

I got past Mini Rosh once

After that it's mud golems that split into increasingly smaller and faster mini mud golems

Pretty crazy, really need omniknight's ult for that one, we probably could've done it if our Jugg wasn't so bad. I've found Veno is actually really awesome for the mode too.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-15 03:17:45

got fed a lot in the first 15 minutes playing as clockwerk which is nice considering how awful i was with him when i started off

battery assault: it gets shit done

especially when their void is a dingus who activates chronosphere while his teammates are standing right next to me. he didn't even farm well or hit us most of the time

The DotA 2 Alliance

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-23 22:25:28

It's a bit annoying when you're paired with a 4 stack and they're all in skype or whatever. They don't communicate anything with you until you lose, then they run their mouths (fingers) in all chat to the other team about what should have happened.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2013-12-31 15:18:01

everytime i play the weaver guy i snowball out of control.

i think he is genuinely op. his ult purges dust track and amplify it works as a get out of jail for free card and a way to get back into the battle after dying with buyback. and od is just a bitch to lane against with this astral imprisonment.

spam my steam account here

or here

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-01 17:14:33

At 12/31/13 03:18 PM, kirby1837 wrote: i think he is genuinely op. his ult purges dust track and amplify it works as a get out of jail for free card and a way to get back into the battle after dying with buyback. and od is just a bitch to lane against with this astral imprisonment.

Nah, you're probably playing against teams with almost no lockdown. Same reason riki, pudge, sniper, etc are popular. OD is a bitch, though.

The Lord of Olympia has assumed his place as my highest kda ratio at 36/0. Match 450390040

The DotA 2 Alliance

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-02 10:36:12

At 1/1/14 05:14 PM, MSGhero wrote: The Lord of Olympia has assumed his place as my highest kda ratio at 36/0. Match 450390040

Kill stealer, ain't ya. ;)

At 12/31/13 03:18 PM, kirby1837 wrote: everytime i play the weaver guy i snowball out of control.

i think he is genuinely op. his ult purges dust track and amplify it works as a get out of jail for free card and a way to get back into the battle after dying with buyback. and od is just a bitch to lane against with this astral imprisonment.

I agree with MSGhero, heroes like Weaver, Ursa and Shadow Fiend were really popular back when the game was fairly new. No one in pubs knew how to play against them very well so they would call them OP. In all honesty I don't think any hero is OP, it's just a case of people not knowing how to deal with them.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-02 15:03:40

At 1/2/14 10:36 AM, Sam wrote:
At 1/1/14 05:14 PM, MSGhero wrote:
In all honesty I don't think any hero is OP, it's just a case of people not knowing how to deal with them.

Atm Legion is pretty stupid. Duel is a 5.5 second disable on a 50 second cooldown and only costs 75 mana. To put that in perspective Fiend's Grip is a 5 second disable on a 100 second cooldown and costs 400 mana at level 3. Not to mention Legion's W lets her purge any debuff or disable on anyone on her team while healing them and making them attack faster just because.

They need to up her costs and cooldowns or lower some of her durations.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-02 17:10:24

At 1/2/14 03:03 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 1/2/14 10:36 AM, Sam wrote:
At 1/1/14 05:14 PM, MSGhero wrote:
In all honesty I don't think any hero is OP, it's just a case of people not knowing how to deal with them.
Atm Legion is pretty stupid. Duel is a 5.5 second disable on a 50 second cooldown and only costs 75 mana. To put that in perspective Fiend's Grip is a 5 second disable on a 100 second cooldown and costs 400 mana at level 3. Not to mention Legion's W lets her purge any debuff or disable on anyone on her team while healing them and making them attack faster just because.

They need to up her costs and cooldowns or lower some of her durations.

You aren't really disabled with duel, since you can still right click, and LC can give the enemy 10/14/18 permanent damage if she looses the duel, so it's a lot worse if you fuck up a duel than if you fuck up a fiends grip.
But do you think Axe is stupid as well? His taunt does almost the exact same as LC's duel (you can only right click, but you can't use any abilities), for 3 seconds with a 10 second cooldown and 110 mana cost.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-02 23:27:04

At 1/2/14 05:10 PM, LiquidFire wrote: But do you think Axe is stupid as well? His taunt does almost the exact same as LC's duel (you can only right click, but you can't use any abilities), for 3 seconds with a 10 second cooldown and 110 mana cost.

It's not so much the disable as much as it is the duration. Being unable to do anything but right click for almost 6 seconds is huge and unlike Axe LC's 'counter helix' gives her 80% lifesteal and she doesn't have a cooldown on it so it can proc any number of times. More importantly though is that Axe falls off super hard in the late game because he can't keep up his damage output while LC just feeds off supports until she snowballs out of control.

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-03 02:12:18

At 1/2/14 11:27 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: LC's 'counter helix' gives her 80% lifesteal and she doesn't have a cooldown on it so it can proc any number of times.

There's a 1.2 cooldown on her counter-attack.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The DotA 2 Alliance 2014-01-22 18:36:25

Capt dced and last pick meepo got randomed. And then I did a thing.

The DotA 2 Alliance