00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PlayStation 4 thread!

38,673 Views | 569 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-08 15:17:25

lol

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-08 21:41:25

At 7/7/13 09:29 AM, ManDeep wrote: PLAYSTATION MORE LIKE GAYSTATION FUCK DAT I'M BUYIN XBOX ONE NAW MEAN.

WE DON'T CARE, OKAY?

Moose, thats all...

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-08 22:24:44

At 7/7/13 09:29 AM, ManDeep wrote: PLAYSTATION MORE LIKE GAYSTATION FUCK DAT I'M BUYIN XBOX ONE NAW MEAN.

XBOX MORE LIKE XCOCKS AMIRITE? U THINK U TUFF BUT I DARE U TO SAY DAT TO MY FACE COME ON WE GONNA FIGHT IN THE CHURCH PARKING LOT OR NOT?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-09 00:22:50

At 7/8/13 11:34 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote:
At 6/23/13 11:43 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 6/21/13 03:41 PM, darkjam wrote: From this box art of Infamous Second Son it seems like they are going back to the PS2 case of blue. It seems like a pattern, PS1: clear case PS2: blue case PS3: clear case PS4: blue case PS5: clear case, I'm guessing.
PS2 had black cases and red cases for the greatest hits.
The greatest hits cases were black.

I was talking about the US cases. I don't know if you live in the US, but the greatest hits cases are red here.

PlayStation 4 thread!

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-10 18:10:27

I live in the US but the greatest hits cases aren't red. The labels are red, but the cases themselves are still black.

I don't get why they had different cases for different regions in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-12 17:20:35

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-13 15:56:30

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-14 05:58:04

Hey guys Knack or Killzone: Shadow Fall? I don't know which to pre order, I'm definitely getting Watch Dogs though. What games are you guys getting with the PS4?

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-23 11:18:03

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-24 15:21:05

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-24 15:32:19

At 2/20/13 06:31 PM, darkjam wrote: Well technically, it has been announced so let's discuss! What do you guys think of the new controller? I think it's OK but we should be able to use the PS3 one as well. Now then,, Let's discuss!

They could have made the entire Playstation 4 reasonably better, but I guess slapping a console together to deliberately out-date the Ps3 and Xbox 360 to make money would have been the better idea. *thumbs up Ps4*

ila

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-24 21:21:19

They could have made the entire Playstation 4 reasonably better, but I guess slapping a console together to deliberately out-date the Ps3 and Xbox 360 to make money would have been the better idea. *thumbs up Ps4*

Explanation please?

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-26 12:37:47

Now the PS4 and Xbox One are pretty much on even lengths in terms of RAM, many people will see this as a bad thing but at least porting games from one console to the other will hopefully show there wont be much of a difference.

Ports always look the same, no matter if one console is stronger. It's the exclusives that look the best on their respective consoles.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-26 17:23:01

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-28 19:19:35

Hoping that they make the internet stay free on it. I like PlayStation mostly because they're so free with payments.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-28 23:58:09

At 7/28/13 07:19 PM, SlayZombi wrote: Hoping that they make the internet stay free on it. I like PlayStation mostly because they're so free with payments.

If you're talking about online gaming then you haven't been keeping up with the news for a month now. It will cost $40 or £30 for PS4 online, basically PS plus. I think it's worth it because of early beta access and free games.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-29 20:51:02

At 7/28/13 11:58 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 7/28/13 07:19 PM, SlayZombi wrote: Hoping that they make the internet stay free on it. I like PlayStation mostly because they're so free with payments.
If you're talking about online gaming then you haven't been keeping up with the news for a month now. It will cost $40 or Ã'£30 for PS4 online, basically PS plus. I think it's worth it because of early beta access and free games.

I understand the need for online monthly fees. Running servers that huge is really goddamn expensive.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-07-29 21:26:55

I understand the need for online monthly fees. Running servers that huge is really goddamn expensive.

That was their reason, they lost a lot of money by keeping PS3 servers free apparently. Also 10 questions answered about the PS4.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-01 09:08:36

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-07 14:44:33

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 20:19:51

hands on with the console.
About the controller, the "start" button has been replaced with the "options" button, however this is assuming. A next get without a pause button sounds stupid. It's an educated guess but im probably right. It's a decent change, after all the pause button is more like an options menu now anyways.
However, they completely got rid of the "select" button in favor of the "share" button. This is a significant change since I remember some games used the select button... does Sony think the touch pad can compensate for the select button? Only time will tell I guess....

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 20:45:55

About the controller, the "start" button has been replaced with the "options" button, however this is assuming. A next get

without a pause button sounds stupid. It's an educated guess but im probably right. It's a decent change, after all the pause button is more like an options menu now anyways.

However, they completely got rid of the "select" button in favor of the "share" button. This is a significant change since I remember some games used the select button... does Sony think the touch pad can compensate for the select button? Only time will tell I guess....

I never really used the select button, so I don't mind it going, but chances are the option button will take it's small role. Also the touch screen is a button, meaning that will probably be the start button. I don't know about you guys, but did you notice the scratches or marks on the shiny bit of the PS4, I hope it doesn't scratch easy, but anyway, as good as it looks, I still find the shiny bit a useless design choice, it will just get smudged and activate my OCD.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 21:17:35

At 8/9/13 08:45 PM, darkjam wrote: I never really used the select button, so I don't mind it going, but chances are the option button will take it's small role. Also the touch screen is a button, meaning that will probably be the start button.

The options button isn't the pause button?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 21:19:40

The start button is usually the pause button, and the pause button is the touchpad.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 22:13:19

At 8/9/13 09:19 PM, darkjam wrote:
The start button is usually the pause button, and the pause button is the touchpad.

thats bullshit. Then whats the point of the touchpad? I thought it was there to introduce gimmicks no developer will ever use, instead I find out it's the pause button? Then there's no use for it, come on man.
My theory at least sounds possible, that one just sounds absurd.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 23:06:42

My theory at least sounds possible, that one just sounds absurd.

I know your theory is possible, and it is absurd, but sadly it's true. And come one, I can't really think of innovative ways you could use that small ass touchpad. Seems more of a added feature to make the controller stand out from the other dualshocks.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-09 23:15:12

Why are you pushing people to pre-order so hard? Do you work at Sony? There is absolutely zero reason to ever pre-order anything, ever, unless it's in limited quantity and will become scarce in the future. Playstation 4 isn't going anywhere and I was burned hard by PS3 launch, only a fool would commit early to any of the consoles. We're still two years away from anything worth a damn anyway. The horizon leaves much to be desired, but history will cement my statement.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-10 18:54:15

At 8/9/13 11:15 PM, Elixur wrote: Why are you pushing people to pre-order so hard? Do you work at Sony? There is absolutely zero reason to ever pre-order anything, ever, unless it's in limited quantity and will become scarce in the future. Playstation 4 isn't going anywhere and I was burned hard by PS3 launch, only a fool would commit early to any of the consoles. We're still two years away from anything worth a damn anyway. The horizon leaves much to be desired, but history will cement my statement.

I'm not pushing, but I know people want to pre order, so I might as well let them know about the situation.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-11 01:25:47

I feel like the reason for there not being a lot of great games soon after the launch of a new console tends to be because of the people who choose not to buy the console at launch, or soon after launch, because they predict that there will be no good games for a while. When the console doesn't sell too well at launch, there isn't much reason to develop a super great AAA title for the console that early.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-08-11 05:35:54

At 8/11/13 01:25 AM, POTaTOS wrote: I feel like the reason for there not being a lot of great games soon after the launch of a new console tends to be because of the people who choose not to buy the console at launch, or soon after launch, because they predict that there will be no good games for a while. When the console doesn't sell too well at launch, there isn't much reason to develop a super great AAA title for the console that early.

No, the reason why there isn't any quality games is because the hardware is new and a ton of devs are still in the process of finishing up a game for the last generation of consoles. The titles that are released early are often shoddily thrown together without much thought just to have something available at launch, because they know there will be little in the way of competition. People are also creatures of habit and are slow to adapt change. Waiting to assess the situation before plunging down cold hard cash will only benefit you as a consumer.

This isn't the business of promises, I'm not going to buy a device hoping my purchase green flags companies to release worthwhile games on it. No, it's the other way around.

BBS Signature