00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4ng3lzh4untm3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PlayStation 4 thread!

38,812 Views | 569 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-12 17:02:17

At 6/12/13 01:27 PM, Revo357912 wrote: upgrade was only used for a handful of games like Majora's mask and Donkey Kong 64

Donkey Kong 64 didn't even need the expansion pack actually. Rare just included it for free (loosing a fortune) because it inexplicably fixed a game-breaking bug left in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-12 17:22:51

At 6/12/13 11:47 AM, Travis wrote: I've pretty much decided that I won't get this system at launch.

Nothing is coming out at launch that interests me yet, there will probably be bugs that have yet to be iron'd out (like any new system), and I might be able to snag a price drop if three games I want don't come out until later.

I'm waiting on Destiny, Final Fantasy XV, and whatever Naughty Dog does.

I don't think I would ever get a system at launch. The price always gets several drops, and as you said, there are the odds that it has bugs.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-12 17:36:46

At 6/12/13 04:43 PM, Makeshift wrote: Sony know we love them already and now they're giving us MORE AND MORE shit to love them for.

Sony won't allow developers and publishers to have online passes on PS4.

Sony is REALLY trying to get us to lvoe them more. By the end of the news, the PS4 will be like the PS2. Get your pre orders in folks! If this is anything like the hype with PS2, expect robberies on day one, I've already got my shit planned out for this, aint nobody getting mah ps4!
:By they way, has anybody pre ordered it apart from me?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-12 17:54:39

At 6/11/13 10:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/11/13 09:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/11/13 09:28 PM, Travis wrote: Congratulations for listing off a bunch of games that I could give a shit less about.
Yeah, me too. Seriously, I don't know why we should be excited about them? Because we've played them before a thousand times so they should be good again? I dislike a lot of Nintendo's franchises so I can't get excited about any of that. The only one I really want is Rayman Legends, which I can get on my 360.

Well, the games they listed were OP in my and other guy's thoughts. I just think, that it's matter of your personal taste. I personally couldn't be happier. They, now are indie friendly, technologically advanced and are the leaders of next-gen consoles. That's awesome.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-12 18:10:26

I'm loving the upcoming WiiU and PS4 games! It looks like I'm going to be an idort this generation!

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 13:11:59

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 13:38:07

At 6/13/13 01:11 PM, darkjam wrote: So sexy.

It looks like a lot of fun.
I'm not sure if this is one of the games that I'll buy as soon as it's released, but I definitely will be keeping an eye on it.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 13:38:41

It looks like a lot of fun.
I'm not sure if this is one of the games that I'll buy as soon as it's released, but I definitely will be keeping an eye on it.

But.....Fire.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 15:50:53

At 6/13/13 01:11 PM, darkjam wrote: So sexy.

Love the sound effects and soundtrack. And the cinematics on that final move... my god.
inFAMOUS is my favorite game series of all time. Can't wait for this.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 16:27:35

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-13 23:57:54

At 6/12/13 12:54 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 6/11/13 10:42 PM, Luke wrote: I think the only games I have absolutely zero interest in right now is Knack and Transistor.
What about infamous second son?

Oh that one. It said to be released in Q1 2014

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-14 00:17:07

I'm pretty excited for a ps4, but the only titles that seem available at launch right now is inFamous: Second Son, since I recently completed the second game yesterday. But the PS+ being mandatory is confusing, since I thought sony meant that only your PS+ account will transfer over.

Can someone clear this up for me?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-14 00:55:15

At 6/14/13 12:17 AM, TheMajormel wrote: I'm pretty excited for a ps4, but the only titles that seem available at launch right now is inFamous: Second Son, since I recently completed the second game yesterday. But the PS+ being mandatory is confusing, since I thought sony meant that only your PS+ account will transfer over.

What about Killzone: Shadow Fall?

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-14 01:12:00

At 6/14/13 12:55 AM, PlatinumHeart wrote:
What about Killzone: Shadow Fall?

I meant the only title that INTERESTS me at launch, my bad.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-14 04:22:00

At 6/14/13 12:17 AM, TheMajormel wrote: I'm pretty excited for a ps4, but the only titles that seem available at launch right now is inFamous: Second Son, since I recently completed the second game yesterday. But the PS+ being mandatory is confusing, since I thought sony meant that only your PS+ account will transfer over.

PS+ is required for online multiplayer, ala XBL. If you already have PS+ it will transfer over as well.

And Infamous: Second Son isn't a launch title, it releases Q1 2014 they said. Launch titles are looking like

Knack
Killzone 3
COD
Sports Games
AC 4 Black Flag
Drive Club (comes free if you have Playstation Plus)
Watch Dogs

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-14 11:58:40

Before E3 I really wasn't bothered about any of the next gen consoles but now I am very interested in getting myself a PS4. The whole no used games restrictions and no online always deals makes me feel pretty relieved. Also Battlefield 4 with 64 players on console is an instant buy feature for me.

I don't know if it was an exclusive or not but Tom Clancy's The Division looked absolutely fantastic and I'll definitely be getting it. I doubt I'll be able to afford the console on release but either way I'm sure I'll get my hands on one of them not too long after. Very excited for this.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-15 10:26:21

I don't know if it was an exclusive or not but Tom Clancy's The Division looked absolutely fantastic and I'll definitely be getting it. I doubt I'll be able to afford the console on release but either way I'm sure I'll get my hands on one of them not too long after. Very excited for this.

I can see it becoming a massive series in the later years of PS4.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-16 12:07:12

Just pre-ordered PS4 it hurt to hear that the minimum down payment (at least for Gamestop) was $100 but i bit the bullet anyway mainly cause due to the fact now Sony rose it's sales forecast due to the high amount of pre-orders it's already taken over it's first week and now SCEA CEO Andrew House has come out and said that "Demand may well outstrip supply" so there is probably going to be a limited number of pre-orders for it so if you are wanting it Day 1 you better get a pre-order in ASAP.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-16 12:17:23

At 6/16/13 12:07 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Just pre-ordered PS4 it hurt to hear that the minimum down payment (at least for Gamestop) was $100 but i bit the bullet anyway mainly cause due to the fact now Sony rose it's sales forecast due to the high amount of pre-orders it's already taken over it's first week and now SCEA CEO Andrew House has come out and said that "Demand may well outstrip supply" so there is probably going to be a limited number of pre-orders for it so if you are wanting it Day 1 you better get a pre-order in ASAP.

Weird, the minimum payment at EB Games is 50 dollars. I want to preorder it but I am worried that I won't be able to do 400 dollars in payments in time, due to not getting enough hours at work, paying rent, etc.
I do want to get the PS4 immediately though, as soon as it is released if possible.

I just need it... I do I do I do.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-16 12:27:40

At 6/16/13 12:17 PM, Luke wrote:
At 6/16/13 12:07 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Just pre-ordered PS4 it hurt to hear that the minimum down payment (at least for Gamestop) was $100

I agree with Luke, that is weird. Over here in the UK, it's only a £20 deposit.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-16 12:38:25

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 15:25:36

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 15:37:47

At 6/18/13 03:25 PM, darkjam wrote: Whooo nellie! PS4 games will be the same price as PS3 games!

Thats good news, I already think $60 is too much, I would hate for them to go Australian on us :\

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 15:48:22

At 6/18/13 03:37 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/18/13 03:25 PM, darkjam wrote: Whooo nellie! PS4 games will be the same price as PS3 games!
Thats good news, I already think $60 is too much, I would hate for them to go Australian on us :\

60 dollars is a big chunk of money, there's no denying that. But I saw an old PS2 game of mine, one of the Resident Evil games. The price tag is still on it, and at release it looks like that was 59.99 as well. I can check again after work to verify, but I recall it saying that price.

So, maybe games have always been super expensive, and we just didn't realize it when we were a lot younger because our parents bought them for us? I really don't know, but I can tolerate the 60 dollar game prices, there's no avoiding it really. Just make sure you get the games that you know you will love, and it won't hurt to spend that much cash.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 15:50:20

At 6/18/13 03:48 PM, Luke wrote:
60 dollars is a big chunk of money, there's no denying that. But I saw an old PS2 game of mine, one of the Resident Evil games. The price tag is still on it, and at release it looks like that was 59.99 as well. I can check again after work to verify, but I recall it saying that price.

Actually new games for the PS2 were usually $50. I remember distinctly the price of $49.99 on new games.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 15:53:50

Yea, prices for console games have always been pretty consistent as far back as I can remember. They're too expensive for me to buy a new copy of every game I like the look of, which is why I'd have been upset if they did crack down on the sale of used games. I don't think it's right that all games are given the same price tag. They're certainly not all worth the same price.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 16:04:38

At 6/18/13 03:53 PM, Dean wrote: I don't think it's right that all games are given the same price tag. They're certainly not all worth the same price.

That's what I think. I doubt that anybody would buy a spongebob game for £40 instead of a game that will give you more value for your money like Assassins Creed 3. That's why we have all these reviewers now a days, so people know if it is worth buying, right now though, Amazon still has ALL of it;s PS4 titles as £54! If that keeps up, then I'll get my games from Game!

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 16:35:39

Yeah, the norm for last gen was 50 bucks. God of War was only 20 bucks when it first came out, though, I think.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 23:04:51

At 6/18/13 03:50 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/18/13 03:48 PM, Luke wrote:
Actually new games for the PS2 were usually $50. I remember distinctly the price of $49.99 on new games.

Well, the extra ten dollars really isn't too bad. It just depends on the game. A game like Bulletstorm isn't worth anything over thirty dollars really just because of how short it is, eight hours of gameplay roughly. However, a larger game with more things going on and more stuff to do, that is worth sixty dollars.

Response to PlayStation 4 thread! 2013-06-18 23:35:22

I'd say Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim are great examples of games that are well worth 60 bucks.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature