00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Boochingi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

radiohead is meh

2,448 Views | 51 Replies

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 17:46:06

At 2/13/13 05:08 PM, Slint wrote:
At 2/13/13 03:43 PM, Otto wrote: If that isn't the most amazing album easter egg, then what else could be? It was 10 years of planning.
Yeah, I've heard that a long time ago, it's pretty amazing, if it's actually planned.
I've never got to try it though. I mean, not with the crossfade.

You see the 10 on the last line? It was all very very planned

You know at the end of airbag there's those 5 beeps for no reason? They fit in time with the 5/4 beat of 15 step. It's ruddy genius. Do it with the cross fade.

radiohead is meh

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 17:54:13

I haven't listened to them enough to make a judgement on their quality but I know that their fans are fucking annoying.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 17:55:42

At 2/13/13 05:46 PM, Otto wrote: You know at the end of airbag there's those 5 beeps for no reason? They fit in time with the 5/4 beat of 15 step. It's ruddy genius. Do it with the cross fade.

How do I do that though?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 17:59:54

Media player and iTunes can crossfade in the settings. I don't know exactly how on iTunes but on media player you just go to

Now playing>
Enhancements>
Crossfades

Set it to max or whatever is ten seconds, with this playlist

1. Airbag (OK Computer)
2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)
3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)
4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)
6. Nude (In Rainbows)
7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)
9. Let Down (OK Computer)
10. All I Need (In Rainbows)
11. Karma Police (OK Computer)
12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)
13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)
14. Electioneering (OK Computer)
15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)
16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)
17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)
18. No Surprises (OK Computer)
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)
20. Lucky (OK Computer)
21. Videotape (In Rainbows)
22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

It's just two albums in numerical order. It fits seamlessly like one super-album or, and some tracks even blend like one song. Coldplay never did shit like that. Fuck you Coldplay.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:07:58

At 2/13/13 05:59 PM, Otto wrote: Media player and iTunes can crossfade in the settings. I don't know exactly how on iTunes but on media player you just go to

Alright done, thanks.
Is it normal to cream oneselve's pants while doing this?

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:13:03

What the fuck it flows seamlessly this is incredible.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:22:41

At 2/13/13 06:13 PM, Slint wrote: What the fuck it flows seamlessly this is incredible.

I told you man

radiohead is meh

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:30:05

I think Pink Floyd is better, a lot of people compare them to Pink Floyd, so I tried listening to OK computer, it was kind of "eh".

filler text

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:34:19

They sound like constipated women being simultaneously recorded trying to take a shit.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 18:48:40

I never got the fuss about them.

LORD OF MOOSE 2004

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 19:31:08

If you don't like it, you don't like it. I, however, think Kid A and OK Computer are both fantastic. Amnesiac is also quite good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 19:41:18

In Rainbows was their only good album.

Thom Yorke's better off solo; The Eraser was pretty good.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 19:50:50

At 2/13/13 07:47 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: To me they're just bloody boring. The song titles don't make any sense, the lyrics don't make any sense, the album covers don't make any sense, it's all a load of pseudo-intellectual hipster bullshit. Listening to their "experimental" albums like Kid A and The King of Limbs makes me want to rip out my eyeballs due to the sheer pretension and general shittiness.

That's good of you to make no attempt to understand something that isn't spoon-fed to you

how rewarded you must feel

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 19:54:45

Start with something more accessible before jumping into the "best stuff."

In Rainbows, for example. Great place to start, and great album.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 20:11:24

At 2/13/13 08:01 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: If I had made no attempt to understand it, I wouldn't have listened to those two entire albums would I? That's exactly what I was trying to do, figure out what all the hype was about.

In retrospect it's probably one of those things I'll never personally understand the appeal of, like Dark Souls or Kill Bill.

How many times did you listen to said albums and what sort of mindset were you in? These are very important factors when trying to get into an artist. You should always give something you didn't like at first multiple tries, especially with music. You should also keep an open mind when trying new things instead of looking at it with a judging manner, thinking critically with these things kinda ruins your ability to enjoy it.

Also, writing things off as "boring" "nonsensical" and "hipster" are strong signals that you have no idea what you're talking about. I would try to stay away from adjectives like that if you're trying to make an argument.

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 20:16:40

At 2/13/13 08:01 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: If I had made no attempt to understand it, I wouldn't have listened to those two entire albums would I? That's exactly what I was trying to do, figure out what all the hype was about.

In retrospect it's probably one of those things I'll never personally understand the appeal of, like Dark Souls or Kill Bill.

It's like your watching a foreign film and refusing to read the subtitles out of some pride of ignorance, that's what it is. Of course you'll sit through it, hating it and not getting it, if you aren't up to it.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 20:35:49

At 2/13/13 08:33 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: I guess that's a pretty good analogy. I've given them a few shots, but I think they just really aren't my thing. I suppose the world would be pretty boring if everyone liked Radiohead, wouldn't it?

We aren't saying you have to like them, I don't even like them that much myself. We're just saying that the reasons you gave for disliking them were really stupid.

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 20:39:43

Regardless of Radiohead discussion you are handling arguing with three vehement fans on the subject of music with incredible patience and zen. You've got a lot of my respect for not totally Xenomitting everywhere in a fit. I feel things have been cleared up here.

THAT'S RIGHT EVERYONE IT'S A NGBBS FIRST

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 20:45:56

At 2/13/13 08:44 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote:
At 2/13/13 08:35 PM, Oolaph wrote: We aren't saying you have to like them, I don't even like them that much myself. We're just saying that the reasons you gave for disliking them were really stupid.
I guess the main reason is that I can't understand them. They have like 8 albums and although I have listened to most of them I have no idea what any of it means or the message being conveyed, if there is any.

In summary: I don't like the instruments or the music itself. I don't like Thom Yorke's whiny voice. I don't like the lyrics because I don't understand them.

Are those reasons sufficient?

I can totally understand a dislike to Thom Yorke's voice but the instrumentals are some of the tightest music has ever offered up. Rarely does a band work in such good harmony. It's music for musicians, though. It's not Andy Warhol, it's Picasso.

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 21:50:56

At 2/13/13 08:46 PM, shitposter wrote: radiohead is a band

so are the beatles

this is a terrible haiku

Learn your syllables

Haikus are five seven five

(In English I mean)

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-13 21:55:47

Response to radiohead is meh 2013-02-14 08:02:36

At 2/13/13 09:50 PM, BumFodder wrote: (In English I mean)

It's different in Japanese?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature