00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The new DmC 2013-01-19 23:45:54

The game has been getting good scores and the game has been getting tons of praise.
The combat seems really cool and really opens up more stylish combos
Thoughts?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-19 23:47:05

the game is absolute trash. anything after 3 is dumb and should be avoided at all costs.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-19 23:53:11

They made Dante look like an emo faggot.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 13:59:48

At 1/19/13 11:47 PM, HighWay wrote: the game is absolute trash. anything after 3 is dumb and should be avoided at all costs.

Fuck you man, DMC4 is just as good as 1 and 3.

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 14:05:43

At 1/20/13 12:27 AM, Chemich wrote:
At 1/19/13 11:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: They made Dante look like an emo faggot.
He was already borderline as it is, too.

Not in terms of appearance and not in terms of attitude, he was a smarmy guy.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 15:07:43

I haven't played it yet. But I'm excited. I've heard some bad things about it though, but I prefer to make my own opinions about games, and not take other peoples opinions as the truth.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 15:56:08

Personally, I love it. I feel the combat is well rounded, the levels are unique enough to stop me from getting bored and the story is okay, nothing drastically different from the original DmC's.

If I had one problem, it was Dante's redesign initially, both in personality and general looks. However, as I played through the story, I began to like the new design as equally as I did the old version of Dante.

So, yeah if you can get over Dante's new look, this game is for DmC fans.

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 16:00:41

I played the demo and the combat was really dumbed down compared to the previous games, no challenge or strategy whatsoever. It's still pretty fun but just not anywhere near as good as the earlier games. The main character I don't really have a problem with, considering that they turned Dante into an over the top douchebag in DMC4, the one in this game is a lot better. I'll probably buy it when the price drops low enough.

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 16:42:47

At 1/19/13 11:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: They made Dante look like an emo faggot.

Hear Hear!

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 20:50:06

I hate how ninja theory can't make a PS3 version of anything where the framerate doesn't drop to like 5 frames a second.
The demo was dreadful. Maybe I would have liked it more if it didn't do that.
Gameplay wise I didn't feel like I got very much. A pretty bland boss fight and some cookie cutter enemies. Also, for a prequel the game assumes you have played the other 4 seeing how it introduces characters rather quickly. Or maybe its just because of where the demo took place....

Dante's new look is bearable. At least it doesn't seem as bad as before when it was first announced.
Since its third person and he's in a coat you dont see him much anyway. You can pretend you're playing as a very angry cloth carelessly swinging at things in the wind.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-20 23:07:17

From what I have seen and played of the game from my friends house, the game is pretty fantastic. The combat has really tight controls and its very over the top flashy, i think the only thing that could pose a problem would be with the inclusion of a new Dante. He falls pretty flat as a character. He's not very interesting and just acts as a straight "emo badass douchebag that kicks ass." But the game itself is wonderful, just little bit too easy on the normal difficulty.

I'm just an amateur nineteen year old that likes to create music. Please check out my work and give it feedback so I can strengthen the songs that I create. Eye can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-21 02:08:25

I played the demo, and honestly spoiled most of the game for myself. If you ask me, Capcom should just give Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory. The change in combat is much better than in previous Devil May Crys, I thought switching between the different styles was too complex (as cool as it looked to pull off all those moves).The story is amazing and this Dante has less cheesy lines. He even gets laid more than Old Dante, who was stuck between a hot chick that hated demons and a clone of his mom (didn't end up with any either and the chick from 2 doesn't count.) Dante as a character is really cool and funny, I don't mind his new appearance, it suits his new personality. I also sort of expected that type of ending, after seeing one of the trailers. And I regret not pre-ordering this game because of Vergils Downfall. It's nice this game won't have Disc-Locked Content, thatway you don't feel cheated.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to The new DmC 2013-01-21 02:29:06

This game is incredibly easy. Donte Must Die? This doesn't stand up to classic DMC's easy mode.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature