Be a Supporter!

Should I buy a Supporter Badge?

  • 905 Views
  • 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:13:20 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:12 PM, Elitistinen wrote: What benefit could I gain from it, beside look-good?

Well, you're supporting the site.


BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:15:44 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:00 PM, maddskill wrote: LOL first of all stop defending this website like you fuck it or something. I've been here just as long as you, I've used this site as an artist resource sense I was a little kid, but that doesn't mean I'm so in love with it that I care enough about its financial issues to give it 25$. (which is a lot more then most donations ask) I never said that "OH THAT STORE MUST PAY FOR EVERYTHING" I'm just pointing out that YEA this website is a business and YEA its has advertising and products to make revenue. Most websites who sell products don't ask for donations. I understand why newgrounds needs extra revenue, but surely more effective ways to cut cost can be made.
Also it's pretty funny how mad you just got for no reason.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:16:00 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:12 PM, Elitistinen wrote: What benefit could I gain from it, beside look-good?

Well, you're justifying your presence over here.
And I might just buy a supporter upgrade soon, because I sound really hypocritical right now.


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:18:10 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:15 PM, 3Flay wrote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

No word can describe you flat lying faggotry.

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:19:36 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
i suck tom fulps dick

Honestly are you fucking stupid? He said the site only makes money from ad's so I pointed out that they also had a store.
Also I don't worry bud, understand why someone who has uploaded no good content and is still obsessed with this site needs to donate money. Don't get all butt hurt because I don't wanna throw my money at a website just because I like it. Hell half the reason I like this and most other websites is because it'sfree
Also you're trying to insult my writing style on internet forums? You really are a faggot lol

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:20:34 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:16 PM, Gimmick wrote:
Well, you're justifying your presence over here.

However since this site opens freely to anyone. There is no need and force for me to hurry in the donation. Right?

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:24:49 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:19 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
LOL

Also you try to show off your girlfriend on a flash website to impress people on the forums. That's honestly just pathetic...

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:25:12 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:18 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:15 PM, 3Flay wrote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.
No word can describe you flat lying faggotry.

No man I'm srs

Should I buy a Supporter Badge?


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:29:03 Reply

At 1/19/13 09:23 PM, Fim wrote: in 2008 newgrounds was worth about $6 Million + but now it's around $1.2 Million. So perhaps they are finding it harder to cover the costs of hosting all this content..

Just wondering where you got that info from? Because it's way different to the info that I found on Newgrounds value. According to http://www.worthofweb.com/ these are NG's current stats.

Daily Visits: 681,410
Daily Pageviews: 3,134,484
Daily Revenue: $ 4,702

Monthly Visits: 20,442,287
Monthly Pageviews: 94,034,519
Monthly Revenue: $ 141,060

Yearly Visits: 245,307,440
Yearly Pageviews: 1,128,414,225
Annual Earnings: $ 1,692,720

Estimated website net worth: $ 15,307,951

I'm not saying, "I'm right, you're wrong", I'm just quoting the stats I found. It's just that the stats you've quoted are vastly different to the ones that I found.

And to the OP. If you want to do it, do it. If you don't, then don't. Is it really such a hard decision to make, that you have to ask other NGers about it? Some will say NO, others will say YES. In the end, regardless of what other people say, it's your choice anyway. So choose. Think about it yourself, make a decision yourself, act on your decision yourself.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:35:16 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:19 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:11 PM, Forte wrote:
i suck tom fulps dick
Honestly are you fucking stupid? He said the site only makes money from ad's so I pointed out that they also had a store.
Also I don't worry bud, understand why someone who has uploaded no good content and is still obsessed with this site needs to donate money. Don't get all butt hurt because I don't wanna throw my money at a website just because I like it. Hell half the reason I like this and most other websites is because it'sfree
Also you're trying to insult my writing style on internet forums? You really are a faggot lol

Most of this makes sense but you have to realise that NG can't run off the store alone because it doesn't just host the store. It also gives commissions to its artists. If you don't want to pay fine but the site does need your support. They're honest people. This isn't as big of a conglomerate as you think it is.


BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:38:42 Reply

mfw every thread I start turns into a flamewar
why


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:40:07 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:38 PM, 3Flay wrote: mfw every thread I start turns into a flamewar
why

I dunno he started insulting me for having my own opinion...
sorry bout that folks lets move on

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:41:35 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:40 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:38 PM, 3Flay wrote: mfw every thread I start turns into a flamewar
why
I dunno he started insulting me for having my own opinion...
sorry bout that folks lets move on

NO fuk u and evrythng u stand for.


BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:42:07 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:40 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:38 PM, 3Flay wrote: mfw every thread I start turns into a flamewar
why
I dunno he started insulting me for having my own opinion...
sorry bout that folks lets move on

Lol I really don't mind, I think it's a bit odd, though.


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:42:56 Reply

We have a lot of 'patriots' on here. Maybe these guys can help cover the cost of running this site.

ExtraLife
ExtraLife
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:45:07 Reply

At 1/19/13 09:09 PM, 3Flay wrote: Convince me to buy a Supporter Badge. I love NG and whatnot, but you're dealing with a Jew, here, guys.

Perks?
Does the cost outweigh the perks?
Possibility of Tom rewarding Supporters in the future?

Newgrounds has given you the ability to have endless FREE entertainment with their flash games movies and songs on here

YOU OWE IT TO TOM AND THE GANG

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 22:47:48 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:45 PM, ExtraLife wrote: YOU OWE IT TO TOM AND THE GANG

GEE EXTRA, YOU'RE RIGHT
Lol just bought one.


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

ExtraLife
ExtraLife
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 23:18:57 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:47 PM, 3Flay wrote:

You're a good man 3Flay

a good man

Should I buy a Supporter Badge?

Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-01-19 23:23:24 Reply

At 1/19/13 11:18 PM, ExtraLife wrote:
At 1/19/13 10:47 PM, 3Flay wrote:
You're a good man 3Flay

a good man

-bangs on a jukebox and swaggers over to buy everyone drinks-


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Taraa
Taraa
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-02-25 18:33:42 Reply

At 1/19/13 09:31 PM, Forte wrote: I've donated twice in the last 4 months and I'm a broke, non-Jewish college student. Surely $25 isn't too much to ask after the many years you have used Newgrounds for free.

YOU DID WHAT??! :O

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Should I buy a Supporter Badge? 2013-02-25 18:36:42 Reply

welcome to the club of elite users.