00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone read any good books?

3,185 Views | 51 Replies

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-14 13:39:12

I'm reading Oh Play That Thing by Roddy Doyle about a guy from Dublin who escapes from something to America. He befriends Louis Armstrong but I haven't got to that bit yet. It's fucking good. I love American literature.

The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster is the book I read before that.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 00:30:07

At 1/13/13 07:07 PM, KillerSkull wrote: I hated Little Brother, one of the worst pieces of fiction I have ever read. It was trying to be cool and "hip" and just utterly failed at it.

I like "The Hot Zone" and "Rainbow Six"

I admit all the "t0tt4lly k3wl l33t sp33k" was not very great at all, but it's still a good book.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 10:59:59

Hmmm.

I did enjoy some of the books in this thread quite a bit. You get tired of all the tearjerkers and depressing novels, though, so my interests have reverted to Carl Hiaasen's older collection until further notice. That, and traditional books feel increasingly dull when presented with the increasingly verbose webcomic medium, so yeah.

Mental Music for Thinkers and Doers

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 11:38:20

Oh don't even get me started. You'll definitely want to read the Song of Ice and Fire series, as well as anything by Orson Scott Card. That's just scratching the tip of the iceberg, btw.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 11:43:09

Just started The Flight of the Iguana by David Quammen, a good nature book. After that I'll read what my lady friend gave to me, Stephen King's The Gunslinger.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 11:43:41

1984, Animal Farm, Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games, Dragon Wing, Elven Star.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 13:41:58

At 1/14/13 10:51 AM, HolyKonni wrote: Watership Down

D'aww, my mother read that one to me when I was a little girl. Such good memories... :P

Most recently read: Alex & Me.
So I guess this means after 15+ years my interests are still focused on talking animals?!

I make stuff like this and this with these people. And sometimes I make cute games too.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 13:58:51

I've been reading the Honey Boo Boo comic book.

It's better than The Dark Knight Returns.

Anyone read any good books?

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-15 14:59:48

I do. The last book of The Wheel of Time should I will read in another month.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-16 01:27:56

At 1/15/13 02:05 PM, Confucianism wrote: Well, I've read a lot of good books.
So I'll give you the name of the book I'm reading now rather than giving a long list.

World War Z. I've been engrossed in it for the past few days. It is truly brilliant. An oral history of the zombie war. It's played out so all the stories are being told to an interviewer as their account of it. I hear it's being made into a movie staring Brad Pitt.

That book is amazing! I loved it so much! I hope the videogame/movie they're making will still be good...

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-19 11:21:25

I just finished reading "The Complete Peanuts 1985-1986" and I know that may not even count as a book but seeing as how it's really long (hundreds of pages), I imagine it counts in some way. I was the biggest "Peanuts" fan, seriously I really was. I own every single book in the Complete Peanuts series. Read it!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-19 11:55:24

The entire Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks is one of the coolest trilogies I have ever read in my life. If you ever get the chance you should try those books out.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 10:41:41

I am also getting through the latest edition of Guinness World Records. That one isn't a novel, but nonfiction has a lot of important stuff to it, too! I was amazed at how it's pretty much the closest thing you could ever get to a great big book of everything, which was from some cartoon whose name I can not remember.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 10:56:05

The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams.
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams.
Life, the universe and everything - Douglas Adams.
So long, and thanks for all the fish - Douglas Adams.
Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams.
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - Douglas Adams.

They are all Masterpieces.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 10:59:34

I just finished reading the Void trilogy by Peter Hamilton. Definitely one of the better series I've recently read, although it was a bit more sci-fi than I would have liked.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 11:23:30

In the process of reading the Game of Thrones book/Song of Ice and Fire atm. On A feast for crows. There's just something about the writing style that I love.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 11:33:58

I just finished reading Misery and pretty soon I plan to start Under The Dome, which is going to take me a while to get through I'm sure because it looks like it's about as long of a read as The Stand. Over the past couple years I've really gotten into Stephen King.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 11:39:40

Last book I read was 1984 for class. I really enjoyed it.

I haven't read all that much recently, I started the Silmarillion but I haven't read much into it. I read Ringworld over the summer, and that was a fantastic novel.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-20 12:14:38

Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut.

You won't put it down until you finish it.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-26 13:25:52

At 1/20/13 12:14 PM, gamejunkie wrote: Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut.

You won't put it down until you finish it.

I think Kurt Vonnegut fight in fact be my FAVORITE AUTHOR. At least he was at one point.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-27 08:19:57

At 1/14/13 11:01 AM, Drony wrote: Neuromancer and the entire Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

we got to the second pafe without a mention of hitchhikers' guide
holy fuck that's not good enough it's my favourite series of books ever.

that douglas adams was one hoopy frood.

Response to Anyone read any good books? 2013-01-27 09:53:56

I read over 20 fantasy fiction books by R.A. Salvatore. I highly recommend them. They are good books.

ila