New Topic Respond to this Topic
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

Meh. My old high school used to have some pretty ace fucking subs, spicy/chicken sandwhiches, and cheeseburgers. The pretzels with cheese and pizza was alright but nothing to write home about. NEVER get the "special" of the day though

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 09:39 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Meh. My old high school used to have some pretty ace fucking subs, spicy/chicken sandwhiches, and cheeseburgers. The pretzels with cheese and pizza was alright but nothing to write home about. NEVER get the "special" of the day though

Even at restaurants the special is just left over shit they want to sell before they have to go and throw it out. The fajitas and hot wings at school were always the best. You'd have to lick your wings to keep people from trying to steal them when you weren't looking.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 09:39 PM, RacistBassist wrote: NEVER get the "special" of the day though

Lunch lady shit with a side of menstruation.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:13 PM Reply

The meals served in my high school were surprisingly satisfactory most of the time. I guess I should count myself lucky.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:25 PM Reply

our middle school had a pizza hut and salad bar in the cafeteria and high school had off-campus lunches, so the last time i ate a true "school lunch" was fifth grade

i remember it sucked, but it wasn't the school's fault or anything

it was all prepackaged, microwave-level food

you could always bring your lunch or not eat, if you wanted

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

I've actually been blessed with a high school with good cafeteria food. There's pizza, sandwiches, burgers, and even wings on some days, and it's all hot and fresh. I was pleasantly surprised.

Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Wow, from all the replies in here it seems I'm lucky to be in a school that serves a decent lunch.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

There is no cafeteria at my school instead we have a canteen/shop thing with the types of food you would find in a deli. There is some food that is cooked (usually the special) and its always pretty well cooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:44 PM Reply

My primary school had the worst lunches ever. Sometimes we got chicken nuggets but those tastes like absolute garbage, it made me puke when I took a bite. The rice is cold, hard and disgusting, and the vegetables appeared like it was thrown into a trash bin a few times over. Every day, there would be two full 4-feet garbage cans filled with remaining school food. On the rare occasion we get Mc Donalds, but just one cold burger.

My current middle school has decent food, but still awful, and I throw half of the meal away since I get sick of the food. The chicken wings are good, though. Nowadays I just buy some food at 7-eleven.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 12:10 AM Reply

In my old elementary school, they probably have some of the worst cooked food ever, and even if they were cooked right, they were barely edible at best, I dare say that this is one step above prison food and airline meals on a shitty airline. Middle and High school were somewhat better in the fact that you had some choice in what you want, such as pizza, cheeseburgers or sometimes subs along with fries or fruit, and they didn't taste like shit. {hell, you can even buy soda/Gatorade in the HS cafe, but I think they stop doing that recently} Although, most people packed their own lunch to begin with because it was much cheaper than those school meals, which were overpriced to begin with.

My guess is that because a lot of schools are in the red, they either have to take a lot of cutbacks on small things like food or even chairs, or just simply don't bother upgrading their menus at all, as a way of flaunting their smart-ass arrogance.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 12:42 AM Reply

When I was a kid it was basically slop on a plate. I never ate that shit and I never will.

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 02:44 AM Reply

every high school will not have quality lunches

bring your own lunch you pussy

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Quality of school lunches Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 03:46 AM Reply

I'm happy that my schools never have had a cafeteria.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature