00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FireKingKai just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies 2012

2,286 Views | 37 Replies

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 14:05:50

I didn't see many movies this year.

Total Recall
The Grey, which was great
21 Jump Street
Expendables 2

Apart from that I haven't seen anything else, though I am seeing The Hobbit in a few days time.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 14:56:29

At 12/29/12 01:55 PM, o0-0o wrote: I heard Samsara was really good. I wanted to watch it when it was playing in the festival but never got around to it.

It's something that I don't think will work as well on the small screen, but it was incredible in the cinema. Absolutely gorgeous, a real testament to how much better 70mm looks, even when projected on digital.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 15:49:57

Got to see Star Wars Ep. I 3D, The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit in theaters.

I also saw John Carter the Ghost Rider sequel... but watched them from home, since we get Starz for free and they happened to come on. Probably for the best... John Carter's so quiet in some parts, I doubt I'd have understood what they were saying without captions.

I make stuff like this and this with these people. And sometimes I make cute games too.

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 16:01:04

At 12/29/12 02:56 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 12/29/12 01:55 PM, o0-0o wrote: I heard Samsara was really good. I wanted to watch it when it was playing in the festival but never got around to it.
It's something that I don't think will work as well on the small screen, but it was incredible in the cinema. Absolutely gorgeous, a real testament to how much better 70mm looks, even when projected on digital.

Well, I just watched it on my small screen and I definitely add that to my previous list. I seriously cried multiple times, so I would have been drowning if I had seen it on the big screen. That was the most effectively poetic, artistic, beautiful film I have seen of its kind. I know that the fact it was shot in 70mm was a big part of why it was so great, but analyzing the juxtaposition of the images themselves was so powerful to me. Yeah...thanks for putting that up there.

#ridiculouslyhipsterwithanunnecessaryhashtag

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 16:42:30

My favourites of the year:

01) Moonrise Kingdom
02) The Perks of Being a Wallflower
03) Skyfall
04) The Hobbit
05) Jagten (A.K.A. The Hunt)
06) Looper
07) Cloud Atlas
08) The Dark Knight Rises
09) The Avengers
10) Wreck-It-Ralph

Honourable mentions:
The Hunger Games, Amour, Killing Them Softly, End of Watch, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, The Angel's Share

There are a few supposedly good films that I still need to check out though. Namely: Argo, Life of Pi, Django Unchained, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Seven Psychopaths and The Master.

All in all I do think it was a pretty good year for films, although I can't say I've seen anything truly amazing. At least, nothing that goes straight into my favourites of all time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 17:32:59

4. Chronicle - Kind of drags on with the ending fight scene and gets really fucked up in the end but really interesting movie.
3. 2012 - I actually really liked this movie even though I thought it was gonna be bad. Great effects, I didn't give a shit about most of the characters but I liked the effects. Though it did manage to get me interested on exactly how they'll live at the end of the move. But they killed off all the good characters, and after they ran out of good characters, just started needlessly killing off other ones. And the speech about letting people on board even though they don't have all the supplies for them was complete bullshit. But I liked this movie, the destruction scenes were exciting.
2. Brave - Brave kind of felt like a repeat of How to Train Your Dragon in some ways, but it was really good. I don't have much to say about it. Watch it. Now.
1. Moonrise Kingdom - One of my favorite movies, and the best of the year. It's awkward and uncomfortable at times, but in a good way. Great acting. The story has been done a million times but I feel like Moonrise Kingdom did it in a new way. Looks and feels like an old '60s movie, which makes it fun to watch. Really enjoyed this film, and I'll probably end up watching it again today just because you guys reminded me of it.

I didn't see all that many movies this year because fuck movies, so I guess my opinions don't matter because these are literally some of the only movies I've seen this year. But yeah, I don't give a shit what you throw at me, Moonrise Kingdom will be better. Except maybe Les Miserables, that looks like it has the potential to be better. But still.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 17:37:04

At 12/29/12 05:32 PM, Chocomilk wrote: 3. 2012 - I actually really liked this movie even though I thought it was gonna be bad.

2012 came out in 2009.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Movies 2012 2012-12-29 18:43:08

At 12/29/12 05:37 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 12/29/12 05:32 PM, Chocomilk wrote: 3. 2012 - I actually really liked this movie even though I thought it was gonna be bad.
2012 came out in 2009.

what the fuck is wrong with me im sorry

BBS Signature