00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,159 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-24 10:32:35

I also still need songs for this Rough Recording Radio mixtape! Help me out! http://bpleez.newgrounds.com/news/post/836882

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-24 11:13:37

a song I done did with beastin as fuck mixing from Axtekk

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-24 15:52:11

At 4/24/13 10:31 AM, bpleez wrote:
At 4/16/13 06:08 PM, Vlashxx wrote: Same thing I said earlier.
I hate to bring this back up, cause I'm late to the party again. But you're assuming that we can find enough MCs who are perfect god-like creatures that can all be dope and write in perfect bar structure and follow rules 100% strictly

DON'T YOU DARE TL;DR THIS!!!

I agree that some rules will inevitably be broken, but if someone can't construct a 16 bar verse without bleeding into their opponent's parts then they shouldn't be in this comp. The preliminary round should weed those people out though.

Better yet, I think when it comes to the newcomers in this comp (non-seasoned battlers), their hype tracks should determine whether or not they make the cut. We don't need to be super-picky, but if someone is absolutely terrible, it hurts the credibility of the competition. Someone like this will face a dope emcee in round 1, and he'll be pissed for having to waste time and energy on some scrub who can't rap (Example- Teq vs Lil C. This was who I faced in round 1 last year, and hooooly shit this guy was clueless.)

Last year we had well over 32 people in the tourney. But I think that this year will be off the damn chains. Even if hype tracks determine who gets in, I bet we can still get 64 worthwhile sonsabitches up in this tourney.

But anyway, I'm excited as hell for this year's Clabtrap competition. I'm vastly improved from last year, and in the past couple weeks my power level has risen to 9,740.

SEE YOU IN THE RING FUCKERS!!!!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 05:51:46

At 4/22/13 08:34 PM, Vinstigator wrote:
At 4/22/13 06:50 PM, Poniiboi wrote:
At 4/22/13 11:06 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 4/22/13 03:51 AM, Vinstigator wrote: TL;DR
Newgrounds drama is gay as hell. Exceeded probably only by DeviantArt and furfags.

Damn.
LOL got some good movies out of it though.
I know, right? Here's another movie. It wasn't related to the drama, it was related to IRL drama :P
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/357136
Can you tell that Crono is my favorite character of all time?

So dude, I watched that CM Punk video and the Undertaker match and yeah, WWE still has some good wrestlers. My question is do you think that Punk interview after he beat up Cena was scripted or he really went off and they cut his mike off?

Also, I've got your Chrono movies on repeat right now. OMG I LOVE THAT GAME SO MEEEENIII MEMRIEEEEZZZ SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 10:50:32

At 4/24/13 03:52 PM, Teqneek wrote: "If someone can't construct a 16 bar verse without bleeding into their opponents verse, then they shouldn't be competing and probably suck anyways."

TK

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 10:52:33

At 4/24/13 03:52 PM, Teqneek wrote: Last year we had well over 32 people in the tourney. But I think that this year will be off the damn chains. Even if hype tracks determine who gets in, I bet we can still get 64 worthwhile sonsabitches up in this tourney.

Imagine how long that competition would last haha damn. Still sounds fun though.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 11:30:28

At 4/25/13 10:52 AM, mjohnson00 wrote: Imagine how long that competition would last haha damn. Still sounds fun though.

I think a long tournament would be ok, there's no rush as long as each round happens quickly and on schedule. Ideally there would be other places to battle too, so in the first round when a horde of people get knocked out they can jump into other shenanigans.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 13:08:19

At 4/25/13 11:30 AM, BigRed wrote: so in the first round when a horde of people get knocked out they can jump into other shenanigans.

This is exactly what happened last year. Got a ton of collabs smashed out back then. Fuck the timing of it this year though.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 13:24:19

At 4/25/13 05:51 AM, Poniiboi wrote:
So dude, I watched that CM Punk video and the Undertaker match and yeah, WWE still has some good wrestlers. My question is do you think that Punk interview after he beat up Cena was scripted or he really ::: went off and they cut his mike off?

I read in an interview that Punk was really leaving the company and that Vince agreed to give him 5 minutes on the mic. The cutting off of his mic was scripted. What Punk said, was not. He actually meant every word. Oh and if you liked the Undertake match, check out the one against The Rock...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMFdbodXG_U

Match had me on the edge of my seat!

Also, I've got your Chrono movies on repeat right now. OMG I LOVE THAT GAME SO MEEEENIII MEMRIEEEEZZZ SMILEY SMILEY SMILEY

Awesome! Which one of my Chrono Trigger movies your top favorites by the way? Oh and here's another one for you to enjoy...

And yes those are actual reviews I received on my movies lol. Most of them don't exist anymore due to them being deleted by review mods. But they shall forever live on in this cult classic ;)

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-25 17:59:54

Phonix

Gave it my best shot in this collab, drop a thought!

Also, id take it respectively if you could check this track out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEhH6UhvRa4

Much thanks.

sup

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-26 19:44:06

ANOTHER new song. OH GOT DAM SON

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-26 22:27:41

-------THE HDC MIXTAPE HAS LANDED-------

So click that link and get it in your filthy virtual paws!

This mixtape is filled with ALL NEW TRACKS from your favorite Newgrounders!

ENJOY!

HDC MIXTAPE ON BANDCAMP

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-27 09:35:23

At 4/26/13 10:27 PM, Teqneek wrote: -------THE HDC MIXTAPE HAS LANDED-------

Done and done.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-27 15:10:49

At 4/26/13 10:27 PM, Teqneek wrote: -------THE HDC MIXTAPE HAS LANDED-------

This mixtape is filled with ALL NEW TRACKS from your favorite Newgrounders!

ENJOY!

HDC MIXTAPE ON BANDCAMP

I listened to about a minute of each track, and I like what I'm hearing. Unfortunately, I've gotta head to work in a few, so I don't have time to check the whole thing, so I'll check it out when I get back tonight.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 10:12:14

I've been reading up on mixing and master and I've started to understand a little bit more than I used to. I went back and edited an old mixtape I did. Any feedback, tips, criticism would be awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/protitan/sets/blckgd

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 11:52:45

At 4/28/13 10:12 AM, PrometheusTheTitan wrote: I've been reading up on mixing and master and I've started to understand a little bit more than I used to. I went back and edited an old mixtape I did. Any feedback, tips, criticism would be awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/protitan/sets/blckgd

Sounds pretty good, yo. Pretty clean.
Sorry for sleepin' on this, I'll download it later!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 12:06:31

In other news, new track with me and Klazik Nadi over a Dre beat.
Stay tuned, too, my second verse is possibly one my best so far.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 13:16:49

I AM BLACK MOSES.

FIRST, I NEED TO LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THIS WAS NOT MY DECISION. I AM GUIDED BY A HIGHER POWER.

I WAS BORED TODAY AFTER CHURCH AND FOUND THIS NEWGROUND WEBSITE AND ALL THE RAP SONGS HERE. THEN I SAW THIS CHAT ROOM, AND READ IT THROUGH ENTIRELY. YOUR SOULS ARE UNCLEAN. AND THOUGH YOU ARE FILLED WITH HATE AND NEGATIVITY, THERE IS STILL HOPE. I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO DELIVER YOU FROM SATAN.

I READ ABOUT A RAP TOURNAMENT HAPPENING THIS SUMMER, AND WHILE IT WAS INTERESTING, I HAD NO DESIRE TO RAP IN IT. THEN, AS I WAS SLEEPING LAST NIGHT I HAD A VISION FROM THE LORD.

IN THIS VISION, I WAS INSTRUCTED BY JESUS GOD ALMIGHTY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. MY MISSION IS TO LEAD MY OPPONENTS DOWN A RIGHTEOUS PATH. I WAS TOLD BY GOD THAT I WILL NOT JUST BE BATTLING TO TEACH MY OPPONENTS ABOUT GOD, BUT FOR A MUCH MORE IMPORTANT REASON.

I WILL BE IN THE FIGHT OF MY LIFE, BATTLING THE FORCES OF EVIL TO SAVE YOUR SOUL.

I AM BLACK MOSES, AND SOON YOU WILL ALL SEE THE LIGHT OF GOD.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 16:33:54

At 4/28/13 01:16 PM, BlackMoses62 wrote: I AM BLACK MOSES.

Other Stuff

Dude. That just made me go rock hard.

~Mike~

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 17:13:26

YOU WILL BEGIN TO SEE THE LIGHT OF THE LORD JESUS TONIGHT.

GOD GUIDED MY HAND TODAY, AND A SONG WAS BORN. THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY GIFTS THAT BLACK MOSES SHALL BESTOW UPON YOU. I WILL BESTOW IT UPON YOU WHEN I RETURN HOME FROM CHURCH THIS EVENING.

PREPARE YOURSELVES TO WALK THE PATH OF GLORY WITH ME.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-28 21:37:46

At 4/28/13 05:13 PM, BlackMoses62 wrote: PREPARE YOURSELVES TO WALK THE PATH OF GLORY WITH ME.

I'm on the edge... of glory... and I'm hanging on a moment of truth.

I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hanging on a moment with you.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 01:20:12

THIS WAS WRITTEN BY THE ALMIGHTY ONE. HE SPOKE THROUGH ME. YOU HAVE BEGUN AN EXCITING JOURNEY DOWN THE ROAD OF SPIRITUAL REBIRTH.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/533266?updated=1

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 05:35:44

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 11:13:32

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 19:01:41

I HAD A VERY IMPORTANT VISION TODAY WHILE I WAS WORKING AT THE SOUP KITCHEN.

THE LORD SPOKE, AND GAVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW YOU ARE TO LIVE YOUR LIVES FROM THIS DAY FORTH.

THESE RULES WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH LIFE AS BOTH A RAPPER AND A PERSON. THIS IS THE SECOND STEP TOWARDS SPIRITUAL AWAKENING.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS WILL ARRIVE SOON.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 20:43:20

At 4/29/13 07:01 PM, BlackMoses62 wrote:
THE LORD SPOKE, AND GAVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW YOU ARE TO LIVE YOUR LIVES FROM THIS DAY FORTH.

Lead me to the promised land Black Moses! I will follow you through the valley of darkness!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-29 23:25:40

At 4/29/13 08:43 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 4/29/13 07:01 PM, BlackMoses62 wrote:
Lead me to the promised land Black Moses! I will follow you through the valley of darkness!

I have waited forever for this spiritual awakening and now it is here. Hail Black Moses!

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-30 19:20:19

AWWWWW SHIT SONS!

Here's a brand new HDC mixtape track, where we each explain how we do our part in contributing to worldwide starvation. Hope you fuckers like it!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-04-30 22:47:29

I am sitting at a cafe programming the new clabtrap. It is so close. Black Moses, show me the light.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-05-01 14:59:06

MC Sign Ups will be open until June 1. I've got the page almost done, you will post your hype tracks to clabtrap.com once the new site is up. I'll have more details soon, but if you are bored now is a good time to start recording Clabtrap 2013 hype tracks.

BBS Signature