New Topic Respond to this Topic
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:40 AM Reply

I've had mine taken out years ago. All four were coming in sideways, so yeah, those had to be out of there. First few days were a bloody and painful mess, then my mouth was swollen, and then it was over within a week's time.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 06:40 AM, RazorHawk wrote: I've had mine taken out years ago. All four were coming in sideways, so yeah, those had to be out of there. First few days were a bloody and painful mess, then my mouth was swollen, and then it was over within a week's time.

I am hoping I do not get a swollen face, and that this can all be over with soon. The pain is not too bad today, and I've only been awake for 15 minutes and have spent that on the laptop here, so I am not too certain about blood today. I am hoping that has passed, as I hate having to bite down of gauze, I keep gagging on it when I speak.

As long as my face does not swell, I'll be happy.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM Reply

I need to get around to getting em out at some point. I figure I'll wait until they hurt. Maybe by then evolution will have been accomplished and they will disappear into nothing.

None

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

I'm 22 and my wisdom teeth are already out in my mouth, I think.

It doesn't hurt or anything, I think I'm just lucky and actually have room for them.

how did people deal with wisdom teeth in the olden days?

I respond to every message!

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

llol

original I am.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 01:00 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: I'm 22 and my wisdom teeth are already out in my mouth, I think.

It doesn't hurt or anything, I think I'm just lucky and actually have room for them.

I asked my girlfriend that same question, and she told me that the pioneers / indians (here at least) used to have a sort of plant that they would bite down on while somebody else ripped the tooth out, it eased the pain somehow through something in it, and then I guess they would just deal with the bleeding and pain like men.

I don't know if this is fact, but her mom's ex-boyfriend is a native man and he had one of the plants there and said that was what they did for tooth extractions and other things back in the day.
Who knows for sure though?

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Dapper
Dapper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:31 PM, Luke wrote: my gums were all cut open in the back of my mouth, the pain was the most intense feeling ever.
I shrugged it off at first
most intense feeling ever
shrugged

I lol'd.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

The only good thing about having your wisdom teeth removed is that it only happens once.

also the pain pills

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 01:00 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: I'm 22 and my wisdom teeth are already out in my mouth, I think.

Most of our jaws have gotten narrower because of evolution. A very long time ago, this wasn't really much of a problem.

My wisdom teeth were highly impacted and extremely bothersome quite a while ago. I had an oral surgeon remove all 4 on January 10, 2008. The procedure took about 30 minutes and I decided not to be IV sedated. I handled myself pretty well during the surgery and post-operatively. At the time, I was 17 and almost 18.

For anyone that hasn't gotten it done but is thinking about it, try to get it done before you're 25, because if you try to get it done when you're 25 or older, you greatly increase your chances of getting your mandibular nerve and all its branches (particularly the inferior alveolar and lingual nerves) temporarily or permanently damaged...at least for your lower wisdom teeth. For the upper teeth, there's also a much higher risk of your sinuses being exposed or perforated. All of this is due to the fact that wisdom teeth roots start to fully form when you're around 25, so getting them out early long before that happens is a much smarter thing to do and much less painful...and that is only if you need them out to begin with. If your wisdom teeth are completely asymptomatic--as in they aren't impacted, perfectly aligned and not bothering you, it's not practical to try to get them removed because you'll just suffer needlessly and waste a lot of money. That's especially true if you're already 25 or older, which I would say is a very big contraindication in itself. My dad is almost 50, still has his wisdom teeth and is doing okay. My mom for some reason waited until she was 40 to get hers out and that wasn't a smart decision, but she's fine now.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

last time i went to have a tooth pulled the dentist's assistant had to hold down my legs because they were shaking like electric jelly

stay strong brother

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:31 PM, Luke wrote: Now, my mouth is a bloody mess, I have to bite gauze and try my best to stop the bleeding.

I've had a tooth pulled before - a wisdom tooth, that had a nasty cavity, but that's what comes from not seeing your dentist for about 7 years...

He's a genius and had the tooth out, before I'd noticed, to be honest. Yes, he put the pliars in my mouth and I thought he was still working a loosening it off, but no, he presented me with a bloody tooth, with pretty distorted roots, compared to those teeth that you see in cartoons. Just be sure to swill your mouth with warm salt water (and have something nice to take the taste away afterwards) to stop you getting an infection from the open wounds and the high levels of bacteria in your mouth.

You'll be fine.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

I had that done done 10 months ago when my wisdom teeth began eroding real bad. Honestly though it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. I was knocked out at the time of them doing it, and even after I had it done I wasn't a hot mess like most people were plus I had a four day weekend because of it. I guess I lucked out with mine.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 05:29 AM, Crashman wrote:
At 8/9/12 04:51 AM, Halberd wrote: This thread scares me

its always been on the back of my mind that one day something like this could happen to me
Just remember pain is only temporary.

And not all pain will kill me

and what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

etc. etc.

always gotta keep these things in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

darshan-ganesh
darshan-ganesh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 09:02 AM Reply

10 minutes? That was a fast working dentist. When they pulled mine out it takes them some 30 minutes or something. I guess my dentist is kind of lazy.

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 10:25 AM Reply

Pulling teeth?

Wisdom Teeth Pulled

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

Rap that pain out.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 03:01 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Most of our jaws have gotten narrower because of evolution. A very long time ago, this wasn't really much of a problem.

Is it even possible for anyone to not have to have their wisdom teeth pulled?

I'm 99.9% sure mine are already in and surfaced. I've never noticed any discomfort or pain or anything.

I respond to every message!

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 02:48 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: Is it even possible for anyone to not have to have their wisdom teeth pulled?

Yes, mine are fine.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

Yeah, everyone exaggerates pain for everything.
Wisdom teeth weren't that bad. Just make sure you have medicine ready to take when you are in bed, because the pain may wake you up for a few nights. It did for me, about 6-8 hours after the last dose of medicine.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 04:29 PM, kiljoy96 wrote: Yeah, everyone exaggerates pain for everything.
Wisdom teeth weren't that bad. Just make sure you have medicine ready to take when you are in bed, because the pain may wake you up for a few nights. It did for me, about 6-8 hours after the last dose of medicine.

OHMYGOD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Damn...I know that getting your wisdom teeth pulled is extremely painful and will be very painful for the next few days or so to come, but sounds to me like it'll be better than the pain you described in the beginning...ouch...

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 04:29 PM, MiloBased wrote:
At 8/13/12 04:29 PM, kiljoy96 wrote: Yeah, everyone exaggerates pain for everything.
OHMYGOD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

Playing League all summer.
I'm at college now so I'll be posting probably every day.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

That sounds scary. I might have mine pulled when I'm older unless they grow out more.

<3

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

Write a rap about this.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 02:48 PM, tarahloveshentai wrote: Is it even possible for anyone to not have to have their wisdom teeth pulled?

I'm 99.9% sure mine are already in and surfaced. I've never noticed any discomfort or pain or anything.

Get a panoramic x-ray or CBCT scan of your jaw just to make sure they're perfectly aligned and not impacted, because if so, you don't need them pulled. Also, there are a lot of people that never grow wisdom teeth at all.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
Razeroath
Razeroath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Wisdom Teeth Pulled Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

Post vid. Good fapping materiel. Yes and I mean that as MATERIELNOT material