00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enjoyedthat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Submit your House for label release

5,230 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys,

Some of you know I'm one of the Deep House producers on Blinded Records, well I'm scouting for more talent again for a sampler release. This is your chance to get onto Beatport, iTunes, etc etc. . and get on your very first sampler release!

I am looking for House Only. This is a house label, anything from Tech House, Deep House, Disco House to Progressive or tasteful Electro.

I am scouting for 9 Artists and up to 2 tracks each.

Do not submit tracks already released on Newgrounds, I want to see tracks that are original pieces and have been saved for such a scenario.

Link me soundclouds of them or send mp3s via a PM if you don't want them to be public. I will need Wavs of the tracks if we decide to pick them up.

Cheers and best of luck! I will respond promptly if I decide to pick your tracks up.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-29 21:50:45

At 7/29/12 07:41 PM, Cross666 wrote: Hey guys,

Cheers and best of luck! I will respond promptly if I decide to pick your tracks up.

I'll cook one up this week.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-29 23:06:26

I guess i might as well give this a shot, though i mostly haven't been producing heavier tracks with more dubstep type elements i have made some tracks that might fit within one of those that you are asking of. At the moment they are both still mostly in progress.

http://soundcloud.com/kirbyfemur/industrious-al-lee-da-lee-w ip

http://soundcloud.com/kirbyfemur/weird-wip

Hopefully these aren't so far off from what you're looking for.... Sorry

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 03:16:59

Is there a deadline for this?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 03:30:14

me and my mate wrote this one a while ago. has never been made downloadable

http://soundcloud.com/atomsmasha/c-tech-ft-atomsmasha-rodger

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 04:54:00

I made this tech-house/techno track once. Got some pretty good response for it, and I've never made it downloadable, so I might as well give it a shot. If you want the .wav or anything, just PM me.

http://soundcloud.com/nick_ummels/saptuce-amsterdam-el-fudge /s-ItBam

New tune: Yag

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 09:39:54

Listening to all the submits up to this point.

As far as deadline goes, it's basically as soon as I confirm 9 artists. So it could be tonight, it could be tomorrow or a week from now.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 09:53:36

Could you give us some info on what kind of contracts people would be obligated to, and perhaps a little bit more info about the label and their marketing plan for this?

I mean, I know "getting on itunes" or whatever is a achievement in itself for most newgrounders but there's plenty of ways to do that and I'm curious to the advantage this label can provide

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 11:07:10

At 7/30/12 09:53 AM, Breed wrote: Could you give us some info on what kind of contracts people would be obligated to, and perhaps a little bit more info about the label and their marketing plan for this?

I mean, I know "getting on itunes" or whatever is a achievement in itself for most newgrounders but there's plenty of ways to do that and I'm curious to the advantage this label can provide

Certainly. Benefits for one:

1. Becoming part of a physical record label, not a purely digital-based label. Blinded Records is an ever growing pool of DJs and Producers from across the New England area and further. We have several Clubs we're residents of and can throw label-based events at any time. Not only do our DJs spin our production live in front of HUNDREDS every weekend, but we also invite other artists on the label to come do the same.

2. Networking, our pool stretches out to other contacts and artists in the music industry. From artists such as Pete Moss, to the Torio Brothers, John Manni, The Collective, Mike Hoska and more. Not only that but the our head honcho of the Label, Osheen, is an official Numark DJ. Mike Hoska himself is also an employee of Numark, and anyone on the label has free access to visit the Providence branch of Numark.

3. Get your artist profile setup on sites such as Beatport, Juno, iTunes, and any other site that receives distribution by IODA.

Contract information will be put forth upon confirmation by Osh on the artists being picked up. Nothing will be processed til all terms are agreed upon. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 12:06:18

Well here is a preview of a current wobble house track I was thinking of releasing as a single. I don't really have the resources to market it though so maybe it would do good in a comp album.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 12:45:19

I'm really interested, just I would need to get a track together. Is it possible for a slot to be reserved for me until I get the track together? I'm mainly just waiting for a piece of software to get here before I do anything. (It's like a day away)

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:18:16

LD I'd like to pick it up. I'm assume that's a snippet right?

So far it's LD and AyoTom so 2 of 9 artists are in. Jerry and Syztm I like where those are going but it's realllly deep into tech, and we're looking for something a little more rounded on the whole. For a tech release those would be great but that's something The Collective would do for their sampler release, they're the main Tech House producers.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:23:11

no sweat cress, im not fussed

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:25:15

No biggie, it was worth a shot.

New tune: Yag

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:31:17

At 7/30/12 01:18 PM, Cross666 wrote: LD I'd like to pick it up. I'm assume that's a snippet right?

Yeah its a snippet but the track isnt completely finished. I can probably finish it up within the week though.

QUESTION

Are you guys planning on getting a mastering engineer on these tracks?

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:35:52

Would something like This be what you guys are looking for?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 13:51:08

PM'ed you with two track I never released.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 14:26:48

Yes Envy that would be something I would like to pick up. and Milk, I would love to add those two in securing you as my 4th Artist.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 14:54:19

Sent my tune to you via PM.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 15:53:39

Might give this a go if I can come up with something before you fill all the spots.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-30 16:39:47

At 7/30/12 02:26 PM, Cross666 wrote: Yes Envy that would be something I would like to pick up. and Milk, I would love to add those two in securing you as my 4th Artist.

Awesome just let me know what I need to do.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-07-31 19:03:00

At 7/30/12 04:39 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:26 PM, Cross666 wrote: Yes Envy that would be something I would like to pick up. and Milk, I would love to add those two in securing you as my 4th Artist.
Awesome just let me know what I need to do.

We're at 3 possibly 4 depending on Envy's confirm now.

This is a first come first served basis as I really want to get the ball rolling on the release, and frankly I can't guarantee anyone a reserved spot if the track isn't approved. I will however reserve a slot for you if I approve a 1-2 minute snippet. but I will need the full track within a week.

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-01 15:35:16

If anyone is wondering,

These are the two songs if anyone is wondering.

http://soundcloud.com/mrmilkcarton/nick-tomassetti-ft-shayne

Remastered and stuff.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-02 22:04:23

Yo~!

Ive had a few tracks released on Giano's Tequila Trax label recently, im actually looking to shop some if not all of my tracks on my soundcloud. peep it out and leme know what cha think

soundcloud.com/johnacosta

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-03 08:29:39

At 8/2/12 10:04 PM, packnsnap wrote: Yo~!

Ive had a few tracks released on Giano's Tequila Trax label recently, im actually looking to shop some if not all of my tracks on my soundcloud. peep it out and leme know what cha think

soundcloud.com/johnacosta

The samples I listened to were in the right mood of what I am looking for but seem to be more skeletons than anything? Do you have full tracks of each of those?

BBS Signature

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-03 11:38:17

At 8/3/12 08:29 AM, Cross666 wrote:

Hey cross666, did you get the PM I sent you?

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-10 05:45:24

What do you think about this?

http://soundcloud.com/shockstorm/shockstorm-trapped-original

Maybe not what you're looking for, but let me know ;)

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-20 19:48:35

So I dont know about you guys, but I am completely in the dark about this. I assume the album either fell through or the OP got flooded with PMs and missed a bunch and isnt really in contact with people.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-21 12:16:33

At 8/20/12 07:48 PM, Breed wrote: So I dont know about you guys, but I am completely in the dark about this. I assume the album either fell through or the OP got flooded with PMs and missed a bunch and isnt really in contact with people.

The whole thing just seems sketchy at this point. He's basically ignored me the whole time, but then didn't he tell you he was gonna pick your track up for the album?
There is a Blinded Records, listed on Beatport but... I'm wondering if he's actually connected with them. Also, Cross666 has hardly logged on since he posted this.
I don't think there's anything sinister going on... I just think this whole thing might be fake.

Response to Submit your House for label release 2012-08-21 12:31:29

At 8/21/12 12:16 PM, Trampzy wrote:
At 8/20/12 07:48 PM, Breed wrote: So I dont know about you guys, but I am completely in the dark about this. I assume the album either fell through or the OP got flooded with PMs and missed a bunch and isnt really in contact with people.
The whole thing just seems sketchy at this point. He's basically ignored me the whole time, but then didn't he tell you he was gonna pick your track up for the album?
There is a Blinded Records, listed on Beatport but... I'm wondering if he's actually connected with them. Also, Cross666 has hardly logged on since he posted this.
I don't think there's anything sinister going on... I just think this whole thing might be fake.

I don't think he's trying to fake us. I just think the communication is poor, which is an indicator that the project may fall through or be finished poorly. It might be a tad sketchy, but bad communication is a pretty popular theme amongst lower level record companies so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had plenty of people come to me telling me they want to sign me or one of my pieces and then never follow up on it....if that's what happens with this then its just another fish in the barrel.